+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

OMNI.MCA

Apr 28, 2015
Hi Friends,

I have submitted my PR application and paid the fee under express entry.
I got a letter confirming my application was submitted & i am eligible for BOWP.

Can you please let me know who to apply for the BOWP online.
It would be great if you can share the like where i can apply for BOWP.

Thanks

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
OMNI.MCA said:
Hi Friends,

I have submitted my PR application and paid the fee under express entry.
I got a letter confirming my application was submitted & i am eligible for BOWP.

Can you please let me know who to apply for the BOWP online.
It would be great if you can share the like where i can apply for BOWP.

Thanks
Please go through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
If your wp expires in 4 months then you could apply
Good luck

IrishOttawa

Dec 6, 2016
Applied for PR on the 9th of Jan 2017, and then my BOWP on the 11th.

Status change on my BOWP today to "On Hold"

Assuming it is tied up now as the R10 hasn't been done on the PR application. Got 2 weeks left on my IEC so fingers crossed it gets approved before that date....

OMNI.MCA

Apr 28, 2015
Thanks for the link, i completed "Check Your Eligibility" & logged in to my account using CG Key.
Should i need to select button "Visitor Visa, Study and/or Work permit"?
There is no option to upload or submit IMM5710 form.
Am i missing some thing.

Can you please guide me.

Best Regards

FeelGoodNic

Apr 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

Today is 29 days since I submitted my application for the bridging visa, so I was expecting an update soon. However today I received my PPR/Ready For Visa mail for my PR application which I understand means that my PR is close to being finalised!

What should I do about my BOWP application, which I'm guessing I won't be needing now?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
FeelGoodNic said:
Hi everyone,

Today is 29 days since I submitted my application for the bridging visa, so I was expecting an update soon. However today I received my PPR/Ready For Visa mail for my PR application which I understand means that my PR is close to being finalised!

What should I do about my BOWP application, which I'm guessing I won't be needing now?
Congrats man.you could withdrawal your BOWP application through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp and you will get refunded in 16 weeks.
Good luck

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
OMNI.MCA said:
Thanks for the link, i completed "Check Your Eligibility" & logged in to my account using CG Key.
Should i need to select button "Visitor Visa, Study and/or Work permit"?
There is no option to upload or submit IMM5710 form.
Am i missing some thing.

Can you please guide me.

Best Regards
yeah you should click in that link and answer all the questions correctly and at the bottom you could see open work permit but keep in mind there is no option BOWP,so click on the open permit and you could see what to upload and submit
Good luck

Dylan1591

Jan 20, 2016
Hey Guys,

I have applied for my PR on the Jan 08, 2017 and waiting for the results. I am applying for my bridging work permit as my worker visa expires on March 18 and having a bit of an issue. I am going to put it in bullet points to better understand.

>I am got laid of few months before i applied for my PR and currently on EI and it has been a strugel to find jobs cause of the months left on my work permit. Since EI is not a social support it wont effect my PR process is what i have heard and read. Please advice if i am wrong.
> My main issue is when i fill up the form for bridging the work permit, It's asking for details of prospective employer but at the same time i see its not a mandate. there is no (*) mentioned near it.

I am wondering if i submit my application blank without any prospective employer would that by any chance effect the approval of my bridging work permit? and should i be mentioning in the supporting letter that i am on EI and actively looking for work? Or should just work my asss off and find someone to hire me which is very hard but i believe that noting is impossible.

Hoping some one would have some experience on this can give an advice i am very upset and have very little time left.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
Dylan1591 said:
Hey Guys,

I have applied for my PR on the Jan 08, 2017 and waiting for the results. I am applying for my bridging work permit as my worker visa expires on March 18 and having a bit of an issue. I am going to put it in bullet points to better understand.

>I am got laid of few months before i applied for my PR and currently on EI and it has been a strugel to find jobs cause of the months left on my work permit. Since EI is not a social support it wont effect my PR process is what i have heard and read. Please advice if i am wrong.
> My main issue is when i fill up the form for bridging the work permit, It's asking for details of prospective employer but at the same time i see its not a mandate. there is no (*) mentioned near it.

I am wondering if i submit my application blank without any prospective employer would that by any chance effect the approval of my bridging work permit? and should i be mentioning in the supporting letter that i am on EI and actively looking for work? Or should just work my asss off and find someone to hire me which is very hard but i believe that noting is impossible.

Hoping some one would have some experience on this can give an advice i am very upset and have very little time left.
You can leave it blank or put N/A to all that fields. At least, that's what I did. Attached an LoE to explain that you are applying for an open work permit, so you don't have the info for prospective employer yet.

OMNI.MCA

Apr 28, 2015
Hi Friends,

I am submitting application for Bridge Open Work Permit.
What should i answer to question "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?"
How much is the fee for BOWP. Because some of them are saying 155 others are saying 255 (155 application fee as well as the new 100 open work permit holder fee)

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

FeelGoodNic

Apr 13, 2016
RabinJi said:
Congrats man.you could withdrawal your BOWP application through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp and you will get refunded in 16 weeks.
Good luck
As I thought they might, our bridging visas were approved even though we received our PPR and probably won't be needing them. Oh well!
I'm assuming there's no way to get a refund after approval?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
OMNI.MCA said:
Hi Friends,

I am submitting application for Bridge Open Work Permit.
What should i answer to question "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?"
How much is the fee for BOWP. Because some of them are saying 155 others are saying 255 (155 application fee as well as the new 100 open work permit holder fee)

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
If you have already submitted your eAPR then i guessed you do have AOR,so answer Yes and the fee is 255$.
Good luck

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Any update on BOWP? The last person that recorded an update and approved was 10th of January. Anybody yet? Any update? Any concern? Submitted mine on the 22nd January. Hopefully soon!

Mat.T

Jan 19, 2017
Hi,

I was just wondering if I'm approved for PNP will I be able to get Bridging Open Work Permit . Currently in PEI applying for PEI PNP.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

tewarimanish

Mar 15, 2016
RabinJi said:
If you have already submitted your eAPR then i guessed you do have AOR,so answer Yes and the fee is 255$.
Good luck
Could you please help with what eAPR and AOR stands for.
I need to apply for BOWP.