Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
october 18,2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
DreamCanada16 said:
When did u applied? It generally takes 15-30 days .
HI My Work permit will expires on January 2017, I applied under EE AOR April 23. What month should I apply for BOWP? if in case my Application on PR under EE is not yet done? thank you..

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
cuteness7 said:
HI My Work permit will expires on January 2017, I applied under EE AOR April 23. What month should I apply for BOWP? if in case my Application on PR under EE is not yet done? thank you..
You can apply only if you have 4 or less months on your work permit, you still have time so wait and see till September/October

cuteness7

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
05-05-2016 Celpip and 06-02-2016 Police Clearance
Med's Done....
04-25-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
october 18,2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
twztedelegance said:
You can apply only if you have 4 or less months on your work permit, you still have time so wait and see till September/October
Thank you for the infos Ill update you guys Praying for Sept or Oct for PPR

Kkrup13

Jan 8, 2015
kora said:
They slowed down the work permit processing time.
Last time I applied on 01 Jun and got rejection 16 jun
Again I applied on 16 jun and waiting for decision. My work permit is expiring tomorrow.
Hi Kora,
Do you have any update on ur BOWP?

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Kkrup13 said:
Hi Kora,
Do you have any update on ur BOWP?
Any Update Kora?

kora

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
its approved.

what is the meaning of " This letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in Canada "

davey

Jun 27, 2016
What do i do to extend my Work permit? apply for an open work permit as the BOWP questionnaire is asking for a LMIA although my work permit is open and was issued before LMIA were introduced.
Any suggestions?

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Cec inland AOR april 22. Wih LMIA. WP will expire on Oct 7. No updates with our PPR. We need your help here. We need to apply for BOWP by august so will not have problem before the WP expires. Can I please ask a favor if you could share some knowledge how to apply for BOWP.

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
kora said:
its approved.

what is the meaning of " This letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in Canada "
I guess you received this letter in you account but you will get your work permit document in your mail. It is a standard message that you can't use that letter to work and remain in Canada. that is just a confirmation letter stating that your work permit application has been approved..

Personal Opinion if the situation is the same what I am thinking off..

Thanks,

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
davey said:
What do i do to extend my Work permit? apply for an open work permit as the BOWP questionnaire is asking for a LMIA although my work permit is open and was issued before LMIA were introduced.
Any suggestions?
Hello Davey

You just need the AOR applying for the BOWP.
apart from that there are certain eligibility criteria for BOWP.

Did you get LMIA after receiving your Work Permit(which is due to expire)?

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
gurpreet.gumber said:
I guess you received this letter in you account but you will get your work permit document in your mail. It is a standard message that you can't use that letter to work and remain in Canada. that is just a confirmation letter stating that your work permit application has been approved..

Personal Opinion if the situation is the same what I am thinking off..

Thanks,
Agreed. Just wondering if we can still get PDF copy of it which CIC told during Canada Strike http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-07-06.asp

My BOWP got approved today. Finally after such a long time something got approved without delay

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
just wondering if we apply BOWP we get open work permit or open work permit with current employer on it. I hope those got BWOP till date can confirm that

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Aln_mj said:
Hi. Cec inland AOR april 22. Wih LMIA. WP will expire on Oct 7. No updates with our PPR. We need your help here. We need to apply for BOWP by august so will not have problem before the WP expires. Can I please ask a favor if you could share some knowledge how to apply for BOWP.
visit this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

u ll get it all

all d best

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
DreamCanada16 said:
just wondering if we apply BOWP we get open work permit or open work permit with current employer on it. I hope those got BWOP till date can confirm that
That is a good question, buddy..

But as per my knowledge if it is an open then it doesn't matter with a current or new employer. Having said that I remember my case where i did select same employer but along with open work permit.. It was also mentioned in the instruction guide that if it is Open Permit then you don't need to specify Employer's Details in the form. So i did the same.. left the employer section empty.

By the way, congratulations on approval and could you please share the timeline for your BOWP as I applied on July 11? and did you apply online or by paper?

Thanks,

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
gurpreet.gumber said:
That is a good question, buddy..

But as per my knowledge if it is an open then it doesn't matter with a current or new employer. Having said that I remember my case where i did select same employer but along with open work permit.. It was also mentioned in the instruction guide that if it is Open Permit then you don't need to specify Employer's Details in the form. So i did the same.. left the employer section empty.

By the way, congratulations on approval and could you please share the timeline for your BOWP as I applied on July 11? and did you apply online or by paper?

Thanks,
Thanks I applied on 21st June and got approved on 20th July. well i m worried may be my agent (since he is doing my PR application) has filled in open work permit section province and city. If he has mentioned this does that mean i ll get province specific Open Work permit or BWOP is standard one which is open for FSW

I should have done it myself :'( :'( :'( :'(