Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RabinJi said:
Hi have you submitted already you BOWP?I am also about to submit my application but i dont think so i could finished by today,have you included your past 10 years work experienced also?How many days is the current processing time right now?
Regards
Rabin
I don't think WP forms have enough space to include past 10 years work history. it has only 3-4 rows for Work experience and one row for education. so start from recent work.

Processing time I believe it's about 3-4 weeks but also depends on your PR application. Usually BOWP only gets approved after R10 check and medical passed on PR.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Batman_is_Real said:
I don't think WP forms have enough space to include past 10 years work history. it has only 3-4 rows for Work experience and one row for education. so start from recent work.

Processing time I believe it's about 3-4 weeks but also depends on your PR application. Usually BOWP only gets approved after R10 check and medical passed on PR.
Thanks for the promt response and you have applied by yourself or by representative.
I am stuck in some forms because i am applying for both BOWP and TRV.Could you guide if I send you pm

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RabinJi said:
Thanks for the promt response and you have applied by yourself or by representative.
I am stuck in some forms because i am applying for both BOWP and TRV.Could you guide if I send you pm
sure as long as you pay me representative fees. :p

Nah just kidding bro, feel free to PM It may take sometime to reply though . I applied myself. It's very simple and straight forward.

For TRV there will be another form that you can submit along with BOWP application no additional fee for that.

popolipo

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Nelson BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
?
NOC Code......
6332 (partner principal applicant)
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017, IMM5562E
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
3-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2016, upfront
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
popolipo said:
I tried to find the answer to my question on the forum but couldn't so i'm asking the question here. Went through cic website and the informations are not as straight forward as i would like so would like some opinion on this.

We are in the country since march 2015, stayed a year on a tourist visa, found a sponsor for my partner and his employer applied for a LMIA back then which was accepted. we left at the end of our visa and went to Europe for a month, came back end of april 2016 and applied at the airport for a work permit (because of the LMIA). my partner get a work permit to work for his employer and i did get an open work permit. Both permits were for only a year (guy at the customs didn't want to give 2 years as we already spent a year as tourists and despite my explanations about permanent residency application decided that 1 year would be enough to get it done, whatever).

Anyway, we applied once for PR in july, been cancelled in august, reapplied in december 14th. As our work permits expire in April and nothing has changed yet in our application so far i'm not sure we will get the answer before the end of the permits.
the AOR says we can apply for a BOWP but it doesn't mention if it's only for the primary applicant or if the common law can do it as well. lots of informations on cic not that clear about that, when you are already in the country on work permits.

i'm pregnant and due anytime now so my EI maternity leave will stop end of april if i can't extend my work permit which freaks me out a bit as we lived in Whistler and life is ridiculously expensive !

Any thoughts anyone ?

Thanks a lot for your help

mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
how close your WP expiry is ??

Usually they deny entry if it's less then two weeks.

I traveled and returned when I had only a month left on my study permit. Again it was Study permit and not WP but don't think makes much difference.
Thanks Batman_is_Real for your reply!
My WP is expiring on 20th and visa as well. My sister is getting married on 6th Feb. so I wanted to travel and be back in two weeks. But if come back on 12/13th feb., I would be cutting it too close I think.

mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbjoshi said:
I travelled and entered canada on last day of my trv. There was no problem at all. they just asked the proof that i applied for extension. If you are lucky you might get your extension approved on arrival
Was your WP expiring on that day as well? I think TRV wouldn't be that big of a deal as along as you have a valid status in Canada.

Thanks

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mira.r said:
Thanks Batman_is_Real for your reply!
My WP is expiring on 20th and visa as well. My sister is getting married on 6th Feb. so I wanted to travel and be back in two weeks. But if come back on 12/13th feb., I would be cutting it too close I think.
have you applied for bowp extension ??

mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
have you applied for bowp extension ??
Yes, I have. I checked the processing time and it shows that they are still processing applications received on December 08, 2016. I submitted mine on January 03.

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
mira.r said:
Thank you Zimprincess.
Yes, my TRV is valid as well but I have heard that they can deny you entry on the grounds that your WP expiry is close. Any idea if someone has travelled that close to expiry and successfully made it back?
Please advice.

Hi,we spent a week in Mexico and our WP will be expired with 15 days when back to Canada. there is no any problem. FYI.

mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinaw2009 said:
Hi,we spent a week in Mexico and our WP will be expired with 15 days when back to Canada. there is no any problem. FYI.
Thank you @Tinaw2009 for letting me know.

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi,I would share what we are encountering for BOWP application. It may be a reference to you, or you may suggest us what we could do. Thanks for your attention anyway.

We submitted our BOWP application on 19th Dec., I found we forget to attach AOR right after I clicked the submit button, so bad. I checked from this forum and understood I can use IRCC web form to submit AOR as amended file for our BOWP. I did right away and received a confirmation of document receiver a week later. So we were in waiting status until today.... We got an application refusal and the message is as below:
"[X] As a foreign national in Canada you are not eligible to apply for a document of this type until you receive confirmation that your application for permanent residence will be processed from within Canada."
It means that the officer didn't find AOR document! So sad and worry we are.

I then immediately called the IRCC number, it took quite long time for me to reach an agent, Billy, He is so kind and patient, Thanks. I explained the situation and he checked the file, according to him, he does see the AOR attached to our BOWP application, probably it is not landed in option document. He said he explained the situation to WP process department, suggest them reopen the case. what we could do is to wait as he indicated, or resubmit the case through web or paper with explanation. Anyway, we decide to wait another 3 days to see what may happen. I really wish there are some feedbacks from office quickly. Otherwise we have to resubmit a new application.

Our learning is please be really careful to make sure all documents are attached. It probably a good way to double assure the things is to call call center though it always requires a long waiting time. But anyway, we feel there is lack of empathy in system or officer, who could request this document before refuse the application :(

As our WP expiry is 2nd Feb. there is no much time, sending another application earlier of next month is our final solution to extend our legal status in order to continue working here. Wish us good luck and same to you.

What you can suggest to us and it will be very appreciated!

OY

Jan 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

My post graduate work permit expired September 2016 and I had to quit my job, applied for visitor status while I waited for my ITA and was given until February 2017. Finally received my ITA last week and I will be applying for my permanent residence before the end of January 2017. Can you apply for BOWP with a letter of explanation after your PGWP has expired and if no, what other work permit can I apply for?

yash9022

Apr 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
18th March 17
Guys today its showing 34 days for online bowp application to be processed.
They are working on 9th Dec applications. :( :eek:

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Guys after we submitted our BOWP application,do we receive any confirmation,today i submitted but i didn't get any confirmation,
Regards
Rabin

mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Is there any way I could CIC about urgent processing of my BOWP? I am concerned about my trip next to next week as it's close to my WP and visa expiry. I doubt they will hear me out but I still would like to try.

Thanks