+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Hi Newbie here,

What are the options to extend the post graduate work permits ? I researched online and found that International Students Can Extend PGWP in only following cases :

1) They have got PNP and are waiting for Federal PR Processing which usually takes 12-15 months but if they have only 4 months left on their work permit, they can apply.

2) They have qualified for CEC and created Express Entry Profile but the score is less so they are yet to receive an Invitation to Apply. (and 4 months are left in PGWP)

--- Okay...They need to get the points to select in draw and then apply..only after that they will receive it in 2nd case...

Is the above 2 scenarios correct ? Is there any other scenario where students can extend their work permit ? For example in positive LMIA assessment or any other ?

Also, till what time is the BOWP valid ? What happens if candidate doesn't receive the ITA in EE even after bein inside the pool for 1 year ? Can candidate apply for EE again (assuming with 1 more yr exp, candidate will get more points and better change for ITA)..and apply for BOWP again ?

Thanks!

secretbridge

Dec 13, 2016
neorol said:
You don't have to mention that you are gonna apply for BOWP. And you don't have to notify them when your visa expires because if you apply before the expiry date you will get implied status, that means your status won't be changed until the decision will be made on your BOWP.
Thank you so much...thus information is really helpful.....

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
joelthakkar said:
Hi Newbie here,

What are the options to extend the post graduate work permits ? I researched online and found that International Students Can Extend PGWP in only following cases :

1) They have got PNP and are waiting for Federal PR Processing which usually takes 12-15 months but if they have only 4 months left on their work permit, they can apply.

2) They have qualified for CEC and created Express Entry Profile but the score is less so they are yet to receive an Invitation to Apply. (and 4 months are left in PGWP)

--- Okay...They need to get the points to select in draw and then apply..only after that they will receive it in 2nd case...

Is the above 2 scenarios correct ? Is there any other scenario where students can extend their work permit ? For example in positive LMIA assessment or any other ?

Also, till what time is the BOWP valid ? What happens if candidate doesn't receive the ITA in EE even after bein inside the pool for 1 year ? Can candidate apply for EE again (assuming with 1 more yr exp, candidate will get more points and better change for ITA)..and apply for BOWP again ?

Thanks!
Basically PGWP can not be extended but you can have options to apply for other types of visas.

1. I don't know too much about PNP process, each province has it's own rules. Make a research on that.

2. Work Permit as a full-time employed skilled worker with LMIA (NOC A, B ,0) LMIA process is not easy...

3. Bridiging Open Work Permit - ONLY if you got an Invitation (ITA) and you submitted your PR application, and your PGWP is still valid.

4. Shifting to Visitor status - with sufficient proof of funds

BOWP is usually valid for a year. If the processing time of your PR application would take more time, you can apply for it again. Or, if your PR application would be refused and you stay in the country with your BOWP and you get a new ITA and apply for PR again, you can apply for BOWP again.

secretbridge

Dec 13, 2016
Hi, I am applying online for bowp, after filling question. I have been asked to fill 5710 and 5257(optional) forms.

If I fill 5257, do I need to pay extra money for that ?

As I heard you apply for work permit with 5710 first. If it gets approved you need to apply later for 5257 form for TRV.

If you apply seperatley then you pay money twice. If you apply all together do you need to pay more money ? Any idea guys ?

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi all,
I have a question, looking for some help. I applied for BOWP and TRV at the same time on 12 October Inland online. I received my BOWP on 22 November with the note at the bottom stating "Temp Resident status maintained as per R183(6). APR PENDING".
The application online is now closed and I have not received any request for Passport to get my TRV issued.
Has anyone applied for these two permits AT THE SAME TIME? What should I be expecting now? Will they still issue the TRV or do I need to apply again?

Thanks

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Zimprincess said:
Hi all,
I have a question, looking for some help. I applied for BOWP and TRV at the same time on 12 October Inland online. I received my BOWP on 22 November with the note at the bottom stating "Temp Resident status maintained as per R183(6). APR PENDING".
The application online is now closed and I have not received any request for Passport to get my TRV issued.
Has anyone applied for these two permits AT THE SAME TIME? What should I be expecting now? Will they still issue the TRV or do I need to apply again?

Thanks
I think I went through the same thing. I do not recall paying for the TRV though, I just paid 255 for the WP. My application is now closed, I am waiting for my WP. Help would be appreciated.
how long does it take them to send the WP after it is approved?

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
nuksyed said:
I think I went through the same thing. I do not recall paying for the TRV though, I just paid 255 for the WP. My application is now closed, I am waiting for my WP. Help would be appreciated.
how long does it take them to send the WP after it is approved?
5 days for me

mrawa

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
Anyone here got their BOWP application approved after it was put on hold? I submitted my PR application on Nov 5th, how long does it take for R10 completeness check?

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
mrawa said:
Anyone here got their BOWP application approved after it was put on hold? I submitted my PR application on Nov 5th, how long does it take for R10 completeness check?
Same here. I submitted my PR application on November 11th and BOWP on November 14th.

It is on hold since I didn't arrive yet to the R10 check.. If anyone has reach this status let us know how much time it took!

mahi_raw

Oct 9, 2015
rafa2mac said:
Same here. I submitted my PR application on November 11th and BOWP on November 14th.

It is on hold since I didn't arrive yet to the R10 check.. If anyone has reach this status let us know how much time it took!
When did it turned to "On Hold" status?

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
mahi_raw said:
When did it turned to "On Hold" status?
Early last week, around dec 14th.

I actually don't have a complete track of it since I have a lawyer following the application for me and can't access mycic since they applied on my behalf

mahi_raw

Oct 9, 2015
rafa2mac said:
Early last week, around dec 14th.

I actually don't have a complete track of it since I have a lawyer following the application for me and can't access mycic since they applied on my behalf
oh ok, I hope it gets approved soon.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
got my BOWP in 23 days....... fingers crossed for PRR next :)