BOGOTA Visa Office 2012 applicants

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to Dani_y28

you should have collected and sent all the supporting document at the beginning,
now it is too late to start sending them things piece by piece
if VO would would consider your marriage a "not genuine", they will ask you for an interview and then you can bring additional "proof"
just wait for your turn, until they will make the next move

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
jcb said:
to Dani_y28

you should have collected and sent all the supporting document at the beginning,
now it is too late to start sending them things piece by piece
if VO would would consider your marriage a "not genuine", they will ask you for an interview and then you can bring additional "proof"
just wait for your turn, until they will make the next move
I sent my lease, joint account and lots of pictures but that was when I used to live in Canada. I know they also wanted proof of how we keep up now in a long distance relationship, but I'm hoping what I sent in before is enough for them or wait and see if they require more. Thank you!

Ecuadorian

Sep 11, 2012
Hi everybody,
it's been a while,
well to update about my proccess,
I'm ecuadorian wife being sponsored by my canadian husband.
We got married on may 5, 2011
They received our papers at Visa Office in Canada on november 3, 2011
My husband was approved as sponsor on January 13, 2012
My case was sent to the Canadian Embassy in Bogota, Colombia on January 13,2012
I was asked an interviewed on November 28, 2012
I went to the interview with my husband because he came to visit me to Ecuador for a second time in August, 2012. The interview was very easy, they mostly asked about me, my education, as well my religion because I'm a muslim revert since I was 19 but I met my husband when I was 21 on the internet, so most of their question were actually focus on my religion and how my non muslim family reacted to my religion and my marriage with a muslim...I replied their question and they were satisfied with the answers.
I had to redo my medical exams on November 29, 2012.
Finally on January 15, 2013 they asked me to send my passport.
I sent my passport on January 18, 2013 by a service called servientrega, which is the same service they use to send me letters.
They got the passport on January 16, 2013.
Now I'm waiting for getting my passport back with the visa God willing.
I don't know how long it will take them to send it back to me.
Any idea how long this can take???
When I was interviewed, I asked about how long it takes, the officer told me they just keep the passport for few days and then send it back with the visa but he also told me that the office in bogota had many delays in their process because of some family tragedies that some of the officers had so I don't know if things are getting any faster this year, any idea?? I would appreciate if you can share with me times that has taken to get the passport back with the visa..

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think, you have mixed up the dates a little bit here:

I sent my passport on January 18, 2013 by a service called servientrega, which is the same service they use to send me letters.

As for your question about how long it will take, my best guess is, that it will get done in about 2-3 weeks.

Do you have more info on the mentioned "delays because of some family tragedies that some of the officers had" ???

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
19-06-2012 (Mississauga). 06-11-2012 (Bogota).
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
jcb said:
I think, you have mixed up the dates a little bit here:

As for your question about how long it will take, my best guess is, that it will get done in about 2-3 weeks.

Do you have more info on the mentioned "delays because of some family tragedies that some of the officers had" ???
I agree. 2-3 weeks, but I think some have been longer, however it probably averages out to 2-3 weeks.

C_O

Nov 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Interview........
20-02-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
I received some great news today..My husband received a letter saying he has his interview feb 20th :D ..

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be asked for an interview, I would not call it a "great news", because if everything is fine, normally no interview needed !
The VO usually wants the interview, when they are not convinced if the applicant's marriage is "genuine"
Your husband needs to prepare very well for his "interrogation", and collect all the not already submitted supporting records:
-letters, -photos, -phone records, -e-mails, -chats records, -payment receipts, -airline bookings/tickets, -passport pages, etc....
You have mentioned earlier that you wanted to ask for the GSM notes, did you received them ?
(they would be useful now, but now not enough time left to get them !)

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In assessing the genuineness of a marriage, the Immigration Office usually considers a broad range of factors including:

-how the couple met and how the relationship evolved,
-the duration of the relationship and the amount of time spent together prior to the wedding,
-the nature of the engagement and/or wedding ceremony,
-the intent of the parties to the marriage,
-the evidence of ongoing contact and communication before and after the marriage,
-the spouses' conduct after the wedding,
-the level of knowledge of each other's relationship histories,
-the provision of financial support,
-the partners' families' knowledge of and involvement in the relationship,
-the knowledge of and contact with extended families of the parties,
-the level of knowledge about each other's daily lives,
-plans and arrangements for the future

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
19-06-2012 (Mississauga). 06-11-2012 (Bogota).
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
C_O said:
I received some great news today..My husband received a letter saying he has his interview feb 20th :D ..
Here is a link to sample immigration interview questions. I'd suggest you read through them to help you prepare for the interview.

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-immigration-interview/

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
C_O said:
that is great that they are working on your file....interviews are standard in many many VO's so do not stress...but do go over the questions posted above.......some of them seem silly and are not applicable but if your spouse can answer most of these easily and truly then he will have no problems.......myh usband had an interview....he is cuban......it was 2 hours and the majority of questions ask where that on the list!!!!

many many times the interview is because the agent who is handling your file prefers them.......

good luck!!! ;D

C_O

Nov 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Interview........
20-02-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
jcb said:
To be asked for an interview, I would not call it a "great news", because if everything is fine, normally no interview needed !
The VO usually wants the interview, when they are not convinced if the applicant's marriage is "genuine"
Your husband needs to prepare very well for his "interrogation", and collect all the not already submitted supporting records:
-letters, -photos, -phone records, -e-mails, -chats records, -payment receipts, -airline bookings/tickets, -passport pages, etc....
You have mentioned earlier that you wanted to ask for the GSM notes, did you received them ?
(they would be useful now, but now not enough time left to get them !)
Well..we are preparing all the papers, photographs, phone bills, everything needed..and i know he will do great in his interview because it is a genuine relationship..PlUS i know is not the first person to get an interview nor the last one..and he will end up getting his visa soon. We applied 7 months ago..and i have seen a lot of movement in our process..so in our case..whether theres an interview or not..i do think it is great news..thanks for the info :)

C_O

Nov 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Interview........
20-02-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
ccunnington said:
Here is a link to sample immigration interview questions. I'd suggest you read through them to help you prepare for the interview.

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-immigration-interview/
Thank youuu! :)

C_O

Nov 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Interview........
20-02-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
KJG said:
that is great that they are working on your file....interviews are standard in many many VO's so do not stress...but do go over the questions posted above.......some of them seem silly and are not applicable but if your spouse can answer most of these easily and truly then he will have no problems.......myh usband had an interview....he is cuban......it was 2 hours and the majority of questions ask where that on the list!!!!

many many times the interview is because the agent who is handling your file prefers them.......

good luck!!! ;D
I have read some of the questions and yes there are some silly lol but i will show my husband the link either way so he can prepare. Im sure he will do great! Im so happy! Thank youu :)

I was looking at your times..and i see that your husband got his visa the same day of the interview?..hopefully my husband doesnt get asked to do his meds again..(they expire in april) and if he could get his visa the same day of the interview..i would die of happiness lol. Im going to to colombia in march for 5 weeks and i would love to be able to come back to canada with him the same day :)

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get his visa the same day of the interview????

maybe it happened once in Havana, Cuba but I can not see it happening in Bogota , Colombia !
also Havana has 10 months processing time, while Bogota has 17 months

C_O

Nov 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012