+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Query

Discussion in 'Canadian Experience Class' started by Bexstyla, May 15, 2019.

  1. Hello,

    I have applied for PR through EE - CEC Stream - estimated decision Mid August. My current IEC expires June 21, so we applied about 2 months ago for BOWP - we have not yet had any progress on this BOWP application.

    My question is what is we do not get a decision/approval on the BOWP before our IEC expires?

    Thank you
  2. you should be on implied status then...

    there is not much progress on BOWP applications you can see online...now it takes almost 100 days for the application to get processed...once the decision is made you will see your profile updated (ghost update) and the next day-application approved message....usually like that...
  3. This is where I get a little fuzzy.. if we are still waiting for the BOWP approval, but our IEC expires do we automatically go onto implied status or do we have to submit applications for this. can we still work?
    Bearly got my head around EE entry and BOWP and now I need to understand Implied Status!

    Thank you :)
  4. I'm on the same page. YES, you can continue working while you wait for BWP. I called immigration and they confirmed this.
  5. Thanks for your response. Another issue is i am meeting family in NY june 21 when my IEC expires. Can you still leave the country and return on Implied Status
    jessy87 likes this.
  6. I have no idea about this. probably not. Because you will need BWP to enter Canada? seniors please advise.
  7. Does this applies to Quebec also??? Thanks
  8. I think it's NOT valid for Quebec. Here's a quote from CIG: "Quebec residents are not eligible for a bridging open work permit. Instead, if you hold a valid Certificat de sélection du Québec, you may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit under Labour Market Exemption code A75."

    Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
  9. no you can travel while you are on implied status..better to travel with BWP or PR approval
  10. sry u can not travel while u r on implied status
  11. "If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada."

  12. How long is it taking these days to process BOWP? I want to travel back home end of August and return mid/late September but PGWP is expiring on July 26 while I have received medical request for my PR applied based on Alberta Immigration Nomination Program AINP. I am taking my medical end of this month. Contemplating if I should apply for BOWP or my PR will have processed before I leave end of August. Any takers?
  13. Hi
    Hope you got ur PR.

    Could you please help me in applying bridign open workpermit?

    I have apply for PR in express entry and my current open work permit is going to expire soon. I have to apply for briding workpermit to keep the status. When I was trying to apply through my online account, it is always leading me to the visitorVISA. could you please provide the weblink or suggestions to apply for bridign workpermit.
  14. There's a specific order of answers. You have to answer

    Temporarily - More than 6 Months

    Yes - applied for permanent residence

    No - LMIA

    Work - purpose of application

    Try different combinations till you get to the right one.
  15. Hi
    Thank you so much for the response.
    I logged in to my account and choosen
    Determine your eligibility and apply online:

    Visitor visa, study or workepermit
    What would you like to do in Canada? WORK
    How long are you planning to stay in Canada? TEMP MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
    Country of residence ? Canada

    but still it is leading me to visitor visa made from outside of Canada.
    doesnt make any sense to me

    Can you please provide the weblink for applying bridign openworkpermit please?

Share This Page