+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Border updates

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
even if we get approved of the study permit we will have wait and see if our college or university has a covid-19 readiness plan in place. IRCC should have the list of those institutions in a couple days.

Reactions: Ppun and azzamkc

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I am ecstatic, I'm a very confident Bishop's University will have passed the covid readiness tests, as it has an entire residence currently empty and used in August for returning international and incoming US students. There will be at least 100 incoming international students waiting to come to Quebec and currently doing the lousy online studies in the middle of the night. I've already written to the international office to ask for anything they are allowed to tell me about the covid readiness.

What is not clear is if you actually need an approved study permit + Port of Entry letter, as my daughter's permit in her GCMS notes was approved 22nd June, a webform has already been sent. I'd hope the relevant students at universities which get on the covid readiness list will finally get their permits approved and the 18th March rule will no longer apply to them - it is clear in the announcement that it is no longer US students allowed to enter but all international students, so I hope this 18th March rule will be lifted for all and that permits will be approved according to where studies are located.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Hello guys. Please kindly explain me is this news for students who have aip or for those who have approved permit?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hello guys. Please kindly explain me is this news for students who have aip or for those who have approved permit?
It's for all potential students. Wait for your study permit to be approved and wait to see the change in wording of what constitutes "essential travel" and which DLIs get on the "covid readiness" list.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Even if they open the borders, one first needs a TRV which can only be issued when VACs open.

For Indians, this may only happen in Nov as the VACs remain closed in Oct.

Bbngeorge

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Even if they open the borders, one first needs a TRV which can only be issued when VACs open.

For Indians, this may only happen in Nov as the VACs remain closed in Oct.
Those who got passport request from March haven't got their passport stamped. Only few students who applied non SDS will be going because they got their passport stamped and been sent to their home. I got my passport request on May 19. One of my friend who applied non SDS got his visa after 4 months than me on August. Now he may go and I will be sitting ... ridiculous...

Sep 15, 2020
Those who got passport request from March haven't got their passport stamped. Only few students who applied non SDS will be going because they got their passport stamped and been sent to their home. I got my passport request on May 19. One of my friend who applied non SDS got his visa after 4 months than me on August. Now he may go and I will be sitting ... ridiculous...
Hmmm hi, not sure if it will works, but you can stamp your visa at any VAC offices in the world. Maybe you can mail your passport to a VAC another country?