+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

sbs2

Sep 22, 2020
Do u really expect them to work even 1 more second outside their working hours?
Forget it. Not happening.
I know man! just trynna make sure so that I can remain unchained to my phone at certain times .. honestly tho I’m thankful things are finally moving forward and all and I’m all about staying positive but it’d have been wayyyy easier if they went about it a different way than book appointments through phone calls.. what if you miss a call because you’re at work and your boss doesn’t let you answer calls because he/she can’t relate to all of this!? Sending us emails or something to book appointments would have been much easier in my opinion. It is what it is tho !!

Reactions: Shiva91

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Yes, it means your chance of getting COPR is pretty much guaranteed, unless there is information you provided in that doesn't correspond with what they have . My friends PR got rejected during the background check because there was a conflict with the dates he entered when he was filling out his application. He had to fix the date discrepancy and apply again.

As long as you filled in all the correct information, with eligibility passed you're guaranteed COPR.
I have a question regarding EE eligibility. I was told one month ago by an IRCC officer that my status was 'Recommended Passed'. Then one week ago a second officer said that my review hadn't started yet. Yesterday another IRCC officer told me that eligibility review hasn't started yet but the first analyst had said that in my file 'Recommended passed'. What does that mean? Will a second (or third) analyst review again everything? My expected completion date is Nov 6 but it is now so unlikely.

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
I have a question regarding EE eligibility. I was told one month ago by an IRCC officer that my status was 'Recommended Passed'. Then one week ago a second officer said that my review hadn't started yet. Yesterday another IRCC officer told me that eligibility review hasn't started yet but the first analyst had said that in my file 'Recommended passed'. What does that mean? Will a second (or third) analyst review again everything? My expected completion date is Nov 6 but it is now so unlikely.
Calling/ send webform to IRCC agent doesn't really help sometimes. They dont have an internal access to your EE application. The only way to know your latest status is to order GCMS notes

Reactions: Mzt2020

0Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Why are they still calling everyone for Appointement when they already mentioned that Biometrics in not needed if you are in Canada and you have given your biometrics in past 10 Years.

"
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
Why are they still calling everyone for Appointement when they already mentioned that Biometrics in not needed if you are in Canada and you have given your biometrics in past 10 Years.

"
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

You are exempted and you got a call?

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020

"

Biometric was not mandatory before 2018. There are many people including me who got study permit and work permit without biometric before so we are not exempted. It shows in the worksheet that more people who didn't give biometric in the past 10 years than people who did. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GSNBhzTJpURznhFGKUjvWfqtvbSktSsczs1f8TrcrrE/edit#gid=0

0Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014

s_can2019

Sep 13, 2020
Guys - how long does the GCMS report take? I am in the same boat as a lot of folks here, where it just shows medical passed and rest in progress. When I had called, they said Background check is in process. Not sure what that means.

My application is past 100% now since my AOR was March 7.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
Guys - how long does the GCMS report take? I am in the same boat as a lot of folks here, where it just shows medical passed and rest in progress. When I had called, they said Background check is in process. Not sure what that means.

My application is past 100% now since my AOR was March 7.
Around 3-4 weeks in my case

Reactions: s_can2019

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Just wondering how to apply for GCMS report? I m thinking to get my one but don't have detail information! Thanks
If you’re in Canada, you can request it yourself via ATIP: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
If your outside Canada:
- have relatives or friends who are Canadian citizens or PR, they can request it for you using the above link for 5 CAd.
- if you don’t know anyone in Canada, you can use third party providers - not familiar with these though.