Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Well lets hope our applications go through without a hitch and before the 17 month period! I would love to spend Christmas with my family next year!

cinc

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
Hello,
My husband is going for his medical exam tomorrow morning and we can't find where we wrote the cost of it down. Does anyone know? He's going first for lab work, then chest x-ray, then doctor. Does he have to pay at all three places separately or just once to the doctor? Thank you!

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Sept. 13, 2013 background check
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Did not wait for them to be requested
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Not sure, we haven't done the exam yet, but when my husband called the doctors a few months ago they quoted him like 300 000 pesos or so, and I think that was for everything.

cinc

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
My husband finished the exam and together they were all $295.000 and paid all at the same place. In the email it says we need to translate everything to English and then send to the embassy in "regular mail." Does this mean we have to translate the receipt from the police check and medical check along with the notarized military card? Also, is Servientrega considered "regular mail?" Thank you!

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Honestly, I have no idea as we're not there yet. I would assume you have to translate it since everything else had to be, but I never thought of that. And actually didn't see that anyone mentioned that here. I don't know how regular mail works down here... And honestly I wouldn't trust it. But now that I'm thinking, doesn't the doctor send the results directly to the embassy and same with the background check? So you wouldn't have to send anything, or translate anything?

caman05

Aug 12, 2013
URGENT! Bogota VO passport request..sending them from abroad;;HELP!!!!

HI EVERY ONE, Thanks for reading and for your replies.

As the topic says our sponsorship application is in the visa office in Bogota. We already sent all the paperwork and just took the medical exams a month ago in USA through an authorize medical office.. the visa office received the results already..

This is the situation...I know the next step is to request the passports. The problem that I am having is that I am not in Colombia, which is where the application was submitted. I am in the USA and for some personal reasons I can't travel back to Colombia now when they request the passport. So I am planning to send passport to Colombia via a fedex for example and them have them return back to me from Colombia to the USA by a family member or friend, and from the USA travel directly to Canada.

Now my question is this.. I know that there are a lot of people with a similar situation. I don't know if this is legal to do and this is why I ask.. now what other options do I have? Can I send them with a family member and a notarize affidavit giving them the authorization to do so?!

I need the experience from people who has done a similar thing and everything went fine.. or just whoever has an answer for this.

Your honest answer will be enormously appreciated!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!! Smiley

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
The only form that I sent for my sponsored wife for the medical results was IMM1017scle which is already translated to English. On the form itself a recent photo of my wife needed to be attached, the form needed to be signed by the accredited doctor and the doctor put a stamp on the form. The actual results of the test will be forwarded to the embassy by the actual doctor once the embassy requests it. Thanks.

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Spetroun, did you have to send that form to the embassy and then the doctor sends the results separately? We will probably do the medicos next month before they request them to save some time, so just want to be prepared.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hi Cancol I just spoke to my wife and forget what I mentioned during my last post. The form that I mentioned was the incorrect one because I was doing an outland application. IMM1017scle is only for inland applications. Thank God the doctor that did all the tests new what he was doing. He did all the tests on my wife and gave her a form that I had to send in with all the other documentation. On this form she still had to attach a photo of herself. The doctor who is performing the test should have these forms in the office.
When Bogota visa office sees this form they then request all the results from the doctor that performed the tests.

And by coincidence ECAS is showing that medical results have been recieved. It just got updated today. There looking at the file..1 step closer for me.

Thanks.

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Oh that's awesome they received them. We're applying Outland too, me and my husband are both living in bogota. Since I've already sent in all our paperwork, i now would send in that form and the doctor would send in the medical results for us... and could i courier the form to them? Oh and I've checked the waiting times for the bogota office and it has gone down from 17 months to 15 ;D. I've seen some of the timelines on here and some have been done in a year or so, how great would it be if we were all home next summer!!

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
It would be awesome if we can all get it done by the beginning of summer. I would actually prefer that so my wife can slowly get accustomed to the seasonal changes. :) Where are you from in Canada? I am from Toronto and my wife is from Envigado near Medellin. Take care.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hi Cancol you can courier the medical form but make sure you attach something (letter) or so that mentions your Immigration file number so they can match it up. Thanks

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Hello everyone:

I am a Colombian/EU PR (Permanent Resident) living abroad with my wife Canadian/EU citizen. Our application is under Spousal Sponsorship.

I had applied in the past for the Canadian refugee system from 2007 until 2011, but it was rejected.

We are a little confused about the requirement from the VO: •Copy of PIF, Personal Information form and narrative. This must be received at this office by: 09/12/2013

And this is our timeline: IN PROCESS

1.We received your application for permanent residence on March 4, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on July 8, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received

Thanks again,

Canadian-Colombian