+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Nanana1

Mar 26, 2017
Hi, is there anyone who have seen just blank at alplication status on cic account?
My application status says nothing, only blank from last a few days ago. It used to say my application was submitted and there would be more message if they need anything or it is done.
Other sections are saying mine is on processing. However, seeing blank at application status is really weird. If there is anyone who have experienced it before or know about it, please tell me as much as you know.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Hi, is there anyone who have seen just blank at alplication status on cic account?
My application status says nothing, only blank from last a few days ago. It used to say my application was submitted and there would be more message if they need anything or it is done.
Other sections are saying mine is on processing. However, seeing blank at application status is really weird. If there is anyone who have experienced it before or know about it, please tell me as much as you know.
If you took the time to read the very last posts on this same thread you would see that a few of us are experiencing the very same thing.

MikeMike1

Jun 14, 2017
Hi guys,
can someone tell me what's the connection between BOWP approval and PPR? How long does it usually take between BOWP approval and receiving PPR?

Sorry if this has been covered before, I searched forums, but didn't find the answer.

Thanks!

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Hi guys,
can someone tell me what's the connection between BOWP approval and PPR? How long does it usually take between BOWP approval and receiving PPR?

Sorry if this has been covered before, I searched forums, but didn't find the answer.

Thanks!
BOWP approval has nothing to do with PPR, but I do believe that for the BOWP to be approved is that the first stage of PR was finalized. So your PR application was deemed complete.

Reactions: Preet70

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
My BOWP went "On Hold" on 1st June, 2017 and since then there is no update, now it is not showing any status.... I am already on Implied Status... :(
same here, my EE AOR received on 13 APR 2017, applied BOWP on 28 APR 2017.My BOWP went "On Hold" on 10 June, 2017. I am in implied status.

Please let me know if you get the BOWP approval. thanks

Reactions: Sandycool

trune

May 22, 2015
Hi all, I'm getting some conflicting advice. Two separate places I have spoken to have told me the opposite of each other.

Basically, I have been here on IEC Working Holiday Permits for the past little while. Decided I wanted to stay, entered the EE pool and went through that whole process. My WHP runs out on 29th July, and I applied for a BOWP to carry me through to when my PR application is decided upon. PR application went in on 23rd June, BOWP on 26th. Now one source is telling me that I am ineligible for the BOWP because I cannot extend my current IEC WHP as they explicitly do not allow this. The other source is telling me that I am eligible for a BOWP because it is a different class of permit, I'm not extending my IEC WHP and as such I will actually have implied status until my BOWP comes through.

So much conflicting information out on the internet that I'm struggling to work out what is true?

Sandycool

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
same here, my EE AOR received on 13 APR 2017, applied BOWP on 28 APR 2017.My BOWP went "On Hold" on 10 June, 2017. I am in implied status.

Please let me know if you get the BOWP approval. thanks
Sure...there is no update on that yet...waiting :(

negative

Nov 2, 2015
Hi everyone, I have a question.
I am a Temporary Foreign Worker and my wife is on an OWP. We got our PPR and sent our passports to Ottawa. Our visa will expire on 1st of July.
If Ottawa does not send back our passports tomorrow, we won't have time to do the landing. I am thinking about applying BOWP. After we apply we would be in implied status.
And After I get the PR, I want to send a request to withdraw my application to get refunded. Do you think this might work?
Can I apply for OWP extension for my wife in the same application package? How does it work for dependents?

MikeMike1

Jun 14, 2017
Hi all, I'm getting some conflicting advice. Two separate places I have spoken to have told me the opposite of each other.

Basically, I have been here on IEC Working Holiday Permits for the past little while. Decided I wanted to stay, entered the EE pool and went through that whole process. My WHP runs out on 29th July, and I applied for a BOWP to carry me through to when my PR application is decided upon. PR application went in on 23rd June, BOWP on 26th. Now one source is telling me that I am ineligible for the BOWP because I cannot extend my current IEC WHP as they explicitly do not allow this. The other source is telling me that I am eligible for a BOWP because it is a different class of permit, I'm not extending my IEC WHP and as such I will actually have implied status until my BOWP comes through.

So much conflicting information out on the internet that I'm struggling to work out what is true?
So I'm pretty sure you are totally eligible for BOWP. You cannot extend WH permit. This is what is not allowed (you can however apply for extension that will get rejected, but in the meantime you would go into the implied status until the decision is made. I heard about people doing this). Anyway, by applying for BOWP you are not asking to extend your WH permit. That one will expiry, but while you wait for your PR decision you are eligible for a new work permit (BOWP). This new permit will have the same restrictions and rights that your initial permit (WH). And, yes, while you wait for BOWP, you are under implied status even if you came on WH permit.