Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrewhl said:
it's visitor record, not visitor visa, two different things,
and Nope
it won't.
I did the same.
I applied online for BOWP right after getting my AOR
then applied visitor record online 15 days later, which is the last day of my old work permit
I got my bowp in a month and I applied withdraw of VR application online, now I got my VR withdrawal.
Thanks @andrewhl for your reply!

I think I will wait this week and apply for visitor record next week. I would like to visit India as my sister is getting married next month. Hopefully I hear something back on my WP soon.

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Can someone please help me with my situation?
My situation: I am on visitor record right now in Canada. I was on work permit until July 2016.
I have applied for my pr last month. Is there any way to get back on work permit while waiting for PR?
Thank you

Jan 5, 2017
Can I apply for BOWP under implied status? considering I don't have a valid work permit. Although I did apply for extension of work permit which will declined most likely.

Jan 5, 2017
polojesef said:
Opening new thread. Everyone who will be applying for BOWP after receiving AOR under express entry lets connect here and discuss timelines.
I received my ITA, submitting the documents tomorrow and my lawyers said as soon as we receive AOR, we are applying for BOWP.

If someone has already done the process in the last few weeks, feel free to jump in with some feedback.
Can I apply for BOWP under implied status if I get an invitation soon? Before I get rejected for extension of my work permit.

IrishOttawa

Dec 6, 2016
Under the IEC currently,have applied for PR and received the eAPR, now doing the BOWP application, so when asked "What is your current immigration status in Canada?" am I a worker, or am I a temporary resident permit holder?

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Hi,

One of my friend currently holding dependent - Open Workpermit, and she recently received ITA and she is the primary applicant for express entry application.

However her spouse (Primary holder of Closed WP) needs to move back to home country due to project related matter.

Once her husband moved out of country, her open WP becomes invalid.

But once she submit her EE application and receives AOR, can she files for BOWP ?

Hope she will be on Implied status until she receives response on BOWP application.

In the mean time, can she continue her work status until she receives confirmation on BOWP ? Is it legal to work on implied status ?

Experts....please advice.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
IrishOttawa said:
Under the IEC currently,have applied for PR and received the eAPR, now doing the BOWP application, so when asked "What is your current immigration status in Canada?" am I a worker, or am I a temporary resident permit holder?
I put "worker" on mine.

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OptimisticHope said:
Hi,

One of my friend currently holding dependent - Open Workpermit, and she recently received ITA and she is the primary applicant for express entry application.

However her spouse (Primary holder of Closed WP) needs to move back to home country due to project related matter.

NO, she can work with her work permit until the permit's valid date, her present status is now worker not visitor

But once she submit her EE application and receives AOR, can she files for BOWP ?

Yes she can and also her husband can get the Open work permit too

Hope she will be on Implied status until she receives response on BOWP application.

In the mean time, can she continue her work status until she receives confirmation on BOWP ? Is it legal to work on implied status ?

There is no implied status for her. My suggestion, apply BOWP just after the EE application. And get the open work permit for both, take a multiple entry permit for her husband and after that he moves to his job.

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Hi guys,
Every time I want to apply for BOWP there is this stupid reference code question popping up. When I do the questionnaire program tells me that I have active application already.

Can someone help me, please? How do you apply for BOWP? From which web address I should navigate?

Thanks

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pitlord said:
Hi guys,
Every time I want to apply for BOWP there is this stupid reference code question popping up. When I do the questionnaire program tells me that I have active application already.

Can someone help me, please? How do you apply for BOWP? From which web address I should navigate?

Thanks
Did you do the questionnaire after MYCIC login? If so, you have active file now. Or, you need to take the ref code from the questionnaire's summary page

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
I did questionnaire and then I took the ref code. I really dont get it. How can I do the questionnaire after I log in to my CIC account. This is really complicated program to operate.

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
SNS76 said:
Hi,

NO, she can work with her work permit until the permit's valid date, her present status is now worker not visitor

Yes she can and also her husband can get the Open work permit too

There is no implied status for her. My suggestion, apply BOWP just after the EE application. And get the open work permit for both, take a multiple entry permit for her husband and after that he moves to his job.

Many thanks for your prompt response.....Much Appreciated !!!

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Can someone please help me with my situation?
My situation: I am on visitor record right now in Canada. I was on work permit until July 2016.
I have applied for my pr last month. Is there any way to get back on work permit while waiting for PR?
Thank you

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pitlord said:
I did questionnaire and then I took the ref code. I really dont get it. How can I do the questionnaire after I log in to my CIC account. This is really complicated program to operate.
Ok, Login to your MYCIC page. Go to What would you like to do today?, click to work, visitor.... tab, then put your ref code and just follow the next steps. If you already have a file in your account than you will find as Continue my profile/application, not yet submitted section. Just click on continue application tab.