+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
may i ask your current status? thanks
My AOR is May 6th. The only pending action is the biometrics collection. I really can't see any reason to not finalize my CEC application under these circunstances. I have already provided my biometrics in the past.

Reactions: ggwen

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
My AOR is May 6th. The only pending action is the biometrics collection. I really can't see any reason to not finalize my CEC application under these circunstances. I have already provided my biometrics in the past.
so your AOR is May 6th, and per GCMS notes or phone call from IRCC advised you that you have passed everything except bio?

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
so your AOR is May 6th, and per GCMS notes or phone call from IRCC advised you that you have passed everything except bio?
No, I said that the biometrics is my only pending action. IRCC by phone advised me that my eligibility is 'recommended passed' by the analyst. I understand that the other steps are in accordance with the expected progress. If I had the biometrics already I would probably receive my PR in six months.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
What does 64% progress bar means?
The progress bar pretty much only tracks the amount of time passed since submitting your application with 100% being the estimated 6 month deadline. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, especially right now other than to keep track of how long your application is overdue.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
What does 64% progress bar means?
This is most silly monitoring tool provided by IRCC which they themselves deny over call. It’s t8me elapsed since u submitted application assuming they take 6 months to process, right now they need 7 months for biometrics to re open. So u can imagine some silly mind thought of including this

leothelion

Jun 26, 2020
I called IRCC, but the lady on the phone mentioned, there is no exception you can expect for inland CEC immigration applications waiting for biometrics from biometrics.. looks like there is no other way except for waiting on service canada to resume the operations

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Keep tweeting and messaging is the only way to find a solution for this issue.

Reactions: MK2050 and Mzt2020

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I am starting to lose patience now and I'm normally a very laid back person. 7 months and no news, BOWP applications with no movement on those either. Opening up the sites to collect biometrics would be wonderful but the backlog will be immense and I have been waiting since March. The longer we wait the more it will hurt when they open. You just know with how all this has been handled their approach will be "They are open now so go book a slot for in 6 months time, good luck".

All this waiting would be ok and make sense if we were still heavily locked down. But there doesn't seem to be a problem going to a restaurant and movie theater :(

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I am starting to lose patience now and I'm normally a very laid back person. 7 months and no news, BOWP applications with no movement on those either. Opening up the sites to collect biometrics would be wonderful but the backlog will be immense and I have been waiting since March. The longer we wait the more it will hurt when they open. You just know with how all this has been handled their approach will be "They are open now so go book a slot for in 6 months time, good luck".

All this waiting would be ok and make sense if we were still heavily locked down. But there doesn't seem to be a problem going to a restaurant and movie theater :(

Yes , there seems to no problem with conducting new draws and making people fool by collecting money in advance and than leaving them in midst for several months where there is no certainty as to when the things will open up. This is abit unprofessional.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Yes - agreed! Let's use the power of social media. Tweet to "@CanadianPM" "@CitImmCanada" and use the hashtag #WaiveBiometricsForInlandApplicants. We need to get this to trending list!
Got info today that Service Canada is calling people to book the biometrics appointment. I saw on Twitter that someone visited a Service Canada center yesterday and got the same info. They are gonna start calling next week or so as he mentioned.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Got info today that Service Canada is calling people to book the biometrics appointment. I saw on Twitter that someone visited a Service Canada center yesterday and got the same info. They are gonna start calling next week or so as he mentioned.
That's good news

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
start calling? What number do they call?
It doesn’t sound like it’s feasible