+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arowberry said:
That question was asked today in this very thread. I quote from pfse:

The principle applicant can get a BOWP, the spouse can get an OWP.
Thus, if we get AOR, it means we are approved in principal by CIC and qualify to apply for BOWP and SOWP?

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
lhyyym said:
Thus, if we get AOR, it means we are approved in principal by CIC and qualify to apply for BOWP and OWP?
So long as you are in Canada at the time of applying and have less than four months remaining on a current work permit; as per the eligibility requirements.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi can some experienced people please confirm if my answers are correct?

What would you like to do in Canada? Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily - more than 6 months
Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? Yes
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada? Yes
Do you have a written job offer? No -I do have a permanent job without LMO/LMIA

Thanks in advance

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now I am being asked to submit : Document: Itinerary, Travel
You must provide a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available, and/or the itinerary of your visit (proposed route of your journey.)
And the fees also doesnt look right :

Fees
Fees Application Quantity Price (CAD) per unit Total (CAD)
Work Permit 1 $155 $155
Open Work Permit Holder Fee 1 $100 $100

The fee shown is an estimate based on the fees in effect on the day that this Personal Reference Code is issued. The actual fees to be paid will be calculated on the date of submission.
Total Price (CAD) $255

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
tdot_guy said:
Hi can some experienced people please confirm if my answers are correct?

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? Yes
Do you have a written job offer? No -I do have a permanent job without LMO/LMIA

Thanks in advance
That's correct. You're applying for an OPEN work permit and therefore your current employer is irrelevant.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
tdot_guy said:
Now I am being asked to submit : Document: Itinerary, Travel
You must provide a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available, and/or the itinerary of your visit (proposed route of your journey.)
And the fees also doesnt look right :

Fees
Fees Application Quantity Price (CAD) per unit Total (CAD)
Work Permit 1 $155 $155
Open Work Permit Holder Fee 1 $100 $100

The fee shown is an estimate based on the fees in effect on the day that this Personal Reference Code is issued. The actual fees to be paid will be calculated on the date of submission.
Total Price (CAD) $255

Unfortunately, those fees are correct. The Open Work Permit Holder Fee began on 21 February 2015, as detailed in the following CIC link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-02-09.asp

I have reada few reports of the itinerary document being included in the application package, yet it does not appear on the document checklist for the application. I suspect this is a balls-up by the CIC. As with the last person, I recommend that you call the CIC to ask what they actually need you to submit.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arowberry said:
So long as you are in Canada at the time of applying and have less than four months remaining on a current work permit; as per the eligibility requirements.
Thank you. By the way, your processing time of CEC is so short. My application was received in Jan 2014, but I am still waiting for my PPR.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for quick reply arowberry +1 for u, are all the other questions correct :

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
lhyyym said:
Thank you. By the way, your processing time of CEC is so short. My application was received in Jan 2014, but I am still waiting for my PPR.
Happy to help! Yeah I was pretty lucky with my application, it didn't seem to get held up anywhere. I suspect being from a visa-exempt country helped get through the security stages a bit faster and my work experience letter was particularly solid; so I don't think any doubts would have been raised over my application.

Best of luck :)

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
tdot_guy said:
Thanks a lot for quick reply arowberry +1 for u, are all the other questions correct :

Yup, they're all correct :)

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arowberry said:
Happy to help! Yeah I was pretty lucky with my application, it didn't seem to get held up anywhere. I suspect being from a visa-exempt country helped get through the security stages a bit faster and my work experience letter was particularly solid; so I don't think any doubts would have been raised over my application.

Best of luck :)
You are right. I am from China and stuck in background check more than 2 months. :'(

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Need help.

I applied for BOWP - Paper application in Dec 23-2014 without submitting my AOR. Three weeks before i received my AOR and mailed to Vergville through canada post asking them to include the AOR with my BOWP application.

Now is there any way to ask CIC to confirm that they have attached my AOR to BOWP application?

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
neevan said:
Need help.

I applied for BOWP - Paper application in Dec 23-2014 without submitting my AOR. Three weeks before i received my AOR and mailed to Vergville through canada post asking them to include the AOR with my BOWP application.

Now is there any way to ask CIC to confirm that they have attached my AOR to BOWP application?
Did you include a letter of explanation with the original application, asking the CIC agent to look up your UCI for your AOR?

Even if you didn't, I don't imagine you will have any problems. I can't imagine a CIC agent not looking up the UCI on an application. Getting apps without BOWP's must be pretty common at the moment (considering how long it took for some of the CEC apps to get an AOR).

You can't call the Vegreville office and unless your application has been processed, then I don't think the CIC agent on the central line would be able to tell you either.

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Thanks arowberry for your quick response.

Yes, I attached an explanation letter about the situation. So we dont have any way to get the confirmation? Not even requesting them through email?