+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boncuk, Rorita, Rasha, Boujasim AT LAST PASSPORT REQUEST LETTER :0)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hello everyone,

I received an email regarding my husband application. Do you think he is accepted or not yet.
The following is what I received.

|

Date: July 12, 2009

Dear xxxxxxxxx

REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send ORIGINAL valid passport, for yourself, to our office in Damascus, Syria. Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passport MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter. You are strongly encouraged to send your passport via courier to avoid wait times at the Embassy.

EXPECTED VISA EXPIRY DATE:

If a visa is issued, it will be given the MAXIMUM VALIDITY of 12-MAR-2010. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date, it cannot be extended or renewed.

SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT VIA COURRIER:

Please send your passport via commercial courier to:

Visa Section

Canadian Embassy

Autostrade Mezze

Lot 12, Near Alrazi Hospital

Damascus, Syria

(963-11) 611-6692

Your passport must be submitted directly to the Embassy of Canada in Beirut at the address below:

43 Jal el Dib Highway, Coolrite Building
P.O. Box 60163
Beirut, Lebanon

Telephone: (961-4) 713-900 / 710-576
Fax: (961-4) 710-594
Email: berut-im@international.gc.ca

Please note that the service hours of our embassy in Beirut are as follows

Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 11:00 (by appointment only)
Monday to Thursday: 13:00 – 15:00 (general inquiries and submission of additional documents)

Please enclose the following:

- Original passport for yourself.

- 2 recent photos (35 mm x 45 mm, white background) for yourself.

- If you prefer to send and receive your passport by courier it is your responsibility to make the appropriate arrangements with the company of your choice. The Embassy of Canada neither requires nor recommends that you use any particular courier; we have no special arrangements with any courier company. We have been informed that many courier companies are not able to deliver passports from Iran to the Embassy in Damascus; however, several applicants have reported that Aramex was able to send and receive passports with no apparent difficulty.

SUBMIT PASSPORT IN PERSON IN DAMASCUS:

Alternatively, you can approach the Canadian Embassy in Damascus with valid passport and two recent photos (35 mm X 45 mm, white background) for yourself.

Passports may be submitted Sunday to Tuesday from 9:30 am to 10:30 am. You will NOT be able to collect your Passports/Visas the same day. Passports/Visas can only be collected on Wednesdays at 2:30 pm. When you submit your passport, you will be informed of the return date and time.

Please present this email to the guards when you arrive. If you arrive late, you will be required to wait in the queue to submit your documents.

**NOTE: You can authorise a third person to collect your visa. The authorised person must present a letter of consent (see below) and identification.

Sincerely,

Visa Section / REZ

Please let me know what you think................ I still can't believe it.....

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I think congratulations are in order. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

This probably means the visa is ready to be issued. Send in that passport and hopefully you'll get it back asap. Good luck! :)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Thank you Mitamata, I'm so happy but let's wait and see..I don't want to believe it until I see the visa in my eyes.
The good think I'm going to visit my husband in September but hopefully we can come back together.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
MARLENA said:
Thank you Mitamata, I'm so happy but let's wait and see..I don't want to believe it until I see the visa in my eyes.
The good think I'm going to visit my husband in September but hopefully we can come back together.
Lets be positive and hope for the best. Wanted to know when was the medical done for the application ? Did you submit the medical with the application or afterward they requested it?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Thank you Zainee.
Everything was done at the time when I submitted the application.
Medical was done and police certificate as well.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
MARLENA said:
Thank you Zainee.
Actually I wanted to know the month you did medical. Actually my husband did medical in June 2009. So,just wanted to see the time line.Thank you.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations from the very bottom of our hearts! :)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
My husband did his medical in February 17,2009 in Canada while he was visiting. Police clearance received from my husband March 17 and sent with the application
Application sent to CIC-M March 31,2009
Application received April 1, 2009
Application approved April 15, 2009
AOR received May 17, 2009
Additional documents requested June 14,2009
Additional documents sent June 24,2009
Request of Passport July 12, 2009
Sending passport for sure July 14 and we will wait and see....
Hope that helps you...

Thanks Suin and good luck to you as well!!!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
OMFG!!!

lol I am happy for you. WoW. I better get mine next, or I will be really pissed! lol.

Marlena,

did they send the email to your address or to your hubby's address?? Please advise :).
That will be nice if you can bring him home with you when you visit.

I guess you dont need to order the CAIPS notes now :).

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hi Rasha,
How are you??? Long time no see.
Regarding the email they send it to my husband but they cc me as well. I was speechless when I called my husband.
If the visa is ready for sure he wants to come with me... I won't leave him alone
I'm sure you are next in line I swear I can feel it...
Good luck Rasha from the bottom of my heart and thanks again for all your help.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
MARLENA said:
My husband did his medical in February 17,2009 in Canada while he was visiting. Police clearance received from my husband March 17 and sent with the application
Application sent to CIC-M March 31,2009
Application received April 1, 2009
Application approved April 15, 2009
AOR received May 17, 2009
Additional documents requested June 14,2009
Additional documents sent June 24,2009
Request of Passport July 12, 2009
Sending passport for sure July 14 and we will wait and see....
Hope that helps you...

Thanks Suin and good luck to you as well!!!

Thank you so much for this. You are fabulous. Good luck with everything

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS!
Holy smokes thats awesome! You are done! You must be so happy....see nothing to worry about!

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
Hi Marlena, Congratulations! I am new here and this is what I read the first time I log-in It is very encouraging ;) I bet your husband is excited to be with you, as I can' t wait for mine.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Zainee said:
MARLENA said:
Thank you Zainee.
Actually I wanted to know the month you did medical. Actually my husband did medical in June 2009. So,just wanted to see the time line.Thank you.
WELCOME to my h*ll lol. It will take a long time - don't worry and stop being patient, coz really it will come when they want it come, not in an organized, timely and logical way lol. I am so cynical today really - sorry for that, but depending on your office, some ppl like RORITA, who is from Lebanon, but through Damascus took over 13 months....it's anyone's guess.

It will happen when they wake up or take their head's.............