+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
ns2014 said:
I have a PR application under review since May. I received a notification today that they require a additional document. I have only 7 days to submit this document otherwise as stated in the letter '...application could be refused as incomplete'. Unfortunately I don't have this document with me and it needs to be issued from an other country. Taking into account the Christmas and new year holidays plus the processing time to get this document from abroad I am quite sure that I can't get this within 7 days. Can I request for an extension for submitting that document via a cover letter explaining the current circumstances? What are chances of getting approval for such extension?

Secondly I have a BOWP application under process, my current work permit is due to expire in less than a month. Will the additional document requirement for PR have a affect on BOWP outcome. I mean while PR is waiting for the additional document will that mean that my BOWP application can be refused due to that?

Really stressed out. If there is anyone who can provide some guidance / information on these issues, it will be highly appreciated.
Hi, I don't have much experience, but I think IRCC Web form could be a channel to try.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Good Luck, Tina

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ns2014 said:
I have a PR application under review since May. I received a notification today that they require a additional document. I have only 7 days to submit this document otherwise as stated in the letter '...application could be refused as incomplete'. Unfortunately I don't have this document with me and it needs to be issued from an other country. Taking into account the Christmas and new year holidays plus the processing time to get this document from abroad I am quite sure that I can't get this within 7 days. Can I request for an extension for submitting that document via a cover letter explaining the current circumstances? What are chances of getting approval for such extension?

Secondly I have a BOWP application under process, my current work permit is due to expire in less than a month. Will the additional document requirement for PR have a affect on BOWP outcome. I mean while PR is waiting for the additional document will that mean that my BOWP application can be refused due to that?

Really stressed out. If there is anyone who can provide some guidance / information on these issues, it will be highly appreciated.
Write a letter of explanation telling the same thing you just wrote here in the forum, you should get an extension.
I was also asked for additional documents when I applied for my BOWP, I got it approved 2 days after submitting additional document for PR application.
Don't worry about your BOWP outcome, it will not be rejected, it is only on hold until you send the additional document.

Aug 26, 2016
tinaw2009 said:
Hi,

If anybody knows what will happen my case ? I submitted the BOWP application online yesterday, unfortunately I forgot to upload the AOR. what will happen ? will officer contact me for additional document ? or they will reject my application ?

I have sent an email to help desk to explain my situation, there is no number I can call so i am quite worried what will happen to our application.

HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!

I seems to be the only one this has happened to, I submitted my PR application Dec 10 and till date i have not received my AOR. All i got was receipt of payment.

Please advise me friends , my WP expires in April and i need to apply for BOWP but i guess i can't without AOR.

Please i need advise from you all. Thanks

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
987654321 said:
HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!

I seems to be the only one this has happened to, I submitted my PR application Dec 10 and till date i have not received my AOR. All i got was receipt of payment.

Please advise me friends , my WP expires in April and i need to apply for BOWP but i guess i can't without AOR.

Please i need advise from you all. Thanks
Hi, Don't be worried so much, you should have enough time to apply your BOWP. While it is very strange that you haven't got AOR as it should be sent automatically. Because we got AOR message within 3 hours after we submitted our PR document during the evening, and before it there is another message called "confirmation of online application transmission". Did you check the message in the system? anything you got ?
Hope others could share their experience. it looks a technical issue.

Aug 26, 2016
tinaw2009 said:
Hi, Don't be worried so much, you should have enough time to apply your BOWP. While it is very strange that you haven't got AOR as it should be sent automatically. Because we got AOR message within 3 hours after we submitted our PR document during the evening, and before it there is another message called "confirmation of online application transmission". Did you check the message in the system? anything you got ?
Hope others could share their experience. it looks a technical issue.

Thanks Tina,

I got the confirmation of online application transmission" immediately i submitted and paid and that was it. No other letter. And i applied on a Saturday evening around 5pm. I check my CIC account daily but nothing. it's really freaking me out.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
yuppieeee got my bowp in 23 days fingers crosses for next big thing :D

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
987654321 said:
Did you use just your AOR to apply?
yes....also a letter of explanation since why previous pgwp got expired in october and i had 90 days to restore it.

Aug 26, 2016
ramu_rokey said:
yes....also a letter of explanation since why previous pgwp got expired in october and i had 90 days to restore it.
Congrats.. I applied for my PR Dec 10th 2016 and i don't have my AOR till date. I hope this will be resolved quick before my PGWP expires in April

yash9022

Apr 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
18th March 17
Hello Members, I wanted to know the fees for Bowp ??

yash9022

Apr 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
18th March 17
candavisa said:
Thanks. :)
One more question, for applying bowp, do we need to upload AOR (of permanent residency) or else just provincial nomination (oinp) should be fine É :-\

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
yash9022 said:
Thanks. :)
One more question, for applying bowp, do we need to upload AOR (of permanent residency) or else just provincial nomination (oinp) should be fine É :-\
You need to upload your automatic AOR letter what you get after you submit your PR application