+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging work permit help

hic089

Jun 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am preparing to apply for BOWP since my current WP is about to expire. I have already applied for PR under CEC in October 2019 and it is still in process and I have my AOR letter.

I had some questions regarding the BOWP application and would appreciate it if someone can clarify:

In the eligibility tool check:

Family member who is Canadian citizen or PR - this is a bit confusing since I don’t know if it applies to immediate family members or more: I have a spouse who is a PR - I answered - YES

Are you the spouse of a person who: - Applied for PR to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for PR (first stage approval) - NO

Have you been told by IRCC that you are approved in principle for PR in Canada? - YES

Do you have a written job offer? - I am on PGWP/Open work permit and am currently employed, I am guessing this question is regarding LMIA? - I answered NO

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? - My spouse is already in Canada - I answered NO

In the IMM5710 form:

What should I choose for:

- Apply for work permit with same employer

- Apply for work permit the first time or with a new employer

Date and place of original entry to Canada - this would be the very first time I entered Canada?

In details of intended work in Canada, do I need to provide employment address/details? I left it blank as I am applying for Open work permit

Lastly, in the required documents, it also asks for Proof of medicals - do I just upload the medicals form I got when I gave medical exam for PR application?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make sure I don't make a mistake. Thank you in advance

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Apply for work permit the first time or with a new employer

Date and place of original entry to Canada - this would be the very first time I entered Canada?
Yes

In details of intended work in Canada, do I need to provide employment address/details?
No

Lastly, in the required documents, it also asks for Proof of medicals - do I just upload the medicals form I got when I gave medical exam for PR application?
Yes

hic089

Jun 17, 2020
Apply for work permit the first time or with a new employer

Yes

In details of intended work in Canada, do I need to provide employment address/details?
No

Yes
Thank you for the clarification!

Do you have a written job offer? - this should be 'No' right? I am on a PGWP/Open work permit and am guessing this only applies for LMIA cases?