+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOGOTA Visa Office 2012 applicants

Natalia5673

Sep 24, 2012
Hi will , im pretty much done with thise whole process my arc is the last step and i will be sending it tomorrow so if i can be of any help let me know since i see we have a very similar case. What i will tell you is that i sent EVERYTHING in with the application my fbi check,medicals,passport pictures, whats holding me back was that i didnt do the colombian criminal record check ( it has to be done once youve been in colombia for more than six months) so while your waiting please get your wife to do the colombian criminal record check to have that ready. since your wife was also deported i dont want to freak you out but she will mostly likely get an interview and its no big deal just be prepared with extra evidence, the interview will mostly be about why she got deported or atleast thats how mine went. As for the canada criminal record check i did it while bieng in canada so i dont know much about how it done here in colombia

Hi C_0

I will put up the link that explain how to pay for the arc once i find it !
For the arc you have to make a letter explaining why you should be allowed to re enter canada and send that in with the recipt of payment.

I probably wont be going on this forum as much but if i can be of help to anyone here is my email natalia5673@hotmail.com

will0624

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
thanks for your reply we sent the colombian background check but i was not aware of the fbi check can you please tell me how i can obtain that and also she'll need one from canada?
thanks a lot for your help

Natalia5673

Sep 24, 2012
what she needs from canada is the RCMP check, she needs it if shes been in Canada more that 6 months hope that helps
i have the link with all the info but its not letting me post it on here

I also have the link for anyone that needs information on how to pay for the ARC

will0624

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
sorry for so many questions lol she lived in the USA from when she was 7 until she was 16 would she need a check from there too and is it possible if you email me the links and one more thing can she send the arc before she is asked for it? thanks for your help
my email is west@live.com

canadasoon2013

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogotá
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-04-2013. 19-04-2013. 29-04-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
Hi Guyssssss!!!

Great news for us. I received an emal from the VO in Bogotá requesting my passport! That means my Visa is readyyyyyy!!! ;) We applied last November 19th, 2012. I got the Passport Request exactly 8 weeks after I was requested the payment of my Police Check. It was exactly 7 months and 1 weeks waiting. That was really quick! :D The problem now is that I am in Germany and am leaving until August 21. I read I cannot simply send my passport to Colombia by courier and then get it back in Germany. I think that is kind of illegal. Therefore, I will have to travel as son as possible. I can't wait! ;)

If you guys can help me with this issue of the passport (is that illegal to send it to Colombia from Germany?) and if you all have any questions lemme know. I will be around! :D

Finalllllyyyyyyyy!!! I will reunite my babe in Canada! :D

canadasoon2013

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogotá
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-04-2013. 19-04-2013. 29-04-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
02-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
Hi guys. I have an urgent question and hope you can give me some good advice.

I applied outland in Colombia and got my passport request last Friday. The problem is that right now I am in Germany and I am coming back to Bogotá (Colombia) until August 21st. Do you know if I can have problems if I send the passport until I come to Colombia? Sending it from here is kind of illegal. It can be done only in Bogota and the tickets as well as changing the date of them is really expensive due to the summer season. The email states that I have time until may 2014, but it states also that I should send it "as soon as possible". Should I wait until August? What if I have problems?

Please some advice. Thank you! :(

Natalia5673

Sep 24, 2012
Hi guys! So with this strike going on i was worried that the bogota office was bieng delayed and i actually read online that it was so i emailed them and they replied this

Madam,

The strike is not affecting the office at this time. However it could at any time, so please submit your aplication well ahead of time of travel

:D !

MNVC

Jul 10, 2013
Hello Everybody ,

I hope somebody can help me on this.

I'm from Ecuador. My Permanent Residency Visa was approved on the past Friday. I sent my passport 2 days ago to the Canadian Embassy in Colombia... and I was wondering if someone knows how long it will take to get my passport back with the permanent resident visa.

Thank you

sixrogue

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Hi MNVC,

I'm not sure about the current strike situation, but I can tell you that my husband was approved in Feb 2012, but we didn't land until June 2012 due to the challenges of communication between Bogota and us. Our problems may have been somewhat unique because we live in a village with little phone access and no mail nor internet access. We had trouble mailing in the passport and when it was mailed back, the FEDEX truck got hijacked.

I am guessing that is not common, but that set us back a few weeks.

However, if that never happened, I could guess that it might take another month. A couple weeks for it to sit around on someone's desk out there, and then a couple weeks for it to be in the mail.

Congratulations, by the way!!!! This is just the beginning!

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Sept. 13, 2013 background check
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Did not wait for them to be requested
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Hi guys,

I have sponsored my husband who's is Colombian, just wondering about a few things. I've just received approval to be a sponsor on Monday and they said they were sending the documents to the bogota office, but haven't received any confirmation that they've got the papers. Does anyone know if the office is running or on strike?

Also, I'm loving here in bogota with my husband, and we didnt do the criminal record check because it says to wait for further instructions, anyone know how long it takes for those instructions? And also we didnt do e medical check yet either because the doctors wanted a file number which we didnt have yet. Should I wait for the embassy to ask us for one, or now that I have a file number (from he letter they sent me approving me to be a sponsor) is that better. Or do I need to wait for a new file number for my husbands papers? Does anyone know because of these things will the application be delayed?

One last question, does it really take 17 months to approve the application? I just want to get back to my family in Canada as ill be living here in colombia with my husband until we can go back together! I'm scared with the strike it will be even longer.

Thanks!!!

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hi Cancol I am currently sponsoring my wife from Envigado (near Medellin), Colombia and I reside in Toronto Canada.

For the medical tests I had no issues for my wife in Medellin. I sent her to a doctor that Canada requests in Medellin and she was able to perform all the the requested tests that CIC needs. The papers were signed and stamped by the specific doctor in Medellin.

For the CRIMINAL CHECK my wife logged into a specific website, entered her national ID number and she was able to download the criminal check. Remember to translate it to English.

When the embassy in Bogota starts processing the application they will send an email with instructions to do a BACKGROUND VERIFICATION check and this check will automatically be sent to the Embassy.

As for the timeframe it can all depend how fast and complicated your sponsoring file is. I sent mine in on May 7th, approved in early June and a week later recieved another email stating that the papers are in Bogota for further processing. I have recieved no other emails since then.

It could be a long wait for the next stage before any other email is sent.

Thank You.

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Thanks... I might just wait for the file number from the bogota office and then do the medical exams before they request it. My husband also was denied 2 visas to Canada last year, we weren't married at the time, a tourist and student visa, I hope that doesn't hurt our application.

It will be interesting to see how our applications go since we've applied a month after you!

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Interesting. My wife was denied 2 tourist visa's. I am in the same boat as you. The last time she tried (2 years ago) getting a tourist visa I provided her with an affidavit and signed in front of a lawyer that I would be responsible for all her medical needs, accomodation and more. On top of this I provided them with a letter of employment and a letter stating she will return after visiting her fiance.. She was still denied.. You can always do the medicals and send it in. They willl match it up with your file.

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Oh wow so not only us. We actually met online about a year and a half ago, and I came down to visit for a month after talking non stop for 5 months last year, then after he was denied the first visa I came back again for 2 weeks as that's all I could get off from work. He applied for the second visa after that and it was denied really fast. Then after it was denied in October I moved here last November because i was out of vacation and really we had no other option to be together. we got married in January, went on a honeymoon, and submitted our application at he end of June. I know we haven't been together too long, but hopefully the fact of me moving down here and staying here with them will show that it is a genuine relationship, and I did send tons of pics and conversations and Skype calls etc to prove that we were in constant communication etc, and letters from friends and family.

I figure by the time we actually get approved we will have been married for at least a year if not almost 2 so I'm hoping they will see that it's real. I can't wait to go back home as I miss my family dearly, but to leave my husband again is impossible, so Im hoping it will all be ok.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
I believe you will be alright. As for me we have been together for 6 years now and married last year. I did not move to Colombia because of my occupation. I sent CIC quite a few photos of us together, the first email we interacted 6 years ago, an email on how we met through a mutual friend, and reciepts of vacations together with both are names on it.

Thanks