Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Hey Guys,

Been trying to get a direct answer to this.....Has anyone applied for BWOP with their spouse and the principal applicant got a approved and no update on the spouse.

I am super worried, as my application has been approved a week now and no update on my spouse, is this normal?

tariq_z

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, I'm on a PGWP which is about to expire in May so I had applied for BOWP. Today I got a letter with subject "WP-EXT only except PGWP" and the first paragraph says:

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number ___________________ as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until __________________________ or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.
What I wish to know is that I applied for bridging OPEN work permit, but this letter states 'same conditions i.e. employer and occupation' so does this mean that I now have to continue working with my current employer or can I change my current job?
Also, I had selected apply for work permit with same employer instead of apply for work permit for the first time or with a new employer. But under what type of work permit are you applying for I had selected open work permit. So will I be issued a closed work permit instead of an open work permit?
I had also attached a letter of explanation that stated that I'm apply for an open work permit under the new public policy.

Last edited:

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi, I'm on a PGWP which is about to expire in May so I had applied for BOWP. Today I got a letter with subject "WP-EXT only except PGWP" and the first paragraph says:

What I wish to know is that I applied for bridging OPEN work permit, but this letter states 'same conditions i.e. employer and occupation' so does this mean that I now have to continue working with my current employer or can I change my current job?
I received it too.
What I understand, is they gave this letter because you (maybe) applied too late. I mean, you have 4 months to apply. And then they extend for more days to complete 4 months. But, that one doesn't mean it was approved, you are in applying status.

tariq_z

Feb 15, 2019
I received it too.
What I understand, is they gave this letter because you (maybe) applied too late. I mean, you have 4 months to apply. And then they extend for more days to complete 4 months. But, that one doesn't mean it was approved, you are in applying status.
thank you very much for your reply. Can you tell me whether I'm free to switch jobs despite what's written on this current letter i.e. same employer and occupation?

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
thank you very much for your reply. Can you tell me whether I'm free to switch jobs despite what's written on this current letter i.e. same employer and occupation?
If you have Open WP, yes you can... this letter is just for you to have more time to continue work until the decision is made.

Reactions: tariq_z

Babamo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
If you have Open WP, yes you can... this letter is just for you to have more time to continue work until the decision is made.
It means you’re only eligible to work with the same employer until a decision is reached on your application. I also think you should raise a web form to explain that you made an error in the option you ticked in the type of work permit you’re applying for.

Reactions: tariq_z

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I have the same letter. And this letter doesn't mention the employer's name... I applied too to BOWP but because of new roles Covid...you can extend your PGWP. My daughter also is on the same file that I applied for, and she didn't receive that letter. Because her visa is student, not work.

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
I've heard that 1. - NO, because this is going to be B"OPEN"WP - you don't need any JO to be qualified. Only AOR + Not expired current WP

like here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bridging-open-work-permit-bowp-under-cec.481584/
or
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bridging-work-permit-help.691317/

*I'm not arguing, just truing to calm myself, because I'm on closed-expiring-soon wp, CEC+JO for 50 points and answered NO in BOWP tool, lol)
No issues. I replied as YES since i had a JOB OFFER. I also received my BOWP approved.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate your help on the below.

I have applied for PR under CEC along with my 2 dependents (Wife and Son). At the moment we all are in Canada and want to apply for BOWP, however I got little worried after reading on the IRCC website that the dependents of APR are not eligible for applying BOWP.

I - Have a closed work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Wife - Has a open work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Son - Has a visitor record (Will expire in 7 months)

I understand that I can apply for BOWP but what should I do for my dependents if they are not eligible for BOWP ?

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
You can apply for BOWP only when you have 4 months or less remaining on your work permit. When you are submitting your application, you will have to apply for the permits for your dependents at the same time. In essence, you are eligible and you get to apply via your profile for them both.