+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
I have seen a quicker response time in the cases of families , couples etc. May be thats the reason , may be they have a different set of officers ,who knows its really hard to predict .

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone,
I called CIC yesterday and i was told that my BOWP has been approved and is in the mail right now.

Submitted on: 29/0ct/2013
Approved on: 08/0ct/2013
Valid for 1 year.

Application submitted with AOR and a letter of explanation.

I wanted to thank everyone of you on this thread and all of the other threads for all your support and consideration.

Good luck to all of us!

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Cruiser55 said:
Hello Everyone,
I called CIC yesterday and i was told that my BOWP has been approved and is in the mail right now.

Submitted on: 29/0ct/2013
Approved on: 08/0ct/2013
Valid for 1 year.

Application submitted with AOR and a letter of explanation.

I wanted to thank everyone of you on this thread and all of the other threads for all your support and consideration.

Good luck to all of us!
Congratulations!

Can I just check your submission date though? You submitted August or September 29?

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lpc19800 said:
Congratulations!

Can I just check your submission date though? You submitted August or September 29?
Thank you!

I am sorry, I meant to say August 29th!

MarieNadia

Jun 17, 2013
Hey Guys,

I am getting a little anxious about my BOWP application. I have submitted (and received confirmation) my application on August 28th (online). So far no answer, and we're passed the 41 day delay (in my case 41 was October 8).

I called the CIC call centre yesterday hoping they would be able to provide any sort of feedback, but they sais as per the CIC website they are currently working on the applications submitted on August 16th so I might need to wait 2 more weeks which seems wrong as I have noticed some of you have submitted yours after me and already got the BOWP approved (congrats guys). They basically just told me to wait.

Anyone knows why it takes so long? Any idea how to find out about the status of the BOWP application?

Any suggestion welcome!! :)

Thanks guys

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
MarieNadia said:
Hey Guys,

I am getting a little anxious about my BOWP application. I have submitted (and received confirmation) my application on August 28th (online). So far no answer, and we're passed the 41 day delay (in my case 41 was October 8).

I called the CIC call centre yesterday hoping they would be able to provide any sort of feedback, but they sais as per the CIC website they are currently working on the applications submitted on August 16th so I might need to wait 2 more weeks which seems wrong as I have noticed some of you have submitted yours after me and already got the BOWP approved (congrats guys). They basically just told me to wait.

Anyone knows why it takes so long? Any idea how to find out about the status of the BOWP application?

Any suggestion welcome!! :)

Thanks guys
Hi MarieN,

This is what they have told to couple of friends here based on the timelines on CIC website.
Don't worry.. Your also will get approved in a day or two.
If you don't get any notifications after waiting for couple of days, call them back.

One of our friend had called CIC on Tuesday & he got the same answer, When he checked again yesterday they confirmed that his application is approved.

gcad

Feb 22, 2013
I opened up a new thread, but though I should post here as well:

We are currently waiting for our BOWP. I am the principle applicant, my partner is my dependant.

We are expecting to receive our BOWP decision any day now, but my partners work permit expires on monday. She will be on implied status, but I just wanted to clarify what will happen if we get a negative decision on our BOWP after her visa has expired.

Note that my work permit is valid until december, so it will only be my partner whose status has expired.

Questions:

1 - Would my partner need to apply for restoration of status (given that I am the principle applicant and she my dependant)?

2 - Could my partner flagpole and re-enter canada as a visitor (would there be any issue doing this?). Then I could re-apply for BOWP with her as a dependant?

3 - If we do need to apply for restoration of status, how long does the process typically take?

4 - If we do need to apply for restoration of status, can we do it at the same time as reapplying for BOWP, or do we need to restore out status first?

Thanks!

Yum

Jan 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 15, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Hi

I just received a confirmation letter that my BOWP was approved and letter sent off yesterday.

I applied on Sept 5, 2013.
My current closed WP expires March, 2013 but my husband also has an AINP nomination certificate which I also attached to my application together with a copy of my AOR for my CEC app currently in progress.

Good luck to all others still awaiting a response on their BOWP apps.

miffy

Oct 8, 2013
Hi everyone

I am a fsw applicant . I want to apply for BOWP.

I am filling IMM5710E and for the question Details of Intended Work in Canada “1a)what type of work permit are you applying for? “ What option should I be checking in. Select the options “Open Work Permit”? Or select “other” and type “ Bridging Open Work Permit”?

Thanks.

Regards

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
miffy said:
Hi everyone

I am a fsw applicant . I want to apply for BOWP.

I am filling IMM5710E and for the question Details of Intended Work in Canada “1a)what type of work permit are you applying for? “ What option should I be checking in. Select the options “Open Work Permit”? Or select “other” and type “ Bridging Open Work Permit”?

Thanks.

Regards

Select open
Write a cover letter stating you would like a bridging open work permit

wchlin81

Aug 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
lpc19800 said:
Select open
Write a cover letter stating you would like a bridging open work permit
Hi, when I applied online, the system indicated I am eligible for bridging open work permit, then I just hit continue to apply and attached all the docs.

I am getting confused where I attach a letter...is this necessary?

Thanks

abgh

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
The processing time for the work permit has not been updated this week yet. Usually there is a new date every week till now.