Apr 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
18th March 17
Guys just wanted to update.
My bowp got approved, I applied on 30 Dec 2016.
Didnt receive any email, but my cic account is updated for final decision as "This application has been approved" :)

leo13

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
Hello,
So my wife just received her approved BOWP, however the new permit came with the existing expiration date from our previous permit. As if no extension was granted, as if they just gave us the same permit with a different issue date. What is this???
Has anybody had the same problem??? What should we do??
We received a new document with the same information as our existing and about to expire work permit, with the exceptions of a new application number, new issue date and different case type.
Please help!

Thanks,

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
yash9022 said:
Guys just wanted to update.
My bowp got approved, I applied on 30 Dec 2016.
Didnt receive any email, but my cic account is updated for final decision as "This application has been approved" :)
For how many years you received??Is it through online?

marsh08

Nov 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am currently very tensed as I am not sure how to proceed with my BOWP application. Can you please guide/advise. Thanks a million in advance. Below is my status

Received PNP Nomination from Ontario as part of the Human Capital Stream - Dec 15, 2016
Invitation received for applying for PR - Dec 22, 2016
Submitted my PR Application on Jan 25, 2017 and got the AOR on the same day
Currently my Post Graduation Open Work permit expires on April 11, 2017

I have a full time job as a Software Developer since June 2014 here in Markham working for IBM. Since my Post Graduation Open Work permit is expiring soon I want to apply for BOWP but when I try to apply online there are few documents in the checklist which I am not sure were to get it from

1. Offer of Employment (required). I can provide the original offer letter
2. Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) I can provide the Nomination Letter I received
3. Letter of Support from Province or Territory ( Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.) I am not sure were do I get this from ? The only document I received was Nomination Certificate from Ontario which I mentioned above
4. Passport (required) I can provide this
5. Proof of medical exam (required) I can provide this
6. Digital photo (required) I can provide this
7. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.) ] I am not sure were do I get this from either ?

I am having issues gathering documents for Number 3 and Number 7 above. Can someone please help ?

Below is the questions I answered as part of the Find out if you are eligible to apply which produced the checklist

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
•I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry;
•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada;
•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada;
•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada;
•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
•Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
•Protected Persons in Canada
•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
•Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: •a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement•a military personnel assigned to Canada
•a participant in professional sports activities or events
•an employee of a foreign news company
•a religious worker
No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
Yes

Which situation best describes your work situation?
I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder

Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer?
No

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Do you want to submit an application for a family member ?
No

Are you giving someone access to your application?
No

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
leo13 said:
Hello,
So my wife just received her approved BOWP, however the new permit came with the existing expiration date from our previous permit. As if no extension was granted, as if they just gave us the same permit with a different issue date. What is this???
Has anybody had the same problem??? What should we do??
We received a new document with the same information as our existing and about to expire work permit, with the exceptions of a new application number, new issue date and different case type.
Please help!

Thanks,

Call CIC, it must be a mistake, they might fix it after you talk to an agent.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hello guys,
Please advice:
I am filling out the IMM 5710E (application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker) form to apply for the BOWP! My PGWP is expiring on May 26, 2017. I have the Aor from express entry in Jan. The very second question in the form is asking me to select an option from
1)Work permit with same employer
2)Restoration of your status
3)An initial work permit ot work permit with a new employer
4)Temporary resident permit

What should I select ?

Also, in the same application, it is asking me to select what type of work permit your are applying for with the following options?
1)Co-op WP
2)Exemption from LMIA
3)LMIA steam
4)Live-in care giver program
5)Open work permit
6)Other
7)PGWP
What should I select in this question?
Please help!

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
nagarjun rao said:
Hello guys,
Please advice:
I am filling out the IMM 5710E (application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker) form to apply for the BOWP! My PGWP is expiring on May 26, 2017. I have the Aor from express entry in Jan. The very second question in the form is asking me to select an option from
Select No.3
What should I select ?

Also, in the same application, it is asking me to select what type of work permit your are applying for with the following options?
1)Co-op WP
2)Exemption from LMIA
3)LMIA steam
5)Open work permit
6)Other
7)PGWP
Please help!
Select 5.

YubiK

Feb 2, 2017
Hi all,

I looked through but I couldn't find same/similar questions so I'm writing here. Sorry if I just missed them.

I'm not at the stage of applying for PR but planning to get one in the future. In my opinion, I would probably need to get BOWP at some point but wondered what if the work permission expires before getting BOWP approved? Would I still be able to work even though visa expires while PR and BOWP are in the process of assessment, or have to have approved BOWP before the previous work permission expires?

Thank you in advance,
YubiK

patricia.g

Dec 13, 2016
Hello, as long as you apply before your current work permit expires you're good. While you're waiting for the BOWP you will be under "implied status" and you can keep working even if your current work permit expires.

But to be eligible for BOWP you have to apply for PR first.

YubiK said:
Hi all,

I looked through but I couldn't find same/similar questions so I'm writing here. Sorry if I just missed them.

I'm not at the stage of applying for PR but planning to get one in the future. In my opinion, I would probably need to get BOWP at some point but wondered what if the work permission expires before getting BOWP approved? Would I still be able to work even though visa expires while PR and BOWP are in the process of assessment, or have to have approved BOWP before the previous work permission expires?

Thank you in advance,
YubiK

patricia.g

Dec 13, 2016
For your first question, you can select either 1 or 3, it doesn't matter.

For your second question you have to select Open Work Permit (option 5).

There's a thread in this forum called "Tips for a successful BOWP application", you should check it out (I can't post hyperlinks)

nagarjun rao said:
Hello guys,
Please advice:

What should I select ?

1)Co-op WP
2)Exemption from LMIA
3)LMIA steam
5)Open work permit
6)Other
7)PGWP
Please help!

yash9022

Apr 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
18th March 17
RabinJi said:
For how many years you received??Is it through online?
Received for 1 year and yes it is online.

dull1234

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Hello,

Just a quick question. Can I apply for BOWP when I am outside of Canada for a trip ? I will be back in a few days and my Work permit will expires on March 14, 2017 so I wanna get my application as soon as possible.

Thanks

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
dull1234 said:
Hello,

Just a quick question. Can I apply for BOWP when I am outside of Canada for a trip ? I will be back in a few days and my Work permit will expires on March 14, 2017 so I wanna get my application as soon as possible.

Thanks
you could apply bro,but give all your address to Canada because you are coming soon.
Good Luck

dull1234

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to answer the questionnaires to have the option to apply for BOWP.

I am answering that I plan to Work in Canada and plan to stay Temporarily - more than 6 months.

And i leave “Worker” for my immigration status (i hold an open work permit)

I answer "NO" to 'Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?' as I only just sent in my application and only got AoR. (should this be "Yes" instead???) If I answer "No" I dont have the Open Work Permit Option.

Sorry for the long questions. Appreciate the help