+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

ms.reannox

Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.10 2014, Charged Dec 17, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Jan. 16 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015 reached Ottawa
File Transfer...
RPRF Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 16, 2015; Uploaded Mar 23, 2015; 3rd Line: Mar 30, 2015
Passport Req..
May 26, 2015
CEC_DEC_27 said:
Guys today i saw something weird in my online application for bridge open work permit.

1) i and my wife are applying for BOWP and today they are asking for Itinerary Travel document which is mandatory.. If i am applying within Canada i don't have any Itinerary travel document. What should i fill at this mandatory requirement document
Hello, when did you apply? Did they email you regarding this? Not sure what does itinerary travel document. Sorry..

vinalm

Feb 22, 2015
Hi, I applied for my BOWP on December 18th 2014. The call center agents are saying that it has been approved on Jan 24th, but I haven't received the physical copy yet. On further follow up they sent a notification to the processing center but still no update :(. Now they are saying that they can't take any action until 90 days (that would be in May).

Can anyone suggest any other way to contact CIC and ask them to dispatch the permit? I need to file TRV once I receive my permit.

P.S. I have already sent an e-mail to them and have filled the case specific inquiry form but no response.

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
vinalm said:
Hi, I applied for my BOWP on December 18th 2014. The call center agents are saying that it has been approved on Jan 24th, but I haven't received the physical copy yet. On further follow up they sent a notification to the processing center but still no update :(. Now they are saying that they can't take any action until 90 days (that would be in May).

Can anyone suggest any other way to contact CIC and ask them to dispatch the permit? I need to file TRV once I receive my permit.

P.S. I have already sent an e-mail to them and have filled the case specific inquiry form but no response.
Ws that paper/online application?
Ws that with/without Aor ?
Ws that same/new employer ?

Did u ask call center agent if you can apply trv in any way before u receive actual copy ?
And y u hv to wait till may , ur 90 days shouldn't b counted from 18 december

omph

Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Nomination.....
27-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
included
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS shows recvd 24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
RPRF:28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
in God's time
quick questions:
1. we have received an email saying my husband's BOWP has been updated but when we checked there is nothing. we have applied jan.29. what could that mean? is there any other update after receiving confirmation and before approval?
2. the email is only for my husband's BOWP and we did not receive a similar email for SOWP. could this mean that my application was left pending?

we were expecting two emails one for each application, since we received separate emails during the confirmation.

thanks in advance.

copper

Jan 11, 2015
hi to all,
a request regarding BOWP

my federal skilled trades pr application was received on 25, nov 2014 and 29th december 2014 cheque was been cashed, i am still waiting for AOR hope it will come before 6th march as my IEC visa will expire on 6th march.

I think i will go to flagpole and enter as visitor if nothing happen, but if i receive my AOR before 6th march i will send right away for BOWP, but in this case i dont know if i still have to go for flagpole and re enter canada as a tourist, OR I CAN JUST WAIT UNTIL MY BOWP COMES ? i am from a visa exempt country.

what is risk if i send my online BOWP APPLICATION without AOR ? AND call cic as soon as i receive my aor.
thanks

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
copper said:
hi to all,
a request regarding BOWP

my federal skilled trades pr application was received on 25, nov 2014 and 29th december 2014 cheque was been cashed, i am still waiting for AOR hope it will come before 6th march as my IEC visa will expire on 6th march.

I think i will go to flagpole and enter as visitor if nothing happen, but if i receive my AOR before 6th march i will send right away for BOWP, but in this case i dont know if i still have to go for flagpole and re enter canada as a tourist, OR I CAN JUST WAIT UNTIL MY BOWP COMES ? i am from a visa exempt country.

what is risk if i send my online BOWP APPLICATION without AOR ? AND call cic as soon as i receive my aor.
thanks

Wen u apply for bowl , you will be on implied status until u receive a decision , so it means u can work in same conditions until decision , no risk, worst case it will be rejected and best case u get bowp

About flagpole and entering as a visitor I would advise see a lawyer first, I m not from visa exempt nation , so not aware about that

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
copper said:
hi to all,
a request regarding BOWP

thanks

If you have not received your BOWP within a few days of your IEC visa expiring, then it's worth submitting a BOWP application (by mail) without your AOR. You would need to include a letter of explanation containing evidence that you have applied for PR and a request that they use your UCI# to check for your AOR at the time of processing the BOWP. You wouldn't need to call them to advise them. Plenty of people have done this, myself included.

I recommend applying for the BOWP by mail because it takes longer and therefore buys you a little more time to get the AOR. You would need to apply via recorded mail to give you proof that your application arrived at the CIC office in Vegreville AB before your IEC visa expires.

If doing a border run is inconvenient, you could always pay and apply for a visitor permit online. Though if you do submit a BOWP application before your IEC expires, then you will have implied status and can remain in the country until your application is approved/denied.

Technically, you cannot extend an IEC visa and therefore you cannot continue to work whilst your BOWP is being processed. At the time, I was unaware that I technically couldn't work and so continued to do so. It didn't cause me any problems and my PR went through OK. In my opinion, it's something of a grey area; you will certainly read varied views on the subject here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

copper

Jan 11, 2015
thanks arowberry and aj

really appreciated guys, arrowberry may be i will ask you other info if needed, coz u seem like me on iec, thanks again and good luck

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
copper said:
thanks arowberry and aj

really appreciated guys, arrowberry may be i will ask you other info if needed, coz u seem like me on iec, thanks again and good luck
Not a problem. I've copies a couple of my previous posts regarding BOWP's which cover your situation. Some information might be a bit out of date (like processing times), but feel free to ask away.

I applied for the BOWP by mail without my AOR and received my BOWP. The key is to include a letter of explanation and have enough time so that you get your AOR before CIC get round to processing your BOWP application.

Providing your BOWP application is received at Vegreville before your current work permit expires, you will have 'implied status' until the BOWP is processed, and therefore you can continue working. Send the application by recorded mail just in case you ever need to prove that it was at Vegreville before your current work permit expires.

I have pasted this a couple of times before, fire away with any questions.

Bridging Open Work Permit applications take about 60 days to process when received by mail. They take around 19 days when submitted online. Applying by mail will give you a better chance of having your AOR by the time they see your BOWP application. Obviously these processing times are approximate and can change.

You will need:
(1) Form IMM5710E.
(2) Full passport copy, e.g. photocopy every page of your passport.
(3) Receipt for payment (you can pay online).
(4) Letter of Explanation.

In theory, you need passport photos as well, although this seems to be only an online requirement. My application was fine without them.

Some common questions about IMM5710E:

Q: 'I am applying for one or more of the following', which should I choose?
A: Choose one of 'A work permit with the same employer' and 'An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer'. It doesn't matter which, you just need one of them to be able to validate the form. Once you have printed the form, check the other one as well.

Q: 'If applicable, provide the document number of the most recent Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit issued to you.'
A: My number began with a 'U' and is on the top right of the permit. There is main code boxed, but the printed U number just below. This may vary for an LMO permit, but I doubt it.

Q: I want an open permit, what employment info should I include?
A: On the 'Details of Intended Work in Canada' section, answer 1a with 'Open Work Permit'. Leave blank questions 2 - 7; as your requested permit is open, employment doesn't matter. Make sure to answer question 8 though.

How do I pay for the permit?

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp Select 'Temporary Residence', then 'Work Permit (including extensions)'. On the next screen follow the instructions for 'You can only use this option if submitting a paper application.'.

Letter of Explanation:

Adjust the letter somewhat, but it should be something like:

Client ID: XXXX XXXX
Date: November 07, 2014

Citizenship & Immigration – Work Permit
CPC – Vegreville
6212 55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, Alberta, T9C 1X6

Re: Application for Bridging Open Work Permit

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find enclosed my application for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP).
My current closed work permit is due to expire November 17, 2014. By submitting this application, I understand that I will be on implied status until a decision is made.
I submitted an application for Permanent Residency (PR) under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) on XXXX XX, 2014. At the date of this application, I have not yet received the Acknowledgement of Receipt, however I expect to receive this in the near future.
As I do not currently have my AoR, I kindly ask that at the time of processing my application for the BOWP, that you check my CEC application status and AoR under my Client ID XXXX-XXXX, or contact me to request a copy of the AoR.

Thank you for your consideration,
Sincerely,
Jimmy Cricket

Send to:

CPC Vegreville
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Don't fold any of the paperwork. Use recorded mail.

Links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5710E.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/vegreville.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

The questionnaire to get the relevant application package can be a bit of a ball ache. I believe these are some of the important responses you should give to get the correct application package:

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work.

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Permanently.

What is your current country of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada.

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker.

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).
Yes.

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes.

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes.

Do you have a written job offer?
No.

Employer contact/offer letters are not required for the BOWP. As it's an open work permit, requiring employment proof would be a little redundant.

Hope that helps.

copper

Jan 11, 2015
HEY AROWBERRY,
thanks man, u gave a real support, thanks to you, i called cic and there is a good news, i just called cic @ 8882422100 and after checking with my client id n. a very gentle lady confirmed me that i am already eligible for BOWP, but she also suggested to send a paper application and she told me that there is a backlog for AOR and she ensure me that i will receive aor may be in upcoming month. she also gave me a file number starting with E0000000000.

OK, now i will do right away my paper application, please help
what is first step to do a paper app ? i have to go to mycic ? or download directly a imm5710e on my pc and print that after filling ?
what about photos and payment ??
following address is correct ???
Citizenship & Immigration – Work Permit
CPC – Vegreville
6212 – 55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB, T9C 1X6

please do share any other valueable experience you want to or some suggestions, thanks again man

i am from calgary and may be choose canada post with a tracking solution.

copper

Jan 11, 2015
sorry for questions arrowberry,
i just saw your big post ..
i think there is everything instead of photos ..
thanks bud

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
Hey guys - anyone know anything about the travel itinerary request? It seems to be an online thing...

Why is applying for BOWP required to submit an itinerary?? Makes no sense..

Document: Itinerary, Travel

You must provide a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available, and/or the itinerary of your visit (proposed route of your journey.)

vinalm

Feb 22, 2015
AJ28 said:
Ws that paper/online application?
Ws that with/without Aor ?
Ws that same/new employer ?

Did u ask call center agent if you can apply trv in any way before u receive actual copy ?
And y u hv to wait till may , ur 90 days shouldn't b counted from 18 december
Online application with AOR and same employer. No I didn't ask. Probably will ask the next time I call them. Since they already took an action for my case (by sending an e-mail to the processing center) on Feb 9, as per them they can't take any further action for the next 90 days and that takes me to May. That's why I am looking for some other channel to contact CIC.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Hello Friends
Do anyone know the latest applicant getting BOWP?