+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP without AOR

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Hi,

My current LMO - closed work permit expires by 28 Dec 2014.
I have applied for CEC - PR on 29th September and haven't got AOR yet.
Can someone tell if it is possible to get BOWP without AOR or is there anyone who got BOWP without AOR or without system status being positive at the time of BOWP processing?
I can't wait till AOR comes, to apply for BOWP.

Thanks & REgards

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
jvsitd said:
Hi,

My current LMO - closed work permit expires by 28 Dec 2014.
I have applied for CEC - PR on 29th September and haven't got AOR yet.
Can someone tell if it is possible to get BOWP without AOR or is there anyone who got BOWP without AOR or without system status being positive at the time of BOWP processing?
I can't wait till AOR comes, to apply for BOWP.

Thanks & REgards

Wait until the end of November , if you still didn't get AOR then apply BOWP with paper based application instead of online applicaton..
But I believe you should get your AOR by December 1st week... you have lot of time.. don't worry..

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks kkrr for the quick reply.

Actually, my current employer may not agree to allow me to continue working on a Open work permit.
So i will have to find a new job before 28th dec 2014.
If i wait to get AOR in Dec 1 st week and then apply for BOWP then i will get it by almost end of december.
I am living with my family and will not be able to survive here without salary.

So i wanted to check if there is any chances of getting BOWP now itself, so that i can get some time to give notice to my current employer and find a new job.

Thanks & Regards

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
In that case you have to wait until AOR generation..
Then immediately apply online... there is no other way without AOR..

jvsitd said:

Actually, my current employer may not agree to allow me to continue working on a Open work permit.
If i wait to get AOR in Dec 1 st week and then apply for BOWP then i will get it by almost end of december.

So i wanted to check if there is any chances of getting BOWP now itself, so that i can get some time to give notice to my current employer and find a new job.

Thanks & Regards

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
You can start applying now and let them know you will start Jan 2015.
Some potential employers ask what your status is and you can tell them you are eligible and expect to have an open WP by Jan 2015.

jvsitd said:

Thanks & Regards

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks for the quick replies.
One more thing, when you save wait for AOR and then apply BOWP, does it mean i have to actually wait for AOR letter or if my credit card is charged that means the decision is made in the system.

Because i am seeing that gap between credit card charged and AOR receipt itself is around 15 days.
So based on the credit card payment, can i apply BOWP or i have to wait for actual AOR letter?

Thanks & Regards

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
It's better to wait for your AOR e-mail .. Usually if your credit card chard, then you can expect AOR mail within days..

jvsitd said:
Thanks for the quick replies.
One more thing, when you save wait for AOR and then apply BOWP, does it mean i have to actually wait for AOR letter or if my credit card is charged that means the decision is made in the system.

Because i am seeing that gap between credit card charged and AOR receipt itself is around 15 days.
So based on the credit card payment, can i apply BOWP or i have to wait for actual AOR letter?

Thanks & Regards

Yagerr

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 20 2014
AOR Received.
April 9 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 4th 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 9th 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 10th 2014
the only way to apply BOWP without AOR by sending paper mail will take you longer to get it, likely in Jan.2015

So just sit tight and wait for your AOR email not mail, you shall get it very soon, once you have it, apply your
work permit online instead of paper mail. you will get it in a month

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
jvsitd said:

Thanks & Regards
Hi

Your employer can not object to a BOWP in fact it saves them the hassle of having your current work permit extended.

Do you know your employer will object or are you making an assumption? They must be aware of your permit expiring and as such they know without some form of permit you can no longer work for them. If they intend to keep you employed they either have to accept the BOWP or they should have applied for a new work-permit for you. Reading between the lines it seems the employer does not wish to continue with your employment, correct?

When you have PR status you are essentially free to work anywhere.

AOR is needed for an on-line application.

Thx

A

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks for the replies.

Basically i have come from offshore to work here for client location on LMO visa.
Now working on open work permit is against my employer's ethics because it may send a wrong message client and canada government and hence they are not willing to continue on open work permit. instead they are ready to take the hit and send me back, wait for 10 months or so and then i can come back if i get pr.
But i do not want to go back to offshore and comeback and that's why looking for options to continue here.

Thanks & Regards,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jvsitd said:
Basically i have come from offshore to work here for client location on LMO visa.
Now working on open work permit is against my employer's ethics because it may send a wrong message client and canada government and hence they are not willing to continue on open work permit. instead they are ready to take the hit and send me back, wait for 10 months or so and then i can come back if i get pr.
But i do not want to go back to offshore and comeback and that's why looking for options to continue here.
The obvious question is, if they want to keep you working here, are they willing to apply for a new LMIA? (LMO is now LMIA).

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
Now a days getting LMIA is very difficult, so they don't want to apply for LMIA any more. :(
That's why i am looking for other alternatives on my own.