+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

nav1993

Nov 15, 2019
was it open or restricted to your current employer ? Is it 6 month or 1 year ?
BOWP is always open and its for 8 months as my passport was expiring in September 2021 so i guess I could have got a year or more if it wasn’t due to my passport expiry

Reactions: engimam

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have AOR but do we need to get employed to apply for BOWP? Also, we'd like to apply for my husband to get Spouse open work permit (SOPW). To be able to receive it, Is he needs my 3 paystubs from a NOC B job? If I am unemployed, is he able to get SOPW?

Thank you so much for your help

beeb1360

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney | Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
29-07-2021
Med's Request
11-08-2021
I am on an OWP expiring in August 2021 and working now in Canada. I applied for PR application through Paper-based PNP stream in Nov 2020 but unluckily have not yet received any AOR due to processing delays caused by pandemic situation.

IRCC website points out that "the applicant must be approved in principle for permanent residence" and apparently only AOR can support that an application is approved in principle which I don't think I would receive in 2 months time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Can I apply for BOWP now to extend my status while my PR application is being processed? What other options I'd have to extend my status?

Thanks.

Reactions: C_vitamin

Fany234

Jan 27, 2022
AOR : Aug 15th 2020
BOWP Applied : Aug 21
Biometrics submitted.
I haven’t received my BOWP yet. Does anybody know the timeframe to receive the BOWP? Also, is there anybody who applied BOWP in August 2020 got their application approved? Your reply is much appreciated. Thank you!
Hello,
May I ask you a question?
I have to apply for a BOWP and I don't know where to apply, if I have to make a new account or I can use the same account that is being used for the PR application?

Please, any advice will be welcome.
Thanks in advance.

ljoseph

Jan 4, 2021
My work permit(PGWP) will expire by the end of this month. I have created a profile for express entry and I am under the STEM category. I hope they will conduct a draw shortly.
I am planning to maintain my status as a visitor. My question is if I get the ITA and receive the AOR while I am in the visitor record will I be eligible to apply for BOWP?