+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
1,251
36
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
ozmatwork said:
I am applying for BOWP online and I find myself soooo confused right now. (I have received my AOR already btw)

1. Question number 3- what will I tick? same employer or new employer? (I saw one who said choose both, but the form is telling me I can't choose both)
For an open work permit this question doesn't really have any effect - just choose one or the other.

For closed permit holders, what this question is asking is whether this is an application for an extension (it isn't).

ozmatwork said:
2. I've been reading threads and they say leave the employer details N/A and put BOWP application, is that right?
Leave them blank entirely. If you have selected "Open Work Permit" as the permit type, the form will allow you to leave certain details blank (unlike other permit types).

If you prefer not to leave blank fields, then do put N/A. My suggestion would be to first make sure the form 'validates' with any inapplicable fields left blank. If you have to put filler text in some fields to make the form validate successfully, it's likely that those questions require a real response.

ozmatwork said:
3. When I finished the questionnaire, the website is only asking the IMM5710 , Passport or travel document and Digital Photo. What about my AOR and explanation letter where will I upload it?
Is there no option to upload a letter of explanation?
 

CAPRIJIT

Member
Jan 20, 2014
13
0
Currently I am on BOWP. Do I need to apply for VISA ? I am waiting for my MR though and I am not expected to leave the country till decision is made on PR.

Thanks
 

dizon09

Hero Member
Jan 16, 2013
214
15
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2133
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
CAPRIJIT said:
Currently I am on BOWP. Do I need to apply for VISA ? I am waiting for my MR though and I am not expected to leave the country till decision is made on PR.

Thanks
Hi, if you're not planning to leave the country, there's no need to apply for TRV.
 

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
1,453
208
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
dizon09 said:
Hi, if you're not planning to leave the country, there's no need to apply for TRV.
I beleive he will back before PR card delivery that's reason he is asking ;D ;D
 

ozmatwork

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
71
0
Hi Seniors! I need you help or somewhat advise on my situation.

I applied for CEC and received my AOR last April, My work permit is expiring on Nov. 21, 2014.
Here's the catch, I know I am eligible to apply for BOWP. With the grace or our Lord I received an LMO yesterday with my new NOC code. (because my employer applied an LMO because my PR has not been approved yet)

Why new NOC code? ---> My employer wanted to give me a raise and change my job title from 1211 to 2253.
I applied CEC under 1211 NOC code.

Questions;

1.) Will I apply for a Closed work permit using my new LMO or just wait in August to apply for BOWP?

2.) Since I applied under 1211 code in CEC will there be any problem if I change my code? Since it is a promotion?
 

Matt the Aussie

Hero Member
Mar 27, 2014
269
12
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
ozmatwork said:
Hi Seniors! I need you help or somewhat advise on my situation.

I applied for CEC and received my AOR last April, My work permit is expiring on Nov. 21, 2014.
Here's the catch, I know I am eligible to apply for BOWP. With the grace or our Lord I received an LMO yesterday with my new NOC code. (because my employer applied an LMO because my PR has not been approved yet)

Why new NOC code? ---> My employer wanted to give me a raise and change my job title from 1211 to 2253.
I applied CEC under 1211 NOC code.

Questions;

1.) Will I apply for a Closed work permit using my new LMO or just wait in August to apply for BOWP?

2.) Since I applied under 1211 code in CEC will there be any problem if I change my code? Since it is a promotion?
1. I don't know if it makes a difference but it appears you qualify either way for a new WP.

2. As your promotion came AFTER you applied for PR, it will have no effect on your file.
 

dizon09

Hero Member
Jan 16, 2013
214
15
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2133
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
BOWP not yet approved but we already received our passports & ready for landing.
 

ezcec

Full Member
Apr 19, 2014
34
0
Hi,

I will become eligible to apply for BOWP in end of July and my work permit is expiring in November.

I have heard that validity of BOWP is only one year and no guarantee of extension.

Can anyone please advise me if I should apply right away when I am eligible or should i wait till september to give me more time until PR?

Waiting makes more sense but want to make sure I am not missing any reason why I should apply right away when I become eligible.
 

Matt the Aussie

Hero Member
Mar 27, 2014
269
12
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
The idea is that, for 99% of people, it will not take longer than 12 months from the time you receive the AOR to the time you get PR status.
 

milleth082002

Hero Member
Oct 30, 2011
383
5
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
dizon09 said:
BOWP not yet approved but we already received our passports & ready for landing.
Hi Dizon! Just need an advice. Our AOR received June 6 2013 (13 months now), ECAS status: Medical received July 12, 2014 until no DM. Our WP will expires on Sept 9, 2014, should we need to apply now for BOWP because it seems that CIC might waiting for us to file BOWP before they will issue DM for us. In some articles here those WP soon to expire had a hard time getting DM but once they file and pay for BOWP, decision will come out. Please I need advice or should I wait till end of this July before we apply for BOWP.
 

Matt the Aussie

Hero Member
Mar 27, 2014
269
12
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
The WP and the PR processes are completely separate and handled by 2 completely separate officers in 2 completely separate locations.

They may have access to the same systems, but one doesn't affect the other at all.
 

milleth082002

Hero Member
Oct 30, 2011
383
5
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
Matt the Aussie said:
The WP and the PR processes are completely separate and handled by 2 completely separate officers in 2 completely separate locations.

They may have access to the same systems, but one doesn't affect the other at all.
thank you, probably i should wait till end of this month to file bowp. Hoping DM very very soon....