+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Processing time

annekling

Feb 28, 2017
Anybody recently got approval on bridging open work permit? Can you share me your timeline? I have submitted my application online on 10/25/2017, have not hear back from CIC yet.Thanks

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Anybody recently got approval on bridging open work permit? Can you share me your timeline? I have submitted my application online on 10/25/2017, have not hear back from CIC yet.Thanks
Hi, I also submitted an application on Oct 30th, still waiting. Have you tried calling them? cos your application is past the 50 days processing time stipulated on the website.

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Also, please let me know when you get your approval message. Thanks.

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
I got my BOWP about a month ago. It took about 2 months. I applied on Sept 19, and it got approved on Nov 17.

I guess it will take very little for you guys. If you applied around the end of October, you'll probably get it right after the holidays.

annekling

Feb 28, 2017
Hi,
I got my BOWP about a month ago. It took about 2 months. I applied on Sept 19, and it got approved on Nov 17.

I guess it will take very little for you guys. If you applied around the end of October, you'll probably get it right after the holidays.
thank you.

musiclover26

Apr 4, 2014
Hi,

Hi just want to ask if did you do it thru online?

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi just want to ask if did you do it thru online?
Yes, online. I have to say thou that it was not easy to understand how to apply for it. Basically, you have to apply as if you were applying for a work permit, and then after you go through all questions it will tell you which visa to apply for... but you will never find "Bridging Open Work Permit" among the options. I had to try a few times before understanding which was the right way to answer the questions to get to apply for the BOWP.

funter28

May 20, 2015
Yes, online. I have to say thou that it was not easy to understand how to apply for it. Basically, you have to apply as if you were applying for a work permit, and then after you go through all questions it will tell you which visa to apply for... but you will never find "Bridging Open Work Permit" among the options. I had to try a few times before understanding which was the right way to answer the questions to get to apply for the BOWP.
Hi. Can you guide me related to BOWP? I am currently having pgwv expiring in August 2018. However, during this 2.5 yrs of pgwv possession i never stayed/worked/visited Canada. I just want to visit Canada after few months to apply for BOWP to secure visa extension as my PR application is under process and I have no idea how long will take. Based on your experience would you recommend me to apply keeping in mind all these scenarios i mentioned? Thanks!

bradshaw

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
Hello,

can you please guide me how to aplly for this bridging work permit ?
i am currently employed in Montreal (job code 2175) and my PGWP will expire soon. I am still waiting for my CSQ.

thanks

Reactions: Hina0208

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi. Can you guide me related to BOWP? I am currently having pgwv expiring in August 2018. However, during this 2.5 yrs of pgwv possession i never stayed/worked/visited Canada. I just want to visit Canada after few months to apply for BOWP to secure visa extension as my PR application is under process and I have no idea how long will take. Based on your experience would you recommend me to apply keeping in mind all these scenarios i mentioned? Thanks!
If I remember well, to apply for BOWP you need to stay in Canada under a valid work permit, and probably you also need to actually work. The purpos of the BOWP is to make sure you can keep working while you are in Canada with a pending PR application, rather than being forced to leave the country or having to leave your job (which would affect the PR application). If you are not in Canada, all this would not apply to you, so you would not be eligible to apply for BOWP.

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

can you please guide me how to aplly for this bridging work permit ?
i am currently employed in Montreal (job code 2175) and my PGWP will expire soon. I am still waiting for my CSQ.

thanks
Not sure how it works for Quebec... shouldn't you get CSQ before applying for PR? if you haven't applied for PR yet, you can't apply for a BOWP.

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,

Hi,

I am in the same boat, I applied on 28th December 2017.
I haven't heard anything since then, I call them they are still reviewing. their processing times are vague and obsolete.