Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandyin said:
Hi everyone. Can someone please help me with my situation?
My situation: I am on visitor record right now in Canada. I was on work permit until July 2016.
I have applied for my pr last month. Is there any way to get back on work permit while waiting for PR?
Thank you
You must apply for an Open work permit, you are eligible for that during your processing. It is written in your PR's acknowledgement letter too.

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
SNS76 said:
Ok, Login to your MYCIC page. Go to What would you like to do today?, click to work, visitor.... tab, then put your ref code and just follow the next steps. If you already have a file in your account than you will find as Continue my profile/application, not yet submitted section. Just click on continue application tab.
I don't have a ref code

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pitlord said:
I don't have a ref code
Ok. Than you just click the work, visitor tab and they will asked few questions. Answer all and you are good for your apply.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Alexios07 said:
I am trying to apply for the BOWP online, but keep getting rejected, as they ask for an LMIA.

How should I answer the questionnaire? I choose yes on "Do you have a written job offer?"
Hello Alexios i am also applying my BOWP now but i never see that type of question,May be you went in wrong links,i am applying from my cic account........what about you?

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
SNS76 said:
Ok. Than you just click the work, visitor tab and they will asked few questions. Answer all and you are good for your apply.
I tried. It won't let me proceed after I answered those few questions. Apparently they have issues with software.

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there

I have searched this forum high and low and without luck to the answer to this question. If anyone knows would be much appreciated.

If I am applying for an open work permit how do I answer question 3 on the IMM5710 form? I am inclined to think that I just leave all the boxes unticked but I want to make sure.

The options are:

* An extension of a work permit with the same employer
* A work permit with a new employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker
* An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

I notice that there is another question later on in the application "What type of work permit are you applying for?" which has the "open work permit" option.

Do I leave all of the boxes unticked in question 3 or is there a box I should tick? I am applying for a BOWP based on permanent residency AOR and currently have a valid work permit which expires in Feb.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Batman_is_Real said:
Hi there

I have searched this forum high and low and without luck to the answer to this question. If anyone knows would be much appreciated.

If I am applying for an open work permit how do I answer question 3 on the IMM5710 form? I am inclined to think that I just leave all the boxes unticked but I want to make sure.

The options are:

* An extension of a work permit with the same employer
* A work permit with a new employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker
* An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

I notice that there is another question later on in the application "What type of work permit are you applying for?" which has the "open work permit" option.

Do I leave all of the boxes unticked in question 3 or is there a box I should tick? I am applying for a BOWP based on permanent residency AOR and currently have a valid work permit which expires in Feb.

Any help with this is much appreciated.
You need to select "A work permit with a new employer".

I know, it doesn't make much sense, but this is the most appropriate option, comparing to others.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Specterz said:
You need to select "A work permit with a new employer".

I know, it doesn't make much sense, but this is the most appropriate option, comparing to others.
Thanks Mate. I had the same idea just wanted to confirm. Cheers.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Batman_is_Real said:
Thanks Mate. I had the same idea just wanted to confirm. Cheers.
When is permit expiring? I applied BOWP last week.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Specterz said:
When is permit expiring? I applied BOWP last week.
28th Feb.

I want to apply but waiting for Initial Review of PR application to be done. R10 check or whatever it's called after that BOWP is almost certain to be approved and won't take much time as well.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Batman_is_Real said:
28th Feb.

I want to apply but waiting for Initial Review of PR application to be done. R10 check or whatever it's called after that BOWP is almost certain to be approved and won't take much time as well.
Got it. Yeah, you can wait.

mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
28th Feb.

I got my AOR on 29th Dec. and applied for my BOWP on January 03, 2017. I think you can apply for it because there's no way of knowing unless you order GCMS notes, if your R10 is done or not. I applied because my WP is expiring on Feb. 21, 2017.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mira.r said:
I got my AOR on 29th Dec. and applied for my BOWP on January 03, 2017. I think you can apply for it because there's no way of knowing unless you order GCMS notes, if your R10 is done or not. I applied because my WP is expiring on Feb. 21, 2017.
I know but I would want to wait just a little, probably around next week or so and then I will apply.

It's just because when I did upfront medical, I was asked to provide CT Scan report which I have done but waiting for report. Once I get CT Scan report and submit to Panel Physician then I think I will apply for BOWP.

Millty

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm planning to send my BOWP next week. I was wondering where to upload the AOR, cause there is no specific spot in the document check list.
Can i upload the AOR in the letter of explanation spot?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received a ghost email today, but didn't see any changes in the application. Does it mean they are working on my app?