+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit - IMM5710e

simonw

Jul 9, 2019
Hi all,

I'm having some huge problems with the IMM 5710e form.

I was unable to view it in Chrome, so I downloaded it and opened it in Acrobat. This worked and I was able to fill out and generate the barcodes.

1. Firstly this file is 32mb with the barcodes, and the upload only allows < 4mb. But I can compress it.

2. Secondly, I cannot combine any other files with it. It just outright doesn't work. Acrobat gives me a "Acrobat does not support the conversion of one or more of your files to PDF." And a big yellow ! on the IMM5710e form.

3. Thirdly I can't print it, and re-scan it to re-create the file. The upload form tells me there's an error, and one of the possible descriptions explicitly tells me "Don’t upload a scanned version of the application form. When you apply online, you don’t need to physically sign the form."

4. The help pages for this ask you to re-order the barcodes to be the 1st page in the stack. Is that necessary, I mean that doesn't work either in this messed up PDF anyway so I can't do it even if I want to!
What is the solution to this? I need to combine the PDF with 2 additional documents and get it uploaded to the BOWP application.

Many thanks!

simonw

Jul 9, 2019
OK, I did a more searching and have come to the conclusion that this file can not be combined. So I HAVE to upload the additional docs as part of the Client Information section.

Why don't they make this easy!? You really have to jump through a lot of stressful hoops just to obtain and upload a simple PDF.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi all,

I'm having some huge problems with the IMM 5710e form.

I was unable to view it in Chrome, so I downloaded it and opened it in Acrobat. This worked and I was able to fill out and generate the barcodes.

1. Firstly this file is 32mb with the barcodes, and the upload only allows < 4mb. But I can compress it. > its not 32mb. You need to use internet explorer or firefox to download the file.

2. Secondly, I cannot combine any other files with it. It just outright doesn't work. Acrobat gives me a "Acrobat does not support the conversion of one or more of your files to PDF." And a big yellow ! on the IMM5710e form. > you need to update or download a newer version of adobe acrobat reader dc

3. Thirdly I can't print it, and re-scan it to re-create the file. The upload form tells me there's an error, and one of the possible descriptions explicitly tells me "Don’t upload a scanned version of the application form. When you apply online, you don’t need to physically sign the form." > the form needs to be typed and validated. After validation it generates a barcode. This will be the PDF which needs to be uploaded. you can print if for fun but its not useful. you cannot scan and upload. it needs to be filled on the computer > saved> and uploaded. It uses digital signature system that does not need physical signature.

4. The help pages for this ask you to re-order the barcodes to be the 1st page in the stack. Is that necessary, I mean that doesn't work either in this messed up PDF anyway so I can't do it even if I want to! > If you follow the above instructions carefully. you should not have a problem.
What is the solution to this? I need to combine the PDF with 2 additional documents and get it uploaded to the BOWP application.
All form starting with IMM are to be filled and uploaded as solo. do not try to attach anything with it. if you have additions, you can upload it in the additional documents section.

Many thanks!