June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
tinaw2009 said:
We applied in Dec.. as officer handled it with oversight, so we took longer time. referring to this site, many get theirs within 30 days.
I see. Well I think the wait times has been increased. I've already passed the 31 day mark.
Congratulations by the way!

VO18

Oct 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am currently on PGWP and already applied for BOWP. My PG expires on May 7. If I don't have an answer for BOWP before then, am I on implied status and can work until my application is rejected? Did I get that right?...

Thanks.

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
VO18 said:
Hi everyone,

I am currently on PGWP and already applied for BOWP. My PG expires on May 7. If I don't have an answer for BOWP before then, am I on implied status and can work until my application is rejected? Did I get that right?...

Thanks.
Yes, you can work while you are on implied status.

OMNI.MCA

Apr 28, 2015
Hi Friends,

On which number or email ID should i can contact BOWP officer if i have not received open work permit after my due date.

Regards

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
OMNI.MCA said:
Hi Friends,

On which number or email ID should i can contact BOWP officer if i have not received open work permit after my due date.

Regards

When did you apply? The current processing time on CIC site is 31 days. If you passed the wait time then you can contact CIC at
Telephone number: 1-888-242-2100 (only from within Canada)

OMNI.MCA

Apr 28, 2015
Thanks Friend,

I applied on 10th Feb 2017. Hence i need to wait 10 more days to reach 31 days mark.

Regards

goodenough

Feb 22, 2017
reddyreddy said:
You can submit your BOWP using your first e-APR/AOR.

If your R10 is not processed by the time the VO starts working on ur BOWP, ur application will be put on hold untill ur R10 is passed
Hi again,

I received my AOR email yesterday, but in order to get to the Open Work Permit application through the CIC questionnaire I had to actually answer YES to the following question:

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

Otherwise it wouldn't give me the Open Work Permit option.

Was I doing something wrong?

gackt1229

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
OMNI.MCA said:
Thanks Friend,

I applied on 10th Feb 2017. Hence i need to wait 10 more days to reach 31 days mark.

Regards
Based on the estimate processing time IRCC provided, I think they mean 10 business days.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
goodenough said:
Hi again,

I received my AOR email yesterday, but in order to get to the Open Work Permit application through the CIC questionnaire I had to actually answer YES to the following question:

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

you answered it correct,it should be yes, and for valid job offer NO

goodenough

Feb 22, 2017
ramu_rokey said:
you answered it correct,it should be yes, and for valid job offer NO
Thank you!

Just to clarify - by AOR I mean the letter you get in your account within the next 24h after submitting e-APR. Still good?

PR_FOR_CAD

Mar 10, 2016
goodenough said:
Thank you!

Just to clarify - by AOR I mean the letter you get in your account within the next 24h after submitting e-APR. Still good?
Yes, they mention about open bridge work permit in that eAOR letter. Please go through that letter, it will be straight forward for you , I believe.

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi,if anyone has received BOWP, I have practical question to ask and appreciate your answer.

I got the paper work permit today. But I don't know if this paper enough for me enter/leave Canada freely ? We I go my first 3 year work permit, there is one paper work permit and a sticker on my passport. The sticker just like a visa with expiry date, while one paper just similar as the new one. So my question is that do I still need a similar sticker ? if yes, where can I get it as there is no indication from Immigrant office at all. Or the new work permit paper is only document I need to have ? Thanks!

JanP

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
goodenough said:
Hi again,

I was able to get to the TRV & Open Work Permit option even though I put 'No' for this since we technically have not received an approval for PR. Took me a while though to get to the option. You have to put your immigration status as 'Temporary Resident Holder' and that you intend to work temporarily for more than 6 months. This plus answering No to the above question and then No to the job offer takes you to the other questions and eventually the open work permit option. Let me know if that helps.

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JanP said:
I was able to get to the TRV & Open Work Permit option even though I put 'No' for this since we technically have not received an approval for PR. Took me a while though to get to the option. You have to put your immigration status as 'Temporary Resident Holder' and that you intend to work temporarily for more than 6 months. This plus answering No to the above question and then No to the job offer takes you to the other questions and eventually the open work permit option. Let me know if that helps.
Hey JanP
So I received my AOR yesterday and am applying for a BOWP now. I have some questions about how to apply for the same?
After going through the questionnaire, I got an Open Work Permit option - this is after I put No to all the questions such as are you a spouse or a common law partner of any?
I also selected No valid job offer.
However, in the form - for Q. 3, I selected applying for new / initial work permit. Is that right? Also I am getting a field to add employer details, how should I go ahead with the question, knowing my permit is ending in April? Thanks