+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CEC_1304 said:
Just a note:- This SOWP application was submitted through my Wife CIC user id
Copying complete content of refusal letter . This may give better idea to experts for suggestion.
Can experts suggest me what point i need to mention in my covering letter while reapply

I am feeling so annoyed on VO for not understanding my application situation

"This letter refers to your application for an open work permit.
Your application as requested is refused.
[X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You
may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is
a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse's employer, stating
his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market
Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.
[X] Foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent
residence (PR) under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience
Class (CEC), the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
(FSTP) and who meet program eligibility requirements, may be considered for a bridging open
Work Permit (WP) if their current WP will soon expire.
To be eligible for a bridging open WP, the following parameters must be met:
 The foreign national is currently in Canada;
 They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
 They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the
Economic Class programs above; and
 They have made application for an open WP.
You have not provided evidence that you have received a positive eligibility decision on your
Permanent Resident application. You do not have a work permit that was due to expire within 4
months of the date you submitted your application
."
If you read the refusal closely, it would appear that you didn't supply sufficient evidence that you were working in a NOC, A, B or O occupation.

You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You
may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is
a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse's employer, stating
his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
PMM said:
Hi

If you read the refusal closely, it would appear that you didn't supply sufficient evidence that you were working in a NOC, A, B or O occupation.

Thanks PMM for Reply
Just one Q It means to get SOWP I (my self who is having BOWP) must need to show proof that I am skilled worker in canada ? I already showed them I am BOWP because of my AOR and application for CEC , So some one shows that he/she is already having AOR means he /she is skilled worker under O,A,B why I need to prove this again and again ?

So while reapply If i will mention in explanation letter i.e. I already have AOR and I am already applied through NOC code xxxx so will that be enough or I Must have to provide letter which CIC is expecting ?
PS: Just I can upload AOR also to reduce confusion

Please suggest

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
Has anyone applied for a visa outside canada for BOWP? I am planning to apply for a visa any help would be great.

Thanks

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
CEC_1304 said:
Just one Q It means to get SOWP I (my self who is having BOWP) must need to show proof that I am skilled worker in canada ? I already showed them I am BOWP because of my AOR and application for CEC , So some one shows that he/she is already having AOR means he /she is skilled worker under O,A,B why I need to prove this again and again ?

So while reapply If i will mention in explanation letter i.e. I already have AOR and I am already applied through NOC code xxxx so will that be enough or I Must have to provide letter which CIC is expecting ?
PS: Just I can upload AOR also to reduce confusion
Remember that there are several ways for a spouse to qualify for an open work permit. One of them is that "your spouse is a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B". If your spouse has included a copy of your work permit in the application, it's a fair assumption that the application was made in this category.

Your spouse is indeed eligible for an open work permit, and you do not need to be a skilled (NOC 0, A, B) worker, because you are a BOWP holder and a CEC applicant (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp). But you didn't provide sufficient evidence of that either.

Your spouse needs to specifically refer to that part of the manual and explain that you are a BOWP holder and a CEC applicant. Include some reference to your CEC application (application number or client ID) in the letter.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
CEC_1304 said:
Yes Brother , I already have BOWP and I applied for SOWP which is rejected .
so you mean instead of REAPPLY again I need to write a letter to CIC mentioning the reference of manual ?
Can Any one please point out under which section of manual I need to mention to CIC ?

Thanks to you guys for helping me this regard
No. I meant you need a cover letter when you re-apply. Unfortunately your previous application is refused and gone. It takes too long to appeal it so you might as well re-apply.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
LPS said:
Remember that there are several ways for a spouse to qualify for an open work permit. One of them is that "your spouse is a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B". If your spouse has included a copy of your work permit in the application, it's a fair assumption that the application was made in this category.

Your spouse is indeed eligible for an open work permit, and you do not need to be a skilled (NOC 0, A, B) worker, because you are a BOWP holder and a CEC applicant (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp). But you didn't provide sufficient evidence of that either.

Your spouse needs to specifically refer to that part of the manual and explain that you are a BOWP holder and a CEC applicant. Include some reference to your CEC application (application number or client ID) in the letter.
Thanks SO much LPS and Zigna

+1 For both oops can't give + 1 for LPS because i system don't allow me

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
So I will re apply with detail explanation and providing copy of my AOR also this time and may be possible then my sal letter also
will it be fine ?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

latanaiduV said:
Has anyone applied for a visa outside canada for BOWP? I am planning to apply for a visa any help would be great.

Thanks
You can't, read the instructions

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
A question ,

my employment history is long , it is not fitting in the form of 5710 , i have created a seperate page of form 5710 ,
But while applying BOWP online i do not find option to upload that seperate page have anybody gone through this ? where u have uploaded the separate page of 5710 form

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Actually,

I've got a question. Do you need an LMO to apply? I sent mine and they sent my application back saying they need an LMO.

I think they've made a mistake, but just wanted to check with the forum.

I am currently waiting for my PR initial letter of approval to come.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ It sounds like your AOR hasn't come yet and therefore you made the mistake - what is the complete reason for the refusal?

An LMIA is not required, this is true.

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
PMM said:
Hi

You can't, read the instructions

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.
:) I've BOWP with me. Now I want to apply for visa with that bowp.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Experts One quick Question
I am reapplying for SOWP

This time I am planning to provide a Covering letter with all explanation
Just wanted to know whom I should address in this letter

I am aware it is online upload But then also I need to mention TO, Immig....... or some one

Please help

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
If you don't know who to address to in a cover letter, just say "To whom it may concern" ;)

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
ZingyDNA said:
If you don't know who to address to in a cover letter, just say "To whom it may concern" ;)
Thanks for response Brother

Yes I know that
But
I thought I need to write some thing like below

To,
xxxxxxxx
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Whom So ever it may concern

Dear Sir/Madam,

Blah blah blah blah

But you are suggesting below text

Whom So ever it may concern