+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under CEC

shemul dev

May 24, 2011
Hi,

I got my ITA in Dec 22, 2016 and submitted my file in Feb 21, 2017. My Post grad Open work permit (PGOWP) is going to expire soon in June 3, 2017. So I am planning to apply for BOWP. I have few questions about it and I am not sure how to answer them. Please correct me if I am wrong with any answers. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help regarding this matter.

Q1. How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Ans : Temporarily - less than 6 months (Or Should I choose-More than 6 months)

Q2. Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Ans: Yes
(If I choose No to this answer, then it asks me do I have LMIA, which I don’t have)

Q3. Do you have a written job offer?
(As I am still working with the same company so I choose Yes to answer this question)

Q4. Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
(As I already did upfront medical before submitting my CEC application)

Q5. In the Fees section it asks to pay two separate fees :Work permit 155 CAD, Open work permit holder fee 100 CAD, Do I have to pay both fees?

In the application form IMM 5710 there are few questions that I am confused to answer.

Q6. No 3 in form, I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
c. Restoration of your status as a worker
d. Temporary resident permit

(As I am a post grad open work permit holder I don’t want to limit my work permit to one employer, which option should I choose?)

Q7. Under Personal details, No 7 Current country of residence:
Country: Canada, Status: Worker (as I am now on PGOWP), From: 2014-06-03 (start date of my PGOWP, Should I put this date here or I should put the date I first entered in Canada?)

Q8. Details of Intended work in Canada section asks to give information on prospective employer. Should I enter my current employer information or just leave it blank.

Q9. Under Back ground information section, Have you preciously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
(As I already applied for my PR and applied for visa to come in Canada as student in 2011, so should I choose yes to this question?)

Thanks a lot
Shemul Dev

mrawa

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
shemul dev said:
Hi,

I got my ITA in Dec 22, 2016 and submitted my file in Feb 21, 2017. My Post grad Open work permit (PGOWP) is going to expire soon in June 3, 2017. So I am planning to apply for BOWP. I have few questions about it and I am not sure how to answer them. Please correct me if I am wrong with any answers. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help regarding this matter.

Q1. How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Ans : Temporarily - less than 6 months (Or Should I choose-More than 6 months) Choose more than 6 months

Q2. Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
(If I choose No to this answer, then it asks me do I have LMIA, which I don’t have)No

Q3. Do you have a written job offer?
(As I am still working with the same company so I choose Yes to answer this question)No

Q4. Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
(As I already did upfront medical before submitting my CEC application)Yes

Q5. In the Fees section it asks to pay two separate fees :Work permit 155 CAD, Open work permit holder fee 100 CAD, Do I have to pay both fees? Pay both

In the application form IMM 5710 there are few questions that I am confused to answer.

Q6. No 3 in form, I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer Choose this one
c. Restoration of your status as a worker
d. Temporary resident permit

(As I am a post grad open work permit holder I don’t want to limit my work permit to one employer, which option should I choose?)

Q7. Under Personal details, No 7 Current country of residence:
Country: Canada, Status: Worker (as I am now on PGOWP), From: 2014-06-03 (start date of my PGOWP, Should I put this date here or I should put the date I first entered in Canada?) Put the date you first entered

Q8. Details of Intended work in Canada section asks to give information on prospective employer. Should I enter my current employer information or just leave it blank. Leave it blank

Q9. Under Back ground information section, Have you preciously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
(As I already applied for my PR and applied for visa to come in Canada as student in 2011, so should I choose yes to this question?) Yes

Thanks a lot
Shemul Dev