+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOM->YVR via FRA - Connecting flight query

naird

Jun 5, 2022
Hi, my parents are flying to Vancouver from Mumbai airport. Connecting flight reserved through Air Canada with an hour's layover at Frankfurt. First leg of the journey is operated by Lufthansa and I had a few queries for anyone who has taken a similar flight:

1) My understanding is they do not need a transit Visa at Frankfurt airport since they have a valid Canadian visa. If anyone has flown recently, please confirm

2) Parents are fully vaccinated. Aside from carrying covid vaccination certificates and registering on ArriveCAN, is there anything else to bring along for while transiting through Frankfurt airport? I can understand the rules change but anyone who recently flew via Frankfurt?

3) Did anyone have issues navigating to the gates for the connecting flight at the same terminal in Frankfurt? They would only have an hour.

4) Since only 1 checked in baggage shows allowed when I booked through Air Canada, can we pay for the additional checked in baggage at the Lufthansa counter at Mumbai airport since that is the first leg of the journey?

5) Did anyone register to an arrival test? Is it advisable to do that before since it is random testing?

6) If for any reason, the first leg of the journey is delayed, does anyone know if the second flight is delayed take off or there are other arrangements?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.