11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Today my BOWP application went to "on hold"
Any ideas when can I expect BOWP?

Regards

JakubC

Mar 30, 2017
Hi all! (first post here, please excuse confusion, should it cause any ;D)

I will keep this short and easy to follow:

Currently on Young Professional visas, expiring APR-26 2017, been working for the same employer since SEP 2015, employer who wishes to keep me and this process to be as seamless as possible.. Now:

Early tomorrow I will be submitting my e-APR (EE, CEC) and in hopes of receiving AOR immediately (question 1. - Is that a wrong assumption?) I will apply for BOWP AS SOON AS I POSSIBLY CAN. Knowing that processing times for BOWP are usually no less than 4 weeks, and I can NOT benefit from implied status (YP = IEC), I will no longer be able to STAY OR WORK in Canada past APR-26 (Question 2 - again, is that a correct assumption..?)

My plan in nutshell -> leave Canada no later than APR-26, nearly 4 weeks into my BOWP Application, stay outside for ~10days (buying some extra time for decision), and either come back a VISITOR (and wait for decision inland, not working) or with BOWP approved, resuming work for my employer..

Has anyone been in a similar situation..? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!!!

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
JakubC said:

Currently on Young Professional visas, expiring APR-26 2017, been working for the same employer since SEP 2015, employer who wishes to keep me and this process to be as seamless as possible.. Now:

Early tomorrow I will be submitting my e-APR (EE, CEC) and in hopes of receiving AOR immediately (question 1. - Is that a wrong assumption?) I will apply for BOWP AS SOON AS I POSSIBLY CAN. Knowing that processing times for BOWP are usually no less than 4 weeks, and I can NOT benefit from implied status (YP = IEC), I will no longer be able to STAY OR WORK in Canada past APR-26 (Question 2 - again, is that a correct assumption..?)

My plan in nutshell -> leave Canada no later than APR-26, nearly 4 weeks into my BOWP Application, stay outside for ~10days (buying some extra time for decision), and either come back a VISITOR (and wait for decision inland, not working) or with BOWP approved, resuming work for my employer..

Has anyone been in a similar situation..? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!!!
I am in your same situation. Even though IEC cannot extend work permit in other circumstances, it looks like when you apply for PR, you can actually benefit also with the BOWP. Because you qualify for the requirements:

To qualify, you must have applied under the:

Federal Skilled Worker Program,
Canadian Experience Class,
Federal Skilled Trades Program,
Provincial Nominee Program,
Caring for Children Class, or
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.
You must also:

currently be in Canada,
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months,
select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit when you complete your work permit application, and
pay the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.

So I would say: Apply for BOWP once you get the AOR and you can stay here working because you would be under "implied status" by then.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
JakubC said:

You get an AOR within 24 hours (in most cases) of applying.

JakubC

Mar 30, 2017
olgac said:
I am in your same situation. Even though IEC cannot extend work permit in other circumstances, it looks like when you apply for PR, you can actually benefit also with the BOWP. Because you qualify for the requirements:

You must also:

currently be in Canada,
select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit when you complete your work permit application, and

So I would say: Apply for BOWP once you get the AOR and you can stay here working because you would be under "implied status" by then.
Implied status doesn't apply AT ALL to IEC/WH/YP applicants:

--- britishexpats.com/wiki/Implied_Status_IEC

It's all there, but good luck to you, should you choose to overstay your welcome here..

I am leaving Canada last day of my current work permit/status hoping to receive BOWP and chance to come back. Good luck all!

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
JakubC said:
Implied status doesn't apply AT ALL to IEC/WH/YP applicants:

--- britishexpats.com/wiki/Implied_Status_IEC

It's all there, but good luck to you, should you choose to overstay your welcome here..

I am leaving Canada last day of my current work permit/status hoping to receive BOWP and chance to come back. Good luck all!
I understand your point but the requiriments for BOWP are:

You must also:

currently be in Canada,

It would be nice if someone with IEC applied for BOWP before and can say something about it.

DannyMC8710

Feb 23, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

My application for BOWP has been "on Hold" for like a month, today it changed to we recevided you application. We will send you a message when.... Does mean that it's gonna be approved or rejected soon ? As far as I know my R10 and A11.2 fro PR proces is OK.

Thanks,
Dani

Ppujara

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, I have submitted my PR application via EE on 24 NOV 2016 but I haven't received any update yet. Please not that in my medical exam doctor mentioned that I may have inactive TB for which CIC should have asked me for sputum sample by now but unfortunately CIC hasn't requested that yet. (my family doctor did the same test and he said that I am normal, he didn't find any active/inactive TB signs)

My work permit is expiring on 22 Jun 2017 (80 days form now), so I am preparing to apply for bridging work permit in this week.

When I apply for BOWP, system asked me put medical exam performed by CIC approved doctor in last 12 months.

1) As I have done medical exam in last 12 months for my PR application, should i use the same medical result for BOWP ? (As mentioned earlier, this exam has indicated inactive TB). this way my PR application and BOWP will have 'same' medical exam results.

2) should I do separate medical exam (hoping that it will be normal, as I am counting on my family doctor) for BOWP ? But this way CIC will have two separate medical exam results for my case. One for PR application and second for BOWP and this may potentially confuse Immigration officer.

It is very frustrating, senior members please advise me, what should I do?

DannyMC8710

Feb 23, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olgac said:
I understand your point but the requiriments for BOWP are:

You must also:

currently be in Canada,

It would be nice if someone with IEC applied for BOWP before and can say something about it.
Hi,

I'm from IEC and applied for BOWP, my BOWP has been approved today and I've been one month in Implied status .

Thanks,
Dani

joyleo

Apr 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DannyMC8710 said:
Hi,

I'm from IEC and applied for BOWP, my BOWP has been approved today and I've been one month in Implied status .

Thanks,
Dani
Congrats! Can you please let us know when had you applied for your bowp?

Thanks
Joy

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
DannyMC8710 said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Dani
Thank you for sharing this! Very helpful

DannyMC8710

Feb 23, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joyleo said:
Congrats! Can you please let us know when had you applied for your bowp?

Thanks
Joy
I applied January 24th after got my AOR, after one month my BOWP went to on Hold because my R10 fro PR was not done, and today got an updated in myCIC saying that my BOWP has been approved. I've been in Implied status since March 15th.

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hi Guys,

I am applying for BOWP, since I am living and working in Alberta and Got my PNP from Nova Scotia. my PR application is still in process.I was filling this form IMM5710E but got confused.

1.should I select new employer or same employer page #1

2.at page #3 what should I write for my intended work in Canada since I have approved PNP from nova scotia so I don't know whether I write Alberta or nova scotia

please help if anyone has done the same thing

thank you

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Aliz14 said:
Hi Guys,

I am applying for BOWP, since I am living and working in Alberta and Got my PNP from Nova Scotia. my PR application is still in process.I was filling this form IMM5710E but got confused.

New employer
1.should I select new employer or same employer page #1

2.at page #3 what should I write for my intended work in Canada since I have approved PNP from nova scotia so I don't know whether I write Alberta or nova scotia
Alberta
please help if anyone has done the same thing

thank you

joyleo

Apr 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DannyMC8710 said:
I applied January 24th after got my AOR, after one month my BOWP went to on Hold because my R10 fro PR was not done, and today got an updated in myCIC saying that my BOWP has been approved. I've been in Implied status since March 15th.
Thanks again for sharing, seems like your PPR is waiting round the corner!

Regards
Joy