+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT - DEC 2012 ONWARDS

GHboy

Jan 6, 2013
Hi Infoseeker,
I am unable to respond to PM as I have not yet reached the required threshold of public posts.
If your WP expired within the last 90 days and you have valid status through the study permit, the yes, you should apply.
Include a letter asking for your study permit to be maintained in the case of decline as a precautionary measure.
The online system will force you to pay for the restoration, but, you could indeed have a refund processed as I did.
Chin up and apply!
I don't think my case was special treatment - call centre answers always seem to be most conservative to avoid liability.

I checked off both, Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker and A work permit with a new employer when I filled out my form.
On page 3 of 5, be sure to type Not Available for all the future employment info in text fields.
I am very interested to know how it goes, PM me when you get a response.
All the best Infoseeker!

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
So, do you mean that we need to write N/A on the questions 2,3 and 4of the page 3? It would make sense to me. But call centre told me I should fill up the question 4, "my occupation in Canada will be" . Did you leave it in blank? Thanks

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
GHboy said:
Hi Infoseeker,
I am unable to respond to PM as I have not yet reached the required threshold of public posts.
If your WP expired within the last 90 days and you have valid status through the study permit, the yes, you should apply.
Include a letter asking for your study permit to be maintained in the case of decline as a precautionary measure.
The online system will force you to pay for the restoration, but, you could indeed have a refund processed as I did.
Chin up and apply!
I don't think my case was special treatment - call centre answers always seem to be most conservative to avoid liability.

I checked off both, Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker and A work permit with a new employer when I filled out my form.
On page 3 of 5, be sure to type Not Available for all the future employment info in text fields.
I am very interested to know how it goes, PM me when you get a response.
All the best Infoseeker!
Thank you GHboy. Your response does give me lot of courage to apply. You have mentioned about 90 days. Is there any strong basis for that, perhaps you read it somewhere or the officer informed you? Because today was the 90th day - and today i checked this forum and saw your post :(

Let me know the story behind 90 days. Many thanks.

GHboy

Jan 6, 2013
Infoseeker, you had better apply before midnight in Ottawa!

Karioca - Not Available is what I typed in that field.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
That's my point. Why is 90 days important? If they can rule over the valid work permit rule, not sure why 90 days matter.

And for someone reason, my application doesnt go through the online way.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Thanks GHboy

Ashi87

Jan 9, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2011
Doc's Request.
sent along with the initial application( again on june26,2013)
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with the initial application
Med's Request
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
already in canada since August 2009
GH, I need to get your advise on this, I am on a kind of dilemma, My work permit expired on Dec 16,2012. I applied for study permit as well as another work permit ( work permit for refused because I was unable to get a positive LMO) ans study permit is in process (anytime I ll get it within 5-7 days).

Can I apply for Bridge open work permit with a restoration fee just now.. Please please help me. I guess I need to apply for BOWP before my study permit come. I already have my FSWP positive eligibility since May 2012.

Please help me out. I wanted to speak to you on this. If you can please reply on ms.puneet@yahoo.ca.
As you can see if I am eligible, its very important for me to apply for it asap before I get my study permit.

Thanks,
Ashi

Ashi87

Jan 9, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
Hello GHboy,
The most recent post was the answer to my(Ashi87)'s question right? If yes, Should I do an online application or paper application. I do prefer online application.? Thank you so so much.. Please please do @Ashi87 when you respond to my query, so that I am clear on this.
I just need to add an explanation letter.

I am little bit relieved upon good thought.

Thanks again,

GHboy

Jan 6, 2013
@Infoseeker - made a mistake. Did not read the part of your message where you had applied for a study permit to keep you in status. All should be well with your application.

Hi Ashi,
Unfortunately, I am not an immigration officer so I can only share my perspective.
I would advise you to apply using the online application - there is a quiz you have to go through first.
If you complete the quiz and are found to be eligible, you may apply.

Your situation is very similar to mine in that your work permit expired, but, you maintained your status in Canada through a study permit application.
Did you wait for your work permit application to fail because of LMO before you applied for the study permit? If so, a restoration may be needed. You are within 90 days of expiry so a restoration of status is an option.

Hope this helps.... All the best!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Ashi87

Jan 9, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
HI GHboy,

I applied both of them simultaneously cause I was not sure that I would get a positive LMO. I did online application for WP and paper application by mail for study permit. My study permit would be here anytime (hope so) but I want to go for BOWP now so I ll do that online.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone who applied after GHboy got any response yet from CIC.

GHboy, have you received the BOWP in your mail yet or is the confirmation just online so far?

cheers

Ashi87

Jan 9, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
@ Infoseeker,
I also applied the BOWP the same day as yours.
I also restored my status on study permit after the expiry of my wp. Lets see what comes up. fingers crossed :)

Well just to add I am not sure if you have already applied for BOWP yet or not..

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Ashi87 said:
@ Infoseeker,
I also applied the BOWP the same day as yours.
I also restored my status on study permit after the expiry of my wp. Lets see what comes up. fingers crossed :)

Well just to add I am not sure if you have already applied for BOWP yet or not..
Thanks Ashi for responding. Yes, I did it the same night. Been very much anxious to know if anyone heard anything. I can see CIC has already charged my credit card, but no word or response from CIC so far. Guess it will take 55 days before they will make any noise.

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi guys

Yesterday (March 12) I applied online for an open work permit. I was wondering if it is right to choose "A work permit with the same employer" and "work permit with new employer", because there is not an option for "open work permit" or "bridging open work permit" on the first page.

Also on page 3, I added the information of my actual employer, because I'm still working in the same place in the same position. An my contract with this company is open. I have been working here since May 2010 and my work permit is going to expire on July 6, 2013.

Also, I attached a letter of explanation that I explain that I'm eligible for a bridging open work permit (because I applied for PR trough the SINP on March 2011, Moreover I attached the last email I received from Ottawa on January 2013). Also that the company where I work is struggling and I feel I would get laid off in any moment, and I'm going to be a father. My girlfriend is a Canadian citizen, we have been dating for more than 2 years and we are going to move together to start our own family.

The question is: Do you think they can reject my application for bridging open work permit?