+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ You don't need to address it to anyone in particular. As you've said, it's an online attachment so formalities like that don't really apply. I think I put "Attn: Visa processing officer" or words to that effect.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
LPS said:
^ You don't need to address it to anyone in particular. As you've said, it's an online attachment so formalities like that don't really apply. I think I put "Attn: Visa processing officer" or words to that effect.
Great :)

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
I'm sending my cec app tonight. My visa expires start of November. Would it be wiser to send a paper bowp? I don't know what to do right now because I want to be able to work past November. I feel like I'm running a risk if I wait until I get AOR and then apply online. Any thoughts? Thanks!

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
I am planning to apply for BOWP. My spouse is on visitor visa and kid on study permit. What forms do I have to attach for them when I apply for BOWP ?

Kindly revert asap.

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
Hie Friends,
I was wondering is there any one in this forum who applied for BOWP recently with out an AOR and received it successfully....?

:) :)

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
I am pretty much in a situation where i don't see if i can receive AOR before my work permit expires, i would like to get some suggestion from you guys what if i don't get Aor before my permit expires. what should be the next best option for me should i apply for Study permit or visitors visa...?
on the other hand i have applied for AINP since January and waiting to hear from them
Please suggest me some good ideas i am very confused at this moment. :-X :-X

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Maxwell 12345 said:
I am pretty much in a situation where i don't see if i can receive AOR before my work permit expires, i would like to get some suggestion from you guys what if i don't get Aor before my permit expires. what should be the next best option for me should i apply for Study permit or visitors visa...?
on the other hand i have applied for AINP since January and waiting to hear from them
Please suggest me some good ideas i am very confused at this moment. :-X :-X
Hi. All depends when you expect your AOR. If soon, you can buy some time by applying for the BOWP by paper application. The processing time is currently about 60 days, so you can get your AOR before the CIC start processing your application. Don't apply for the BOWP without AOR online, because the processing time is very short. Some applicants got their decision in 5 days!

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
nov1061 said:
Hi. All depends when you expect your AOR. If soon, you can buy some time by applying for the BOWP by paper application. The processing time is currently about 60 days, so you can get your AOR before the CIC start processing your application. Don't apply for the BOWP without AOR online, because the processing time is very short. Some applicants got their decision in 5 days!
My Application was received at Sydney office on 14th August and my visa is expiring on 8th of October I was expecting Aor in 50 days which was 2ndof october but looks like its taking longer than than what we expected it to be....

Now as you suggested me to apply paper application what should i be writing in explanation letter....?
and when should i send paper application...?

Suggestions from all seniors members will be appreciated.

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
Can anybody clarify on how to pay fee for BOWP paper application?
Is it that I take the IMM 5401 form to a bank, pay the fee and then submit the receipt along with my paper application? Any other alternatives?

Thanks.

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
Please suggest me some good ideas i am very confused at this moment. :eek: :eek:

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Angel1981 said:
Can anybody clarify on how to pay fee for BOWP paper application?
Is it that I take the IMM 5401 form to a bank, pay the fee and then submit the receipt along with my paper application? Any other alternatives?
Payment options are explained in detail here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=wp&canada=inside&cat=temp

The best way is to "Pay my fees online" with a credit card, and include the receipt from that with your application.

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
LPS said:
Payment options are explained in detail here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=wp&canada=inside&cat=temp

The best way is to "Pay my fees online" with a credit card, and include the receipt from that with your application.
Thanks, LPS.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Maxwell 12345 said:
My Application was received at Sydney office on 14th August and my visa is expiring on 8th of October I was expecting Aor in 50 days which was 2ndof october but looks like its taking longer than than what we expected it to be....

Now as you suggested me to apply paper application what should i be writing in explanation letter....?
and when should i send paper application...?

Suggestions from all seniors members will be appreciated.

Hi, if you've meant explanation about why you are applying without the AOR you don't need to explain anything. Just fill up the forms and
submit those. If the AOR is issued they can see it in their system.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Guys,

Can you please help me on below query. I am filling BOWP application but confuse.

Which one I need to select on question 3 in Form # IMM5710E.

Question 3 : I am applying for one or more of the following

1) A work permit with same employer
2) An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3) Restoration of you status as a worker
4) Temporary Resident permit

Second, I need to submit application with entire family through online or each family member should go through separate case.

Thanks in advance...

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Hello,

I am ready to apply for BOWP (forms IMM5710E,5713E for self). My spouse is currently with visitor visa and child on study permit. What other forms do i need to include for them ?

Also, do I have to mandatorily apply for open work permit for spouse ? do I have an option of extending the visitor visa ? The reason is, my spouse does not have any work experience... so, wanted to check if there is any option other that open work permit for her...

What forms for the kid to extend the study permit ?

Regards,

Kumar.