+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Jul 17, 2017
Hi everybody,
My husband and I applied for BOWP on May 18 and yesterday I got an email about our applications being updated and I didn't see anything new except that they added the UCI. Does anyone know how long would take them to finish reviewing our applications once they start and to reach a final decision?
I'm also interested in knowing this. My partner and I also applied May 18 and received an update email today... Only change was the status changed from 'We are processing your application...' to blank. Hoping this means it's close!?

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I'm also interested in knowing this. My partner and I also applied May 18 and received an update email today... Only change was the status changed from 'We are processing your application...' to blank. Hoping this means it's close!?
that means your bridge work permit on hold. Ones R10 completes they approve it.

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Thank you! Do you have any idea what kind of time frame that would be?
it completely depends on your file.mine (aor 6th may, bridge work permit submitted on May 12th, work permit went to hold on 7th of this month.pr file status: background check is going on)) even I don't know exactly how much time they need.

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear frnds,

I have applied for Express Entry PR and I am already at around 140 days of my e-APR AOR. So I am expecting PPR anytime.
I am inland.
My work permit is expiring in 15 days from now and I have applied for BOWP two weeks back.

BOWP is taking 70 to 75 days as per current trend. So I am expecting PPR before BOWP.

Question is: Can I cross border, if my BOWP is not yet approved but PPR stamping on passport is done? Or I will have to wait till BOWP is approved and then

only I can cross border?

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Dear frnds,

I have applied for Express Entry PR and I am already at around 140 days of my e-APR AOR. So I am expecting PPR anytime.
I am inland.
My work permit is expiring in 15 days from now and I have applied for BOWP two weeks back.

BOWP is taking 70 to 75 days as per current trend. So I am expecting PPR before BOWP.

Question is: Can I cross border, if my BOWP is not yet approved but PPR stamping on passport is done? Or I will have to wait till BOWP is approved and then

only I can cross border?
Yes you can just print out your proof of BOWP application submitted online and that is accepted.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
I applied on May 6. And got request to resign the representative form since the agent didn't fill out the form properly. I uploaded the new form on 13 of July. But I haven't got any update after that. :(