Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,

I am in the same boat, I applied on 28th December 2017.
I haven't heard anything since then, I call them they are still reviewing. their processing times are vague and obsolete.
It takes approximately 2 months for the BOWP to be approved. Of course, things may change based on personal situations and current backlog. I would suggest you wait at least 1 or 2 weeks before getting too alarmed, as you are still below two months.

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
It takes approximately 2 months for the BOWP to be approved. Of course, things may change based on personal situations and current backlog. I would suggest you wait at least 1 or 2 weeks before getting too alarmed, as you are still below two months.
Yes Sir,

I am below two months, 28th Dec to 20th Feb 2018.

Thanks for the update

eliselouise

May 5, 2018
Hi all. Hoping one of you may be able to help!

Should get ITA on 6th June, submit docs asap and apply for BOWP as my work permit is expiring the next week. If I have clicked on the right thing, it shows processing times as 45 days (via online app). My app will most likely be held up waiting for eligibility to be passed. The thing is I wanted to surprise my parents in Hawaii from the 9th August for a week... obviously I doubt I will have my BOWP by then so implied status will go out the window if I do go. I'm trying to work out timelines and how long I could be out of work for before BOWP comes through.... anyone have any updated timelines of when they got ITA, when they applied for BOWP, and when they got approved?

Thanks!

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi all. Hoping one of you may be able to help!

Should get ITA on 6th June, submit docs asap and apply for BOWP as my work permit is expiring the next week. If I have clicked on the right thing, it shows processing times as 45 days (via online app). My app will most likely be held up waiting for eligibility to be passed. The thing is I wanted to surprise my parents in Hawaii from the 9th August for a week... obviously I doubt I will have my BOWP by then so implied status will go out the window if I do go. I'm trying to work out timelines and how long I could be out of work for before BOWP comes through.... anyone have any updated timelines of when they got ITA, when they applied for BOWP, and when they got approved?

Thanks!
Even though it says 45 days sometime they process the R10check, it may take upto 60 days or more for Bowp

eliselouise

May 5, 2018
Even though it says 45 days sometime they process the R10check, it may take upto 60 days or more for Bowp
Thanks for the reply, vd5724.

Are you saying if I submit BOWP online say on the 12th June, it could take 60 days before it gets approved? Taking it to the 12th August, then I would receive it in the mail say, a week later? I'm not very knowledgable on this subject as I thought I couldn't even work on implied status (so much differing information is turning me crazy).

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for the reply, vd5724.

Are you saying if I submit BOWP online say on the 12th June, it could take 60 days before it gets approved? Taking it to the 12th August, then I would receive it in the mail say, a week later? I'm not very knowledgable on this subject as I thought I couldn't even work on implied status (so much differing information is turning me crazy).
yes , that is correct.You can work provided you apply for BOWP a month before the expiry of earlier permit but you cannot leave the country, When you submit your application for PR they would do a small background check before issuing BOWP, that was what was told to me by one of the CIC rep, it took me more time to get it. I applied in Dec and got it in first week of March, as I was on PGWP earlier for 2 years 8 months. But one of my friend was lucky to get it in 38 days as his work permit was for 1 year.
Not to confuse you but BOWP is very case specific there are other factors involved in the process.
it all depends on the officer.
I hope this helps

eliselouise

May 5, 2018
Well mine won't be a month before the expiry, it will be a few days. But I've heard that is ok as long as it is BEFORE the work permit expires.

If i leave the country whilst BOWP is in process, it's just my implied status that cancels right, not the whole application?

38 days from applying to getting it in the mail? Lucky him!

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Well mine won't be a month before the expiry, it will be a few days. But I've heard that is ok as long as it is BEFORE the work permit expires.

If i leave the country whilst BOWP is in process, it's just my implied status that cancels right, not the whole application?

38 days from applying to getting it in the mail? Lucky him!
Then I might be wrong about the month thing, but you cannot leave the country if you are on implied status don't risk it.

eliselouise

May 5, 2018
So I was expecting a draw today but alas no...

This isn't exactly related but wondering if someone can help me... my work visa was granted on 16th June 2016 and expires 15th June 2018. Does this mean midnight 15th June, or do I have until 11.59 14th June to submit docs... I just want to be sure as I'm meant to be working 15th June so don't want to be working illegally .... plus the fact I have such a small timeframe to submit docs and apply for BOWP :eek::eek::eek:

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
So I was expecting a draw today but alas no...

This isn't exactly related but wondering if someone can help me... my work visa was granted on 16th June 2016 and expires 15th June 2018. Does this mean midnight 15th June, or do I have until 11.59 14th June to submit docs... I just want to be sure as I'm meant to be working 15th June so don't want to be working illegally .... plus the fact I have such a small timeframe to submit docs and apply for BOWP :eek::eek::eek:
I would recommend apply right away if you have AOR and also call cic and check