+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

saroya

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
NOT FOUND!!! I gave biometrics in February 2020 for my TRV. But when I checked it online( using the link someone shared in this thread it says not found

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Well, something positive to cheer about (after waiting to give biometric since March 2020). I have one question, does this mean that the exemption would apply to folks who had previously provided their biometrics for work permit (I did for work permit in 2018). Below is an excerpt from today's notice

"previously provided their biometrics within the 10-year period before the day on which they made the current permanent residence application"

Thanks,
AA
That's exactly what it means. You do not have to give again if you gave for work permit within the last 10 years. It is also updated on our profile pages with the number and expiry date

Reactions: KadirAyubi

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
That's exactly what it means. You do not have to give again if you gave for work permit within the last 10 years. It is also updated on our profile pages with the number and expiry date
Thanks for the quick response and the confirmation, appreciate it!

Tylor Lee

Mar 28, 2019
What does this mean guys?

I have never submitted biometrics for my student visa and PWGP. The only submission was last December when I entered Canada again.
Any ideas? Thanks!
  • previously provided their biometrics within the 10-year period before the day on which they made the current permanent residence application

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
how many applicants would have been exempted. let say 10%.?
Everyone I know personally had given BO.So I would say 20% may be.
I had given it in march 2020 for wp extension, I can see that on my profile as well...My all the stages were completed(GCMS) in July(AOR May 8).. Lets see if they are exempting how much time they will take to approve the application.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
I did my biometric for visitor visa back in 2018. It is valid till 2028 but haven’t seen any update in my application. Let me know if you guys have any update. Thanks

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
I used to be an international student, I couldn't remember if I ever submitted biometrics information to IRCC for maybe study permit or work permit or whatever else. Did anyone have similar experience? Thanks.
Your biometrics and expiry date are attached with your PR application number on the top right corner. Check it. Cheers!

Keepers

Jun 9, 2018
This is such good news for many of you guys. Congrats to all! Does it make sense to amend the google doc tracker now?

It would be so good if IRCC would go one step further and allow those who still need to give biometrics to do so via the RCMP pcc. In any case, most inlanders are asked to provide an RCMP fingerprint-based pcc. I cannot understand why they can't simply ask RCMP to share these electronic fingerprints with whichever department runs the biometric check at IRCC. It's not like people's fingerprints change based on who does the check. Plus, all RCMPs are open and they can distribute caseloads in a covid-friendly manner instead of sending everyone to SC. It would be so easy for them to get rid of the backlog this way. But no, of course not, I am sure they will wait another 6 months before they come up with this exemption too. o_O
This sounds like a viable option, but I dont think the hard working people of IRCC will consider this until months down the line. I hope they have their ears on the grounnd , listening to some of these suggestions.

Reactions: Tylor Lee

Tylor Lee

Mar 28, 2019
This sounds like a viable option, but I dont think the hard working people of IRCC will consider this until months down the line. I hope they have their ears on the grounnd , listening to some of these suggestions.
This will take forever...I guess there are around 200k applicants who are waiting for the bio collection. I really hope to know whats in their mind.....

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This is such good news for many of you guys. Congrats to all! Does it make sense to amend the google doc tracker now?

It would be so good if IRCC would go one step further and allow those who still need to give biometrics to do so via the RCMP pcc. In any case, most inlanders are asked to provide an RCMP fingerprint-based pcc. I cannot understand why they can't simply ask RCMP to share these electronic fingerprints with whichever department runs the biometric check at IRCC. It's not like people's fingerprints change based on who does the check. Plus, all RCMPs are open and they can distribute caseloads in a covid-friendly manner instead of sending everyone to SC. It would be so easy for them to get rid of the backlog this way. But no, of course not, I am sure they will wait another 6 months before they come up with this exemption too. o_O
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/biometrics.694085/page-11#post-8835969

Oct 10, 2017
I had given biometrics for wp application in 2019.
Will that be valid for my PR application.
How to notify IRCC about the biometrics that I had given in 2019 for ICT wp to be attached to my PR application