Hi everyone,

My timeline:

AOR: May 18th, 2018
BOWP applied: June 26th, 2018

51 days mark reached today.

Good luck to all.
Hi,

Quick update:

CIC portal application status was “updated” on Friday, August 17th.

Review of Elegibility status changed to :
“We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.”,
“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility”

This is the first time my application got updated since i’ve applied 52 days ago (June 26th).

Anyone whose BOWP has been approved having a timeline from the moment they got this update?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

AK1990

Aug 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
17-05-2018
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
Hi,

Quick update:

CIC portal application status was “updated” on Friday, August 17th.

Review of Elegibility status changed to :
“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility”

This is the first time my application got updated since i’ve applied 52 days ago (June 26th).

Anyone whose BOWP has been approved having a timeline from the moment they got this update?

Thanks in advance!
Anyone?

AK1990

Aug 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
17-05-2018
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
Hi everyone,

UPDATE:

BOWP submitted: 06/26/2018
BOWP approved: 08/20/2018

55 days from submission of application until approval.

And to answer my question, it took 3 calendar days / 1 business day for BOWP to be approved from the moment eligibility status changed to :
“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.”.

Best of luck to everyone!

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
I applied for PR through PNP on Jan. 207, still waiting for PPR. My WP will expire in Oct. 03. I wonder if I can go to the border to get open Bridge work permit? thanks

snoot

Jan 17, 2018
Hey all,

I just got my ITA today, sent in my documents, got my AOR, used it to finish my BOWP application! Great!

But when I was completing the BOWP, it only asked me for $155, which I've now paid. I WILL be charged the other $100 later, correct? I hope I didn't mess something up!

wicky1995

Apr 28, 2014
Congratulations

Please help me with questions lead to apply BOWP
Recieved AOR in april. Curuntly working full-time NOC B

Questions

What would you like to do in Canada? Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily - more than 6 months
Which country issued your passport? IND (India)
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada. Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? No
What is your date of birth? month 18, year
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)? No
What is your current immigration status in Canada? Worker
Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
a military personnel assigned to Canada
a participant in professional sports activities or events
an employee of a foreign news company
a religious worker No
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada? Yes

Do you have a written job offer? No

By this i can get eligible for TRV and not BOWP.

Please suggest thanks.
Hi,
My BOWP approved today..
Applied on 17th Feb and Went "on hold" on 29th March...

RUK

Dec 1, 2015
I have some questions about a BOWP application, and I am wondering if I could get some feedback from seniors or those with knowledge and experience. Your prompt response and effort will be greatly appreciated.

Background: BOWP application, CEC Inland EE applicant, currently on PGWP.

1. Under optional documents there is a Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM5257). First of all, it says 'made outside' and secondly, I understand that it is an optional document. However, is it optional for everyone or only applicants from visa-exempt countries?

2. I am applying for one or more of the following: a) Apply for a work permit with the same employer OR b) Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer. Which option should be selected? I do not think that it would be 'restore your status as a worker'.

3. Personal Details section: Current country of residence: Canada and status is worker, but what should be mentioned in the 'from date' field? The date from your work permit or the date since you first arrived in Canada as a student?

4. Coming into Canada section: If applicable, provide the document number of the most recent Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit issued to you. Not sure what they mean here or what document number to provide?

5. Details of Intended Work in Canada section: What type of work permit are you applying for, Open Work Permit? For questions 02 – 08, no information is required and should be left blank?

6. Employment section: Give details of your employment for the past 10 years, including if you have held any government positions (such as civil servant, judge, police officer, mayor, member of parliament, hospital administrator.) Should you list your on or off campus part-time work experience in Canada? There are only 03 spaces provided for employment details, but if you have more, then where should you list the rest?

7. Document Checklist: Application Form (IMM5710), Passport, Photo, Medical Exam, and LOE (cover letter & AOR). Is there any other document required for a BOWP application?

Thank you for your time and patience.

@scylla, @Leon, @canuck_in_uk, @Rob_TO, @Bryanna, @jes_ON, @DelPiero07, @Wandering Mind, @iamxty

Shree_UK

Sep 7, 2017
Any June 2018 EE CEC applicants recently applied for BOWP and got it approved, I am 12th June AOR CEC Inland applicant, applied for BOWP on 14th Sept and waiting. It would be helpful if you can share your timelines if you applied and got BOWP approved recently. Thanks

Pankilshah

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Gujarat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
29-08-2013
Med's Request
22-09-2013
Med's Done....
23-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013 applied for VISA
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2013 got the VISA
LANDED..........
06-12-2013
Hi There,

I'm holding post graduation work permit and applied for PR through express entry though my work permit is getting expire in 3 months. thus i have few question regarding to Bridging work permit if you guys can help me?

1) Whats the deadline for applying bridging work permit ? i.e. 30 days before expire my work permit or even 1 day before i can do?
2) Suppose i applied earlier and by chance i got approval my PR also received my landing paper then can i cancel my bridging open work permit? if it isn't started process then can i get refund?

please help me for this dilemma.

Thank You in advance,
Pankil

Shree_UK

Sep 7, 2017
Anyone who has cancelled Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) recently, if so or info could you please help me with the suggested option:
  • Call CIC - discuss and ask them to cancel or followed with raise the web form?
"OR"
  • Open the Web form requesting to cancel the BOWP?

Scenario:
  1. Waiting for PPR - applied PR under CEC as inland, whilst Closed work permit is near to expire I did applied BOWP Online from my end.
  2. However, my employer initiated Closed Work Permit although they are aware of my PR application status and the BOWP status
  3. My preference is Closed Work Permit, I am not looking for new job or flexibility as such perhaps no issues with my current job. Further, as its only 13 working days (submitted on 14th Sept 2018) I don't think they have started my BOWP processing as yet. However, online BOWP status shows we are processing your application

wrandelva

Oct 2, 2018
Thanks Leka!!

Yes I have uploaded AOR in the CSE.
Hi there, I don't know if you have got your PR already but wish you all the best.
I'm just wondering what did you after your PGWP expired on July 31st.? I'm experiencing a similar situation here as my PGWP expires on Nov. 7th and so does my visa. I applied BOWP on Oct. 03 with the AOR and I understand that it'll take a few weeks to get the BOWP and I'll be put in to the implied status after my PGWP expires. However, I need a valid visa to renew my driver's license (expires on Nov. 30th) and SIN (expires on Nov. 7th). I'll be really appreciate it if you could me some advice.
Thank you!