+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Seniors,

I got my Open WP. My Wife have Visitor Permit (for same time period as I have) so can she also apply for Spousal Open WP now ?

Please help

-Thanks

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
Hi seniors,
we already got PPR but we still haven't received our BOWP filed May 22.
Will we still received the BOWP since PPR is on the way?

julcy

Mar 30, 2014
Firstly I applied for my BOWP in early June and received it successfully near the end of June. :)

Questions now as they have changed the law for TFW work year limit from 4 years to 2....Does that affect BOWP?

Say I don't get my PR before my BOWP expires and I have to renew..

Or say my bf is about to apply for PR, and has already worked more than 2 years, will he be denied BOWP?

Has anyone experienced this yet :eek: Does the TFW changes even affect those applying for PR?

Yssa

Jul 13, 2014
Hi, i hope somebody can answer me, i applied for an open wp last April 18th thru online but until now i didn't hear anything from them, i've been trying to call the immigration to verify the status of my application and they always tell me that it is in process, my wp will expire next month they said i'm going to have that implied status if the decision is not made yet. I resent some documents that i submitted to Vegreville immigration 3 weeks ago but still nothing happened, & no response still. I am thinking about the medical sheet that i submitted was incorrect, it was just the info sheet. Not a proof that i'm done with medicals. I applied thru the Ainp strategic stream. My application was received on December 26, 2013. They asked me to pay for my RpRf a day before my medicals which was February 11, 2014 (medicals) when i sent the receipt i didn't receive any reply from the Cio and i just resent it last June 10 ( the only time i received a response ) so now i'm just worried of what's going on with my open wp.. Please help thank you in advance God bless!

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
Hi All,

i am applying for BOWP online, during filing the form 5710E, there is a question 2c on page four, which says,

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

Should i select YES or NO?

My situation: I have applied for study permit from my back home in 2009, i got study permit of 2 year then i got PGWP of 3 year. My PGWP of 3 year expiring next month.

Please reply ASAP

Thanks in Advance.

SKSKSK

Jun 20, 2014
After more than a month of waiting, I got on the phone with one of CIC's call centre agents today, and he told me that my BOWP online application is approved, but that the approval isn't yet reflected on MyCIC because they haven't actually printed the document. Anyone biting off their fingernails waiting for an email may want to consider that as a possibility.

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Hello Everybody,

I will apply for my BOWP (paper application), and would like to know if :

1) Do I need to send any explanation letter mentioning OB485-A along with a copy of my CEC file number? Does anyone has a draft?

2) Do I have to send picture? How many?

3) I am married. Do I have to send a copy of marriage certificate? If yes, why do they need this info if I am applying for myself only?

Thank you!!! ;)

fenwick100

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
I posted in another forum but it seems i should have posted in here, anyway...

My last visa ended in May 2014 and i have just managed to send off my application for PR through the CEC class, i have now left Canada and am back in Europe. A friend of a friend apparently applied for an open work permit once he got to the medical stage of the application. I was curious as to whether this was 1) true and 2) how i would go about it?

Some people have informed me that all you need is an AOR, but i was always led to believe that you 'Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;' which obviously i do not have therefore believeing i was never eligible for any kind of bridging work permit.

If anybody has any information, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
fenwick100 said:
I posted in another forum but it seems i should have posted in here, anyway...

My last visa ended in May 2014 and i have just managed to send off my application for PR through the CEC class, i have now left Canada and am back in Europe. A friend of a friend apparently applied for an open work permit once he got to the medical stage of the application. I was curious as to whether this was 1) true and 2) how i would go about it?

Some people have informed me that all you need is an AOR, but i was always led to believe that you 'Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;' which obviously i do not have therefore believeing i was never eligible for any kind of bridging work permit.

If anybody has any information, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
You need to have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months and AOR. If you are not currently working in Canada then you cannot apply for BOWP.

fenwick100

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Toronto2013 said:
You need to have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months and AOR. If you are not currently working in Canada then you cannot apply for BOWP.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah that is what i figured. I guess this idea that you can get some kind of work visa after the medical exam is nonsense then?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
fenwick100 said:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah that is what i figured. I guess this idea that you can get some kind of work visa after the medical exam is nonsense then?
Well..CIC website is very clear on the conditions to be met for BOWP...

lemon_edz

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 07, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2014
hi..

just wanna ask if an AINP file# alone be ok to use for applying BOWP..

thanks

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
Hi,

I received my AOR today, and my paper application for BOWP was sent 3 weeks ago. I just checked the current timeline for processing work permit by mail has been shortened to 32 days.

For those who have successfully applied by paper application, I wonder if you have got email about the results before receiving the actual work permit?

Thanks for answering!

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
Nope, the Work Permit just shows up by mail at your designated address. And it's just the WP in a Canada government envelope...no cover letter, nothing else.

ozmatwork

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
sorry for the redundancy, I just find it confusing because of the information I've been reading. I just need help... :)

Question:

I am applying for BOWP online and I find myself soooo confused right now. (I have received my AOR already btw)

1. Question number 3- what will I tick? same employer or new employer? (I saw one who said choose both, but the form is telling me I can't choose both)

2. I've been reading threads and they say leave the employer details N/A and put BOWP application, is that right?

3. When I finished the questionnaire, the website is only asking the IMM5710 , Passport or travel document and Digital Photo. What about my AOR and explanation letter where will I upload it?

Thanks and God Bless all!