+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birthing visa refused

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
What is your reason to fly around the world to give birth ?
You would and everyone else that had applied in theory are taking up space with doctors and hospital beds from legitimate individuals who have the RIGHT to those Doctors & hospital beds
Guess you'll have to plan on giving birth in your own country
Ain’t nobody takin up Residents or citizen space in the hospital.. Canada is amongst those countries who practice citizenship by birth(Jus soli) be well informed that I declared birthing,I was asked to get a doctor and hospital ,paid my deposits of almost 20k CAdolls to the hospital and 3k CAD to the doctor,got a doctors letter and correspondence.be aware that they have issued such visas in the past.mybe now they are unsure of what to do as regards birthing in Canada for citizenship..Most of us can pay our bills..it’s not a big deal tho..unto the bext big thing

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
This refers to your application for a Canadian temporary resident visa.

In order to continue with the processing of your application:

· You are required to provide proof from a competent Canadian Health Authority that formal arrangements have been made to provide payment for health services related to the birth. A letter from a family doctor will not suffice, we are requesting official documents certified by a Regional Health Authority and hospital administration that formal payment arrangements have been made.

This information should be received by email before December 13th , 2019.

Failure to do so may result in a refusal of your application.

Regards,

OA

Migration Office | Bureau de Migration
Deputy High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat auxillaire du Canada

4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island,Lagos Nigeria
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
The above was sent by the embassy for those who ruled out that birthing visas doesn’t exist or who thinks one doesn’t know what they are talking about..????

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ain’t nobody takin up Residents or citizen space in the hospital.. Canada is amongst those countries who practice citizenship by birth(Jus soli) be well informed that I declared birthing,I was asked to get a doctor and hospital ,paid my deposits of almost 20k CAdolls to the hospital and 3k CAD to the doctor,got a doctors letter and correspondence.be aware that they have issued such visas in the past.mybe now they are unsure of what to do as regards birthing in Canada for citizenship..Most of us can pay our bills..it’s not a big deal tho..unto the bext big thing
Certainly does. Staffing of L&D departments are based on the local population and the case load of the various OBs that have privileges. There have been Canadian women who have been sent to another hospital or had to wait to get a c-section because a foreign national was at that hospital. It is really the case for NICU beds which are very limited. Whether a hospital accepts a patient and whether the government allows people to see healthcare in Canada are very different. If you already had a baby in the US while on a travel visa your TRV would have likely been denied for fear that you may be trying to give birth abroad again.

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
Hey buddy..I declared birthing
Certainly does. Staffing of L&D departments are based on the local population and the case load of the various OBs that have privileges. There have been Canadian women who have been sent to another hospital or had to wait to get a c-section because a foreign national was at that hospital. It is really the case for NICU beds which are very limited. Whether a hospital accepts a patient and whether the government allows people to see healthcare in Canada are very different. If you already had a baby in the US while on a travel visa your TRV would have likely been denied for fear that you may be trying to give birth abroad again.
Hey buddy,I declared birthing for my USA visa,I got a B2 visa..I don’t misuse visa..I paid my bills,left at the appropriate time ..so??? Also..Canada is too big for this excuse you giving about shortage of beds ..there are a gazillion Hospitals I mean..
Well,at the end visa is a privilege and not a right..Am good!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Hey buddy,I declared birthing for my USA visa,I got a B2 visa..I don’t misuse visa..I paid my bills,left at the appropriate time ..so??? Also..Canada is too big for this excuse you giving about shortage of beds ..there are a gazillion Hospitals I mean..
Not sure why you became an expert in bed availability in the Canadian healthcare system. Most days almost all hospital beds are full across Canada and some may be in hallways. Canada would have seen you commit birth tourism (whether it is legal or not) and would be concerned that you would do the same since you were mentioning that had you not declared your pregnancy you would have been approved. US and Canada are different countries with very different health systems.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is birthing suppose to be under permanent visa ?? What’s your point???

You keep saying you applied for a birthing visa. You posted this as proof that there is a birthing visa. You applied for a temporary resident visa like anyone applying to visit Canada.

Sure you can find some US hospital to take your money if you still have a visa.

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
You keep saying you applied for a birthing visa. You posted this as proof that there is a birthing visa. You applied for a temporary resident visa like anyone applying to visit Canada.

Sure you can find some US hospital to take your money if you still have a visa.
If that didn’t exist,there was no point for the embassy asking us to pay deposits or get doctors and hospitals correspondence ..yes..the same embassy asked that you picked others under the TRV category..it’s no big deal tho..
Like I said ,visa issuance is a privileged and not a right..
Canadian embassy do not owe me anything..as long as I can get my deposits back..a.m. good (big grin**

Renny Renny

Jan 3, 2020
Not sure why you became an expert in bed availability in the Canadian healthcare system. Most days almost all hospital beds are full across Canada and some may be in hallways. Canada would have seen you commit birth tourism (whether it is legal or not) and would be concerned that you would do the same since you were mentioning that had you not declared your pregnancy you would have been approved. US and Canada are different countries with very different health systems.
Oops! Where i did I write about not declaring and getting the visa *laughs*
Just saying at the end of the day majority don’t declare their main intention,they end up getting the visa and misusing.
While ,I am glad that I was able to declare even tho I didn’t get the visa,I did the right thing..no regrets!!

Reactions: Camus182

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
There is no excessive demand threshold because TRV recipients have no right to free healthcare in Canada.

Certainly people can be refused entry to Canada if giving birth is not mentioned as their purpose for visiting Canada and CBSA finds out they are pregnant.

Not illegal but prevented as much as possible is Canada’s current stance on birth tourism. As the problem increases and nowccauses problems for the care of Canadians hopefully it will be changed.
I believe we have to be careful in expressing our opinion or implying rules that are not back by relevant statutory law such as citizenship act and IRPA/R. We should not make assumption for IRCC operation and policy or make foreign nationals feel that Canada legislation is not legally substantive or not formally rational.

I think it is left for the parliament to decide. Whatever policy IRCC is operating must have parliament approval or in accordance with the Act and its regulation. I understand that birth tourism ( jus soli) may have negative impact on the public health sector budget in one way or the other. However, some tourist/visitor has compelling reason of doing that. I believe the issue is still being debate by MP.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Ahh, a expert from abroad on Canada’s Health system , I’m positive with your knowledge there’s a position at Health Canada , or in the Ministers office responsible for Health
I’m sure you’d be a welcome addition negotiating with the provinces in additional funds allocated for health
Where have you been all these years with wait times going thru the roof , or hallway medicine growing in the provinces ?
Good grief

Reactions: Buletruck