+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hello,

I'm currently with a PGWP and I received my AOR on Dec 14, 2018.
I applied for my BOWP on Dec 19.

I was wondering how long takes to receive the BOWP.
Also, do we receive a pass on it after passing the medicals exams?

thanks!!!

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Hello,

I'm currently with a PGWP and I received my AOR on Dec 14, 2018.
I applied for my BOWP on Dec 19.

I was wondering how long takes to receive the BOWP.
Also, do we receive a pass on it after passing the medicals exams?

thanks!!!
I received mine last week after 85 days... right before my PPR

Reactions: bruno5000

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi,

Can we work for any employer after receiving BOWP? My employer has a closed work permit for me and I can work only with that employer.
Also, my contract job with the employer is short term (Less than 4 months). Can I still apply for BOWP. Please help. Thanks

neilzt

Mar 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

Idk why some people I met keep telling me that I should have added an explanation letter says I’m applying Bowp and why..etc. I don’t get it why it’s necessary. I only scanned and uploaded my Pnp and Aor. I also selected “open work permit” on imm form.

I really wonder what do u guys think?

Thx

Reactions: Benbou012

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
For employment history, if i am still working my job , what should i write in "TO"?

I can't put a word present...should i put this month?

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi can somebody help me please. I’m an inland CEC applicant Aor September 2018. My WP will be expiring this August. So I have to apply for my BOWP. My application status shows my eligibility is review required and background shows we are processing your background. On gcms it shows eligibility review required, criminally in progress and security not started. My question is that is there a chance for BOWP refusal because my eligibility is still under review. I leaned somewhere that you need to have a positive eligibility assessment in order to apply for WP. My R10 is OK on gcms. Someone please give me a advice :(:(. Thank you

SamRe

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi can somebody help me please. I’m an inland CEC applicant Aor September 2018. My WP will be expiring this August. So I have to apply for my BOWP. My application status shows my eligibility is review required and background shows we are processing your background. On gcms it shows eligibility review required, criminally in progress and security not started. My question is that is there a chance for BOWP refusal because my eligibility is still under review. I leaned somewhere that you need to have a positive eligibility assessment in order to apply for WP. My R10 is OK on gcms. Someone please give me a advice :(:(. Thank you
Doesn't matter if your eligibility is under review.. only R10 OK is needed for BOWP..

miucat

Feb 27, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Guys please help for an urgent question.
I need to travel before the decision made, but I am scared that would lead my application to failure.
  • Do I have to stay in Canada ALL THE TIME during the whole process before decision made?
  • Have anyone left Canada and got approved?
  • If I was qualified at the moment I submitted my application then left Canada and my current work permit expired, am I still eligible?

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Guys please help for an urgent question.
I need to travel before the decision made, but I am scared that would lead my application to failure.
  • Do I have to stay in Canada ALL THE TIME during the whole process before decision made?
  • Have anyone left Canada and got approved?
  • If I was qualified at the moment I submitted my application then left Canada and my current work permit expired, am I still eligible?
Check it out: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=190&top=17

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Thanks for reply. I have checked many time from cic website however there is no clear answer about my questions.
Your current work permit expired already and your PR and BOWP applications have been in process, so are you on implied status now? If yes, the link above is very clear for your questions, I think.

It's very risky to leave out Canada during your implied status.

miucat

Feb 27, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Your current work permit expired already and your PR and BOWP applications have been in process, so are you on implied status now? If yes, the link above is very clear for your questions, I think.

It's very risky to leave out Canada during your implied status.
I was not on implied status.
My BOWP was approved few days ago...