+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP concern

Nantu85

Apr 29, 2014
Hi, sorry for making another thread on this subject but I'm kind of nervous.

So I applied on Apr 3, on Apr 9 I got an email said my application was updated but when I checked MyCIC there was nothing, it's still in "Submitted" state. Haven't heard anything since.

I saw a thread the other day that a member applied on Apr 9 and he/she already got approved, that's why I'm freaking out here.

Anyone has any inputs on this? Did anyone ever got their BOWP without approve email or status change on MyCIC???

Thanks.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Nantu85 said:

So I applied on Apr 3, on Apr 9 I got an email said my application was updated but when I checked MyCIC there was nothing, it's still in "Submitted" state. Haven't heard anything since.

I saw a thread the other day that a member applied on Apr 9 and he/she already got approved, that's why I'm freaking out here.

Anyone has any inputs on this? Did anyone ever got their BOWP without approve email or status change on MyCIC???

Thanks.
First of all, the processing times posted on the CIC website are average processing times - hence, some applications
will be processed faster and some slower than that.
There will always be applications being processed faster than yours.
The email you're talking about is a known glitch and applicants sometimes receive emails without there being
any updates on their application. All you can do is check your MyCIC account regularly and wait for your application
to get approved. There's nothing else you can do.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Nantu85 said:

Thanks.
You may call CIC help center and verify status of your application. It is possible that they can provide more details on your application than available on-line.

swathi461

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014: APP. Received=22-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting???
flapmyp said:
is it ok to apply for bowp after 1st may? does the new rule affect the bowp?
We didnt get any new rule under CEC.Only change they made is reset the application limit i,e 8000 from may1st-----april 30th 2014.So you can apply for Bowp when you get AOR.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Nantu85 said:
Thanks guys, I'll wait till end of this week, if nothing happen I'll call them on Monday.
hey,
i applied on 7th April got approved on 23th of April and got hard copy 29th April..

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Nantu85 said:
Ok so I have to call them now, this is ridiculous.
What they're going to tell you is, that processing times vary. Some applications are being processed
faster than others, some slower. Patience is the key.

Nantu85

Apr 29, 2014
well, I called them this morning and the guy said he would send a note to CIC or something. Then my file got approved this afternoon.
Thanks for your helps guys.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
Nantu85 said:
well, I called them this morning and the guy said he would send a note to CIC or something. Then my file got approved this afternoon.
Thanks for your helps guys.
Magic. ;)