+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

chikku0801

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/14/2014
Med's Request
08/30/2014
Med's Done....
07/24/2014
chikku0801 said:
Hello My wife is a school teacher and she is the main applicant and I am dependent on her(on Open workpermit). We have applied for the PR under CEC class, Now we want to apply under the BOWP for both of us. As she is a teacher should she go for medicals and also its been less than 6 months I have arrived to Canada. Please advise to apply for BOWP do we both have to go for medicals and if we do our medicals now this can be used under the CEC PR class.
Seniors please can you respond to my concerns above. Thanks

phoenix88

Jun 12, 2014
Hello everyone Im just new here and Im thankful there's a forum like this to help us with our queries! :) Im hoping you all could help me on our situation. I am planning to apply for BOWP this month (Im on spousal open work permit together with my 4 year old daughter who's on Study Permit). We're here in Canada together with my husband who's the principal applicant with a work permit about to expire this coming 30th September. We had our AOR last november 29, 2013 under PNP class. Im on the verge of convincing him to apply BOWP too since he's a bit reluctant to do so. If we both decide to apply for BOWP this month , will this conflict with his new application for Work permit done by his employer? somebody advised me to apply BOWP asap while waiting for our PR final decision. I really hope and wish you can help me out! :) :) :) thanks in advance <3

orgchem

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-12-2013
Hi:

I got my BOWP and recently I got job too in Ottawa. My spouse and son status expires by July 2014 and at present they are in India. I would like to apply extension for them.

Would it be possible apply through online?

Would it be possible to apply through my CIC account?

Please help.
Thanks

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Folks - those who applied for their BOWP via paper application, can you please advise to which address you guys mailed out your application to? Thanks! :)

Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Note: For new employer applications only.

CPC Vegreville
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Note: For extensions with same employer only.

Furthermore, did anyone recently apply for their BOWP (paper application) without an AOR and have received it successfully? Please advise, thanks! :)

isabel_ruizz

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-13
IELTS Request
Yes
Has anybody applied for a spouse open work permit?? My husband is the main applicant and has the BOWP but now I am the one who needs to apply. Please hep me

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
isabel_ruizz said:
Has anybody applied for a spouse open work permit?? My husband is the main applicant and has the BOWP but now I am the one who needs to apply. Please hep me
What exactly do you need since I went through the same process.

The first thing you need to do is create an online account at MyCIC...then go through the "Coming to Canada" wizard. There is a question there to the effect that "Does any of the following apply to you: Spouse of a PR applicant/WP Holder" (can't remember which), and you have to choose "Yes".
This will generate a checklist of documents for you, which includes the WP of your spouse.

I assume you are in Canada?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
isabel_ruizz said:
You don't need any help. You're illegible for SOWP (Spousal Open Work Permit) , just apply (you could have applied together with your husband though).

isabel_ruizz

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-13
IELTS Request
Yes
It is a bit confusing. I am the spouse and my husband is the main applicant and already has a valid BOWP. To apply for my spouse open work permit, do I need to create a CIC account or my husband has to apply on his cic account for me?

isabel_ruizz

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-13
IELTS Request
Yes
I have created a CIC account and have answered the questions however I don´t think the check list is right. It s not asking me for my husband BOWP.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
You should say "Yes" to this and "No" to the rest of the questions on the same page:

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable. Help

And on the next page, answer "Yes" to the next 2 questions.

"Yes" to the "Are you accompanying....who has status...?"

isabel_ruizz

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-13
IELTS Request
Yes
MenicMonday thank you so much for helping me, this is what I am answering and it might be something wrong.

Can you please check them?? Thank you so much

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months
What is the country of nationality of your passport?
Spain
What is your current country of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No
What is your date of birth?
XX XX XXXX
Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No
What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you? I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).
Yes
Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B; Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution; Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more; Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval) Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
Yes
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement a military personnel assigned to Canada a participant in professional sports activities or events an employee of a foreign news company a religious worker
No

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes
Do you have a written job offer?
No
What is your current marital status?
Common-Law
What is your province of destination?
British Columbia

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
Yes

When does your status in Canada expire?
July 2014
Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
No

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
isabel_ruizz said:
MenicMonday thank you so much for helping me, this is what I am answering and it might be something wrong.

Can you please check them?? Thank you so much

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months
What is the country of nationality of your passport?
Spain
What is your current country of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No
What is your date of birth?
XX XX XXXX
Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No
What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you? I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Yes[/size][/size]
Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B; Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution; Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more; Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval) Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
Yes
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement a military personnel assigned to Canada a participant in professional sports activities or events an employee of a foreign news company a religious worker
No

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes
Do you have a written job offer?
No
What is your current marital status?
Common-Law
What is your province of destination?
British Columbia

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
Yes

When does your status in Canada expire?
July 2014
Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
No

Try "NO" on the highlighted portion above.