+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit (BOWP) got refused, can I appeal?

buki

Dec 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

I need some directions/advices.

I submitted the Bridging open work permit (BOWP) on Sep. 27, 2018 online after submitted Permanent Resident (PR) on Sep. 22, 2018. I have attached Acknowledgment of Receipt letter and Provincial Nominee Program nomination letter under additional document section.

However, on Dec. 5, the status said my BOWP application is refused and the reason is “you have not provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with your application”.

I have contacted the general inquiry for direction but they said they don’t have phone service for BOWP application, instead, they sent me a link which directs me to the help center…

Could anyone provide me some directions if I want to appeal? Who should I contact?

Thank you in advance!

King.bill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

I need some directions/advices.

I submitted the Bridging open work permit (BOWP) on Sep. 27, 2018 online after submitted Permanent Resident (PR) on Sep. 22, 2018. I have attached Acknowledgment of Receipt letter and Provincial Nominee Program nomination letter under additional document section.

However, on Dec. 5, the status said my BOWP application is refused and the reason is “you have not provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with your application”.

I have contacted the general inquiry for direction but they said they don’t have phone service for BOWP application, instead, they sent me a link which directs me to the help center…

Could anyone provide me some directions if I want to appeal? Who should I contact?

Thank you in advance!
Did you miss on providing PNP proof? Submit a webform here and see what they have to say:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

buki

Dec 6, 2018
What was your previous work permit? Things like PGWP do not qualify for any form of extension.
yes..previous was PGWP. So if my current PGWP is going to expired on Jan 11, 2019. How can I extend my stay?

FYI. My status for PR application is under background check. I have passed the medical exam.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can't extend. You will have to change to visitor status before your PGWP expires and stop working unless you have received PR and landed by then.

buki

Dec 6, 2018
You can't extend. You will have to change to visitor status before your PGWP expires and stop working unless you have received PR and landed by then.
The work permit that I applied is Bridging open work permit (BOWP). According to the website, it says, "This type of work permit lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application." So technically, I didn't extend PGWP. No?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Reactions: samirsam

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Should add that that there is also the possibility for your employer to get an LMIA and you can apply for a closed work permit. That will take months though.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yes..previous was PGWP. So if my current PGWP is going to expired on Jan 11, 2019. How can I extend my stay?

FYI. My status for PR application is under background check. I have passed the medical exam.

Thanks.
If you are certain that you included the PNP docs, send an urgent Webform explaining the situation.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Seems like CIC made a mistake. I'm afraid there is no appeal process. Try seeking your MP's help with this.

rishi2018

Dec 26, 2018
I have the exact same situation as Buki. They asked me to get a job offer from the employer and get them to do the compliance i am still waiting to hear back from my employer so stressed out about the situation as to what to do