Birthing visa refused

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@Copingwithlife she only asked a simple question, you dont have to sound so rude and so pained.

It is not compulsory to respond to every question asked on here.
Copingwithlife was responding to OP's stupidly ignorant comment "Canada is too big for this excuse you giving about shortage of beds ..there are a gazillion Hospitals I mean.."

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
Ok Canada isn’t big and they don’t have hospital beds...you ok now?? Lmao
Ahh, a expert from abroad on Canada’s Health system , I’m positive with your knowledge there’s a position at Health Canada , or in the Ministers office responsible for Health
I’m sure you’d be a welcome addition negotiating with the provinces in additional funds allocated for health
Where have you been all these years with wait times going thru the roof , or hallway medicine growing in the provinces ?
Good grief

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Copingwithlife was responding to OP's stupidly ignorant comment "Canada is too big for this excuse you giving about shortage of beds ..there are a gazillion Hospitals I mean.."
Must we use abusive and derogatory comments/words to members or fellows that have different opinions with ours. Our opinions are relative and no opinion is superior. The word "stupidly ignorant" is very disparaging. This isn't what Canada is known for. It's ridiculous and against our health sector reputation to talk of shortage of beds. We do have private as well as public hospital. Govt isn't funding privately established hospital, therefore OP can patronize those and directly or indirectly contributing to Canada economy. Remember, some international birth tourists are doing something legal until it's formally pronounced illegal by the parliament.

Reactions: EstherB

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Must we use abusive and derogatory comments/words to members or fellows that have different opinions with ours. Our opinions are relative and no opinion is superior. The word "stupidly ignorant" is very disparaging. This isn't what Canada is known for. It's ridiculous and against our health sector reputation to talk of shortage of beds. We do have private as well as public hospital. Govt isn't funding privately established hospital, therefore OP can patronize those and directly or indirectly contributing to Canada economy. Remember, some international birth tourists are doing something legal until it's formally pronounced illegal by the parliament.
Not sure about your province, but BC is very short of hospital beds, especially in Greater Vancouver Area.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Not sure about your province, but BC is very short of hospital beds, especially in Greater Vancouver Area.
Not the same in Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area despite being the most populated city in Canada. I'm in Toronto, Ontario and few miles from my house is a private health provider which I believe will have bed capacity above 1000 due to the gigantic nature of the hospital. BC is understandable and that will not be a representation of Canada as an advanced nation of the world. We can't use a part to represent a whole. If this is happening in some province, it shouldn't be a thing of pride for Canadian. This is 21st century, where WHO and other international agencies are working towards achieving SDG goals. Which no doubt Canada is a party or a partner.

Last edited:
Reactions: EstherB

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Not the same in Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area despite being the most populated city in Canada. I'm in Toronto, Ontario and few miles from my house is a private health provider which I believe will have bed capacity above 1000 due to the gigantic nature of the hospital. BC is understandable and that will not be a representation of Canada as an advanced nation of the world. We can't use a part to represent a whole. If this is happening in some province, it shouldn't be a thing of pride for Canadian. This is 21st century, where WHO and other international agencies are working towards achieving SDG goals. Which no doubt Canada is a party or a partner.
Your assertion that BC is not part of an advanced nation and that the hospital pressures are somehow "understandable" puzzles me and seems odd.

The hospital within walking distance from my home, Richmond Hospital, has to turn away locals from the maternity ward because it is full of people from other countries coming here for birth tourism. There are "birth tourism hotels" in my apartment building - essentially AirBNB for pregnant women.

I have no problem with jus soli and I despise the racism that is directed towards the people, primarily of Asian descent, who are in my city, but for you to suggest that (a) BC is a shame on all of Canada, (b) is not part of an advanced nation of the world, and (c) is "understandable" I really begin to question what you're saying.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Your assertion that BC is not part of an advanced nation and that the hospital pressures are somehow "understandable" puzzles me and seems odd.

The hospital within walking distance from my home, Richmond Hospital, has to turn away locals from the maternity ward because it is full of people from other countries coming here for birth tourism. There are "birth tourism hotels" in my apartment building - essentially AirBNB for pregnant women.

I have no problem with jus soli and I despise the racism that is directed towards the people, primarily of Asian descent, who are in my city, but for you to suggest that (a) BC is a shame on all of Canada, (b) is not part of an advanced nation of the world, and (c) is "understandable" I really begin to question what you're saying.
I disagree with your assertion, if you can read my sentences in-depth, you'll be able to discern it. I said, BC is understandable (bcoz of some contemporary issues that I will not discuss here, not only the BC has such health related issues. Some territories of northern Canada too) and that will not be a representation of Canada as an advanced nation of the world. Thus this statement implied that BC is a "shame on all of Canada or not part...of the world". You can't insinuate my comments, rather you can ask for clarification before making a conclusion. Doing that you're committing a fallacy. What I mean by understandable, is that some provinces are facing health related challenges. Which Ontario isn't an exemption. Even in the US similar health issues do occur no doubt about it. We can't say because 10 out of one hundred dogs are tailless, therefore all dogs are tailless.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Where in Toronto is there a private health provider with 1000 beds?

Toronto certainly has a shortage of beds. There is a shortage of beds throughout Canada. Not as bad as the UK but there is constantly juggling for inpatient beds and a huge back-up because many are stuck in hospital waiting for longterm care and rehab beds that are in even shorter supply.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Where in Toronto is there a private health provider with 1000 beds?
Providence Health care. As I said, it is an estimate due to what I see outside and inside.
"In our Hospital, ...more than 5,000 people benefit from our innovative approaches each year. Our Ambulatory Services and Clinics promote ongoing recovery, healthy living, and sustained well-being to people in the GTA and beyond".
https://www.providence.on.ca/about-us

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Providence Health care. As I said, it is an estimate due to what I see outside and inside.
"In our Hospital, ...more than 5,000 people benefit from our innovative approaches each year. Our Ambulatory Services and Clinics promote ongoing recovery, healthy living, and sustained well-being to people in the GTA and beyond".
https://www.providence.on.ca/about-us
Providence Healthcare is not a private healthcare provider in the way that the term is generally understood in Canada (ie, for-profit, non-government funded.)

Providence is certainly a nonprofit organization that operates hospitals, but it does so in the context of the various Health Acts and is reimbursed by the various health programs in the provinces it operates.

It is not a pay-for-service private healthcare organization.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I disagree with your assertion, if you can read my sentences in-depth, you'll be able to discern it. I said, BC is understandable and that will not be a representation of Canada as an advanced nation of the world. Thus this statement implied that BC is a "shame on all of Canada or not part...of the world". You can't insinuate my comments, rather you can ask for clarification before making a conclusion. Doing that you're committing a fallacy. What I mean by understandable, is that some provinces are facing health related challenges. Which Ontario isn't an exemption. Even in the US similar health issues do occur no doubt about it. We can't say because 10 out of one hundred dogs are tailless, therefore all dogs are tailless.
Do you not get the import of what you're saying when you say that "BC...will not be a representation of Canada as an advanced nation of the world" - what is it then, a representation of a developing nation?

Goodness.

BC's health challenges in many cases are caused by birth tourism. Full stop.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Exactly not a private organization and currently has around 250 beds. Not sure if there is a new addition but 1000 beds seems unlikely.

Have you actually used the health system in Canada? It seems like you are a quite new PR so may have never actually dealt with various sectors of the health system. I am thankful for the system but to say it is not over capacity would be lying.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Exactly not a private organization and currently has around 250 beds. Not sure if there is a new addition but 1000 beds seems unlikely.
Anyway! That's possible because I have friends working in the hospital in Toronto. My standpoint is that, many developing or third world countries look up to countries like Canada, USA, and the rest most advanced nations for good health care and other opportunity, when it is available and legal. Saying, Canada hospitals are in short of beds should be internal problem and something that I believe provincial and federal government are working on.

Reactions: Renny Renny

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Okay. That's possible because I have friends working in the hospital in Toronto. My standpoint is that, many developing or third world countries look up to countroes like Canada, USA, and the rest most advanced nations for good health care and other opportunity, when it is available and legal. Saying, Canada hospitals are in short of beds should be internal problem and something that I believe provincial and federal government are working on.
But it isn't an internal problem when the system is being sought out by external people; then, with external inputs, it's a problem that is both internal and external.