+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

EVanCEC

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi all,
I applied for bridging open work permit last week after applying for my PR. However, I did not upload letter of explanation (LOE). I did upload acknowledgment of PR and all other documents but forgot to upload LOE. Is that a problem? Should I be scared ?
When did you applied?

EVanCEC

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Actually for BOWP , not really required the LOE.If something specific you need mention you can still raise the web form

ReenaMistry

Aug 1, 2019
Actually for BOWP , not really required the LOE.If something specific you need mention you can still raise the web form
But there was no option for bridging open work permit in the form. I had to choose “open work permit with a new employer” option. Isn’t that a problem? Do you think I should raise a web form?

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Our got refused

I have assessed your request under the Temporary Public Policy to Exempt Foreign Nationals in Canada from Certain Requirements when Changing Employment During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Your request for consideration has been refused as you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the public policy, in that  you do not have current temporary resident status in Canada, nor are you authorized to remain in Canada until a decision is made on your application (implied status)  you are not applying for an employer-specific work permit  you do not intend to change employers and/or occupations as identified by the job offer included in your work permit application  you are not eligible to apply from within Canada under paragraph 199(a) or 199(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations  you have not requested that the public policy exemptions be applicable until a decision is made on your work permit application or it is withdrawn When should I contact CIC? You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;  Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);  Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;  Decision to withdraw your application. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at

kaspy69

Oct 6, 2020
Our got refused

I have assessed your request under the Temporary Public Policy to Exempt Foreign Nationals in Canada from Certain Requirements when Changing Employment During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Your request for consideration has been refused as you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the public policy, in that  you do not have current temporary resident status in Canada, nor are you authorized to remain in Canada until a decision is made on your application (implied status)  you are not applying for an employer-specific work permit  you do not intend to change employers and/or occupations as identified by the job offer included in your work permit application  you are not eligible to apply from within Canada under paragraph 199(a) or 199(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations  you have not requested that the public policy exemptions be applicable until a decision is made on your work permit application or it is withdrawn When should I contact CIC? You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;  Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);  Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;  Decision to withdraw your application. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at
That is unfortunate. BOWP when applied from 4 months to 1 day before expiry of WP grants an automatic extension by default on online application. Thought the BOWP application gives you implied status extension while the EE application is in progress. It says clearly on website that PR application during covid pandemic is not rejected. Check with Legalfalcon, how to appeal it! I am sure there are ways, and forum has stories who got their applications appealed and obtained EE, although it takes time.

Reactions: swapanathorat

kaspy69

Oct 6, 2020
But there was no option for bridging open work permit in the form. I had to choose “open work permit with a new employer” option. Isn’t that a problem? Do you think I should raise a web form?
Apply for Closed Work Permit and in the employer leave it BLANK. Attach AOR document there without fail!

manugen

Jan 17, 2021
My PR application is in-progress (AOR Sep 1st), meanwhile I have applied/submitted my BOWP on Jan 12th 2021. So far I have received only "Confirmation on Online Transmission", but yet to receive the Confirmation Submission and WP-EXT letter. Would there be any issue or its a technical glitch from the CIC side

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi got BOWP approved today ( dec 3)
AOR: 15th aug
BOWP : 21st aug

I know it is a silly question since it has "open" in its name, but I heard that some people got their BOWP limited to their current employer ... is this true in your case ?

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
AOR 7 November 2020
BOWP applied 12 November 2020
BOWP approved 18 January 2021

There's hope things are picking up guys. It only took 67 days for mine to get approved.

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
AOR 7 November 2020
BOWP applied 12 November 2020
BOWP approved 18 January 2021

There's hope things are picking up guys. It only took 67 days for mine to get approved.
So was it open or restricted to your current employer ? Is it 6 month or 1 year ?

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
So was it open or restricted to your current employer ? Is it 6 month or 1 year ?
It's valid until the expiry of my passport (more than 6 months, but less than a year). I have not received the physical permit yet, but I assume it to be an open work permit, as its name suggests. Hopefully, I'll have my PR before my passport expires so as not to have a need to apply for another BOWP.

Reactions: Amar977 and engimam