+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
BOWP approved - applied on 1st Nov 2016 got approval on 1st Dec 2016 .

Online application- tatal time 30 days

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
User1982 said:
BOWP approved - applied on 1st Nov 2016 got approval on 1st Dec 2016 .

Online application- tatal time 30 days
Congratulations! Are you planning to leave your current employer? Right now I want to work for another employer, but working 40+ hrs per week is really tiring... So maybe when I got my PR...

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
azure04 said:
Congratulations! Are you planning to leave your current employer? Right now I want to work for another employer, but working 40+ hrs per week is really tiring... So maybe when I got my PR...
I am not thinking to leave my employer. they are pretty good with me :) . Fro you just wait for the PR and then change . that will be good.

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
User1982 said:
I am not thinking to leave my employer. they are pretty good with me :) . Fro you just wait for the PR and then change . that will be good.
Yeah... I hope this month or next month...

thenameismd

Dec 5, 2016
I applied under CEC on 04th November 2016. The same day I applied for BOWP as my work permit was due to expire on 14th November 2016. The application for BOWP got approved on 2nd December 2016.

CRS : 479
EE Profile Created: 15/October/2016
ITA Received: 19/October/2016
CEC Inland Submitted: 04/November/2016
AOR (Initial) Received: 04/November/2016
BOWP Submitted: 04/November/2016
Medical Passed: 27/November/2016
BOWP Approved: 02/December/2016

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
hello everyone...

I need help here... please... just want to make sure I am answering it correctly... wants to apply BOWP soonest... WP will be expiring on March2017

What would you like to do in Canada? - WORK
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? - Temporarily more than six months
What is your current immigration status in Canada? Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
•I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
•Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
•Protected Persons in Canada
•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
- ANSWERED: YES?

I am still in the process of answering eligibility questions. Thanks a lot. =)

In addition to that, can we apply BOWP and SOWP online at the same time? My husband is the primary applicant and currently holding SOWP WITHOUT employment restriction on his provincial nominee certificate and I'm on my PGWP. Both our WP will be expiring on March 2017... Thanks. =)

thenameismd

Dec 5, 2016
elyxandria said:
hello everyone...

I need help here... please... just want to make sure I am answering it correctly... wants to apply BOWP soonest... WP will be expiring on March2017

What would you like to do in Canada? - WORK
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? - Temporarily more than six months
What is your current immigration status in Canada? Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
•I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
•Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
•Protected Persons in Canada
•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
- ANSWERED: YES?

I am still in the process of answering eligibility questions. Thanks a lot. =)

In addition to that, can we apply BOWP and SOWP online at the same time? My husband is the primary applicant and currently holding SOWP WITHOUT employment restriction on his provincial nominee certificate and I'm on my PGWP. Both our WP will be expiring on March 2017... Thanks. =)
The answer to the question "Does one of the following apply to you?" would be "NO" in your case.

As for the SOWP and BOWP .. I am not too sure on that if it can be applied at the same time. But if both of you are applying(or have already applied) under express entry. I suggest both of you should apply for a BOWP. Just in case if one gets it and the other doesn't you can apply for SOWP based on whoever gets it. And If both of you get the BOWP then you don't have to apply for a SOWP. Hope this helps =)

mandy87

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
CRS : 480
CEC Inland Submitted: 24/october/2016
AOR (Initial) Received: 24/october/2016
BOWP Submitted: 26/october/2016
File is showing ON HOLD
still waiting for WP

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you? •I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes: •Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases•Protected Persons in Canada•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: •Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: •a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement•a military personnel assigned to Canada•a participant in professional sports activities or events•an employee of a foreign news company•a religious worker
No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
No

Please check... is my answers correct? We got our AOR last May2016 (PNP-PR applicant) Thanks a lot in advance.

Babandhillon92

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
elyxandria said:
What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you? •I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes: •Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases•Protected Persons in Canada•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: •Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: •a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement•a military personnel assigned to Canada•a participant in professional sports activities or events•an employee of a foreign news company•a religious worker
No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
No

Please check... is my answers correct? We got our AOR last May2016 (PNP-PR applicant) Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi just wanna know if AOR / file number are same thing?

Babandhillon92

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
mandy87 said:
CRS : 480
CEC Inland Submitted: 24/october/2016
AOR (Initial) Received: 24/october/2016
BOWP Submitted: 26/october/2016
File is showing ON HOLD
still waiting for WP
Hi Dear,
just a quick question if File number and AOR same THING?

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

I noticed most of you are applying for BOWP the same day they submit their APR. Is that ok?

Based on the CIC website it says

"To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must...their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check"

After an AOR, am I supposed to wait for another letter from CIC that says my APR has passed the completeness check and I can already use that to apply for BOWP??

thenameismd

Dec 5, 2016
Hi,

I noticed most of you are applying for BOWP the same day they submit their APR. Is that ok?

Based on the CIC website it says

"To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must...their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check"

After an AOR, am I supposed to wait for another letter from CIC that says my APR has passed the completeness check and I can already use that to apply for BOWP??
Nope , you don't have to wait for the second letter. You can apply for a BOWP right away after getting the initial AOR. Here is a quote stating that amendment from CIC.

Program delivery update – February 11, 2016
Update to the instructions on bridging open work permits
Summary

The purpose of this update is to make editorial corrections and a minor clarification to the section regarding paper applications for permanent residence. Positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in the Global Case Management System is set to “Passed” or an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant. In the previous sentence, taken from the program delivery instructions (PDIs), “and” has been replaced by “or”.

As per the program delivery update (PDU) published on December 1, 2015, under Express Entry, applicants who are eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit (BOWP) may now apply immediately after submitting their electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR). They are now only required to submit their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter that is automatically generated in their MyCIC account following the submission of their e-APR, instead of having to wait for a second Acknowledgment of Receipt letter issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

However, the application for a BOWP will not be processed until the completeness check has been performed at the Centralized Intake Office. BOWP applications received before the completeness checks have been performed will be held until they are ready to be processed. If an e-APR is found to be incomplete, the applicant is no longer eligible for a BOWP. In these cases, the application for a BOWP will be refused.

Note: The process for issuing BOWPs to applicants who have applied for permanent residence outside of Express Entry (i.e., under the caring for children class, the caring for people with high medical needs class or the provincial nominee class) has not changed.

secretbridge

Dec 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP and my spouse open work permit are getting expiring on 2-Jan-2016. I have received the express entry OINP nomination and express entry ITA. I am applying soon first for Express entry PR.

1) Do I need to mention somewhere in my PR application that I am applying for BOWP ?

2) Once our work permit are expired, do I need to notify CIC again ?

Note: I am applying online BOWP once I have eAPR (usually generate in 24 hr after PR application submission)

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
secretbridge said:
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP and my spouse open work permit are getting expiring on 2-Jan-2016. I have received the express entry OINP nomination and express entry ITA. I am applying soon first for Express entry PR.

1) Do I need to mention somewhere in my PR application that I am applying for BOWP ?

2) Once our work permit are expired, do I need to notify CIC again ?

Note: I am applying online BOWP once I have eAPR (usually generate in 24 hr after PR application submission)
You don't have to mention that you are gonna apply for BOWP. And you don't have to notify them when your visa expires because if you apply before the expiry date you will get implied status, that means your status won't be changed until the decision will be made on your BOWP.