+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
kumar_montreal said:
Hi,

Thanks for your response. This is applying online.... However, I have already sent a paper application for CEC and AOR is awaited.

So, I dont see any point in doing 'start my application'.

Regards,

Kumar.
This in nothing to do with your CEC application
BOWP is different thing

But as you mentioned you don't have AOR yet , I will suggest waith for AOR mail belofe applying for BOWP online

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
ok, thanks a lot...

hence, I will not be able to apply for BOWP before I get the AOR. My current work permit expires on Oct 1. What options do I have ? can I stay back in Canada ?

Suppose, I go back to my country after oct 1 and if I get my AOR on Oct 10, can I apply for BOWP ? I guess no, as it is one of the criteria for BOWP...

Can I now apply for BOWP by paper and go back to my home country ? what would be the implications ? will my CEC and BOWP application in process ?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Appreciate if any one faced this issue and can help me
History
1) I already have BOWP
2) Applied for SOWP for my Wife
3) Got refusal Letter for her

My Q:
1) What happen to my $ 155 ? Can I reuse it or Suppose I apply again I need to give $ 155 again
2) Letter says "You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You
may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is
a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating
his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market
Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada
."

What I need to submit suppose I am planning for reapply ? but online application submission form their is no place where i can upload my salary letter etc.

3) Is this refusal a black spot for her/Mine future any application to CIC?

Please suggest

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I thought you don't need a job or job offer to get a SOWP for your spouse... She'll get it just because of your BOWP... I assume your wife is not employed right now? So you can't provide them what they requested anyways. Now that you have got your BOWP, you can try again for her, but that's a new application for sure so you can't reuse your $155 for the previous application that got refused.

CEC_1304 said:
History
1) I already have BOWP

My Q:
1) What happen to my $ 155 ? Can I reuse it or Suppose I apply again I need to give $ 155 again
2) Letter says "You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
CEC_1304 said:
History
1) I already have BOWP
The spouse of a BOWP holder who is a CEC applicant does not have to meet any conditions. Did your spousal work permit application make it clear that you are a BOWP holder who is a CEC applicant?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
LPS said:
The spouse of a BOWP holder who is a CEC applicant does not have to meet any conditions. Did your spousal work permit application make it clear that you are a BOWP holder who is a CEC applicant?
Thanks all for reply.
Answer is NO
reason : When I generated CODE using questioner online It provided me 4 Document to upload and I uploaded all those 4 i.e. 5710E form, Marriage Certificate , Spouse (Mine) Current WP , where it is clearly mentioned I have BOWP, and spouse passport/visitor record for canada

Do you want to say although I uploaded my current BOWP , i need to upload Covering letter saying all history

PLease suggest

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Guys , i have a question while filing BOWP ,

1) They have asked for identity docs which is passport, they say provide pages with visa, stamping , do we have to upload them all, i have 10 pages with visa and stamps ?
2)Do we have to fill the prospective employer details in the application form ?
3)i have continuation employment history in another word doc, do i have to upload that document in schdule 1 form or other foms section ?

Request people to answer them urgently

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
CEC_1304 said:
Thanks all for reply.
Answer is NO
reason : When I generated CODE using questioner online It provided me 4 Document to upload and I uploaded all those 4 i.e. 5710E form, Marriage Certificate , Spouse (Mine) Current WP , where it is clearly mentioned I have BOWP, and spouse passport/visitor record for canada

Do you want to say although I uploaded my current BOWP , i need to upload Covering letter saying all history

PLease suggest
Anyone please suggest

Grafton

Apr 15, 2014
I have a question, when my BOWP arrives,then I renew the SIN. I am working under Implied Status, Do I need to give new copies to my current employer? or wait until they ask?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Risabh_Canada said:
Guys , i have a question while filing BOWP ,

1) They have asked for identity docs which is passport, they say provide pages with visa, stamping , do we have to upload them all, i have 10 pages with visa and stamps ? I had provided only the first page and last page of passport
2)Do we have to fill the prospective employer details in the application form ?No. It is BOWP so you do not have to
3)i have continuation employment history in another word doc, do i have to upload that document in schdule 1 form or other foms section ?You can write a cover letter and attach the employment history

Request people to answer them urgently

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
CEC_1304 said:
Thanks all for reply.
Answer is NO

Firstly - I think you have the right idea - the remarks on your work permit probably do indicate that you received it as a PR applicant ("APR pending" or words to that effect).

There are many ways someone can be eligible for an open work permit, and indeed there are several ways a spouse can be eligible. See Who can apply for an open work permit? (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17).

You'll notice that the above list includes spouses of skilled (NOC 0, A, B) workers, and I guess they assumed you were applying in this category, without further information to go on.

The list does not specifically include spouses of BOWP holders, but the manual on bridging permits does (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp). When you reapply, quote them this section of the manual and make it clear that you are a BOWP holder and a CEC applicant.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
LPS said:
Firstly - I think you have the right idea - the remarks on your work permit probably do indicate that you received it as a PR applicant ("APR pending" or words to that effect).

There are many ways someone can be eligible for an open work permit, and indeed there are several ways a spouse can be eligible. See Who can apply for an open work permit? (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17).

You'll notice that the above list includes spouses of skilled (NOC 0, A, B) workers, and I guess they assumed you were applying in this category, without further information to go on.

The list does not specifically include spouses of BOWP holders, but the manual on bridging permits does (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp). When you reapply, quote them this section of the manual and make it clear that you are a BOWP holder and a CEC applicant.
Super + 1 Brother for you , That's what I can do for your effort and Help :)

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
CEC_1304 said:
Thanks all for reply.
Answer is NO

PLease suggest
Wait, so you already had your BOWP and they still refused your wife's SOWP? That was a mistake from the VO, then... I guess you just have to remind them what's in their operation manual with a cover letter :mad:

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
ZingyDNA said:
Wait, so you already had your BOWP and they still refused your wife's SOWP? That was a mistake from the VO, then... I guess you just have to remind them what's in their operation manual with a cover letter :mad:
Yes Brother , I already have BOWP and I applied for SOWP which is rejected .
so you mean instead of REAPPLY again I need to write a letter to CIC mentioning the reference of manual ?
Can Any one please point out under which section of manual I need to mention to CIC ?

Thanks to you guys for helping me this regard

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Just a note:- This SOWP application was submitted through my Wife CIC user id
Copying complete content of refusal letter . This may give better idea to experts for suggestion.
Can experts suggest me what point i need to mention in my covering letter while reapply

I am feeling so annoyed on VO for not understanding my application situation

"This letter refers to your application for an open work permit.
Your application as requested is refused.
[X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You
may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is
a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating
his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market
Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.
[X] Foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent
residence (PR) under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience
Class (CEC), the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
(FSTP) and who meet program eligibility requirements, may be considered for a bridging open
Work Permit (WP) if their current WP will soon expire.
To be eligible for a bridging open WP, the following parameters must be met:
 The foreign national is currently in Canada;
 They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
 They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the
Economic Class programs above; and
 They have made application for an open WP.
You have not provided evidence that you have received a positive eligibility decision on your
Permanent Resident application. You do not have a work permit that was due to expire within 4
months of the date you submitted your application
."