+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
waqas11 said:
Hi Menicmonday,

How long did it take for your passport to come back after you sent your passport? I just sent mine yesterday. Thanks!
I remember sending it on a Friday AM then getting it the next Friday.
It was delivered to Ottawa on Monday then got "activated" Thursday.

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
MenicMonday said:
I remember sending it on a Friday AM then getting it the next Friday.
It was delivered to Ottawa on Monday then got "activated" Thursday.
Thanks for your reply man ! So it took just a week then. The TRV process seems pretty fast these days.

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
sandymaan said:
Hi..I have received my BOWP. Now i want to apply for TRV , I am trying for online application but I am not getting checklist for TRV, it either shows visitor visa or open work permit. Please suggest me where I am going wrong, I think am giving wrong answers.
Make sure you choose "work" as your answer for the very first question. I was choosing "visit", and I was not getting the TRV option as well.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
waqas11 said:
Thanks for your reply man ! So it took just a week then. The TRV process seems pretty fast these days.
Current waiting is 14-15 Days

Thanks

happycamper03

Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys,

I applied for my PR under the CEC, received my AOR and now I want to apply for a BOWP. I have a few questions. I would be delighted if someone could answer these for me. My current work permit expires in September 21 2014.

1.Do I need to do a medical? If yes, do i need to wait for the results or just a receipt that I have completed my medicals
2.Can I do the application process online and how long does it take to do it?
3. Do I need to send in a cover letter along with my application?

The answers to questions might already be there in this topic, but there is a lot of information in here to digest. Again, i would like to thank anyone who has taken the time to read this. :) :) :) :) :)

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
happycamper03 said:
I applied for my PR under the CEC, received my AOR and now I want to apply for a BOWP. I have a few questions. I would be delighted if someone could answer these for me. My current work permit expires in September 21 2014.

1.Do I need to do a medical? If yes, do i need to wait for the results or just a receipt that I have completed my medicals
Generally you don't need a medical - see Do I need a medical exam to get a work permit? (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=183&t=17)

happycamper03 said:
2.Can I do the application process online and how long does it take to do it?
Yes, you can apply online through the 'Come to Canada' wizard. How long does the application process take? I suppose it takes a few hours to fill in all the forms and check everything, but don't rush it.

happycamper03 said:
3. Do I need to send in a cover letter along with my application?
It's recommended that you include a letter of explanation. A BOWP application is basically an open work permit application - it may not be apparent just from the forms why you are eligible for an open permit (see Who can apply for an open work permit? - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17) so the letter would usually explain that you are applying for a bridging permit, as a Canadian Experience Class applicant who has received a positive eligibility decision.

sandymaan

May 6, 2014
waqas11 said:
Make sure you choose "work" as your answer for the very first question. I was choosing "visit", and I was not getting the TRV option as well.
I choose work.. It takes me to TRV visitor outside canada...

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Try the following: it should land you in a page where you have two choices - Open Work Permit and Temporary Resident Visa. You should click on the latter to proceed to the TRV.
Doesn't matter that your form will be "TRV from Outside Canada" even if you are within Canada; it's a generic form.

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months (or Permanently) <- doesn't matter

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you? I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).
Yes
Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B; Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution; Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more; Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval) Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement a military personnel assigned to Canada a participant in professional sports activities or events an employee of a foreign news company a religious worker
No

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes
Do you have a written job offer?
No

vijayanand

Apr 11, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
jimkal said:
Hi group,

I just want to share my BOWP information that I applied online.

File Online: 4th June 2014
Approved information online: 20th June 2014

But I did not receive any information in email from CIC about the approval information, it was online in MyCIC there was some activity which mentioned that "application status: Application Approved". Will I received any information to my email or how long will it take to receive a copy to my mailing address to be sure it is approved.
Thanks for sharing

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
BOWP filed May 22 and still waiting...
CIC officer had an error entering my sons passport data twice.
I hope they corrected it the third time.

vijayanand

Apr 11, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
sandymaan said:
Hi..I have received my BOWP. Now i want to apply for TRV , I am trying for online application but I am not getting checklist for TRV, it either shows visitor visa or open work permit. Please suggest me where I am going wrong, I think am giving wrong answers.
can't you land with your BOWP?

why do you need TRV?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
vijayanand said:
can't you land with your BOWP?

why do you need TRV?
'Landing' refers to becoming a permanent resident.

Work permit or not, you need a visa to enter Canada if you're not from a visa-exempt country.