Biometrics

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Got info today that Service Canada is calling people to book the biometrics appointment. I saw on Twitter that someone visited a Service Canada center yesterday and got the same info. They are gonna start calling next week or so as he mentioned.
He's right! Call the IRCC number: 1 888 242 2100. I just called.
Listen to the long automated message, wait a bit as they get through a few pieces of information regarding Lebanon, etc.
It says that Service Canada is calling in-Canada applicants to make biometric appointments, and that these calls are made in the order of when your application was received. Finally some good news after SO LONG!

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
On another note, I assume they're going to use the number we put under Contact Information of our PR application?

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Glad to know something is moving, but it sounds weird. Am i going to receive a random call where I need to give my availability on the spot?

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
I guess so. I'm just going to take the first available appointment anywhere. At this point I'll take anything anywhere :D
Lol I suppose we'll find out as people on this forum start receiving calls. If you have earlier AOR / BIL dates, please share your experiences with us!

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Did we ever give our phone number when applying for PR? I only remember we needed to give email... can't remember clearly

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Yes, You do. I clearly remember they ask for that in the personal information form.
Its still fuzzy at this point. Some Service Canada offices have more capacity than others. How do they coordinate this depending on where you live as in provinces. Some might be calling for march candidates while others have already passed march and are in april. Is it going to be centralized?

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Glad to know something is moving, but it sounds weird. Am i going to receive a random call where I need to give my availability on the spot?
I also thought this was weird, but after a while I realized this is probably the fairest way to do it. If they let anyone book an appointment on the Service Canada website (the way they're doing now with their other services) it's hard to control who gets the first turn. My AOR is in June so I know I'll have to wait for a few months to let March applicants go first, but I think it's the right thing to do. And at least having this information means I can plan my life a bit more.

Good luck to us all!

Last edited:
Reactions: cck1986 and Dhan09

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
AOR is Feb. 13th - so I hope I get a call soon. :D
Please update us if you do (will give us an estimate) . When you call them it says they have begun calling, I am not sure if its exactly true. because Feb applicants should be receiving calls by now if they already begun. Maybe next week you get the call. GOOD LUCK!